• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
this evening, smashboards attempts to navigate the complex field of gender politics and identity amidst an increasingly-heated and divided political climate

this message brought to you by the committee of what the **** could possibly go wrong
I wonder why the debate thread hasnt reached out and grabbed this topic yet

D

Deleted member

this evening, smashboards attempts to navigate the complex field of gender politics and identity amidst an increasingly-heated and divided political climate

this message brought to you by the committee of what the **** could possibly go wrong
Exactly.

If you don’t mind me asking, if misgendering a trans person is “really ****ed up,” can the same be said for misgendering someone who isn’t trans? I do a lot of voice acting and can make my voice go very high, so a lot of people mistake me for a girl and I don’t bat an eye.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

IMO, it's healthy.

Understanding has to start somewhere, and that somewhere needs to be a place where people will see it.

D

Deleted member

Good image to show to the thread:
TAILS.jpg

Transwomen are women. Transmen are men. There are not only two genders.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Well, might as well go easy on because I wasn't even aware of that fact before. I do and will apologize, in case anyone is offended, but like I said, I never knew this before. How was I supposed to know? The fact that I kept reading he on the net didn't help.
Dude it's alright, we know you didn't mean anything by it. I'm a cis white dude in the rural south. Not a lot of open trans people here. I didn't know this until someone told me, either. Just be mindful when someone more knowledgeable talks to you about it

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
No, a lot of transphobic comments come from miscommunication or lack of knowledge. It is important to inform people as to how they should treat someone who is trans
Don't get so over sensitive. You're acting like accidentally misgendering someone is just as bad as committing a murder. People make mistakes and sometimes get confused. Misgendering someone on purpose however, would come off as transphobic. Let's drop the conversation and move on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m sitting here during break time at school, listening to all of you chat about your arenas.

:troll:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Dude it's alright, we know you didn't mean anything by it. I'm a cis white dude in the rural south. Not a lot of open trans people here. I didn't know this until someone told me, either. Just be mindful when someone more knowledgeable talks to you about it
Why thanks. Like I said, I am sorry. So sorry in fact. Man, man, man, I really wish I had know that sooner. Good thing I am not against transpeople, though. I am for them, in fact. They should be equal as anyone else.

RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11 I see you have liked one of my posts. Question is, though, did I really deserve that? I personally don't think so.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I wonder why the debate thread hasnt reached out and grabbed this topic yet
Because the debate section is garbage and just sweeps this stuff under the rug.
People won't learn if it's tucked away elsewhere.

It also insinuates that having basic respect for people is up for debate when it really isn't.

D

Deleted member

I can see this topic getting very heated very quickly. Uhh, blue arms.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Exactly.

If you don’t mind me asking, if misgendering a trans person is “really ****ed up,” can the same be said for misgendering someone who isn’t trans? I do a lot of voice acting and can make my voice go very high, so a lot of people mistake me for a girl and I don’t bat an eye.
Imagine if people kept insisting that you were a girl and refused to listen to you when you corrected them. Not only that, but some of them hate you because you tell them you're a guy. Some might even say you deserve to die or go to hell for it.

I don't really know any transgenders, but that's what I hear it's like for them.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Because the debate section is garbage and just sweeps this stuff under the rug.
People won't learn if it's tucked away elsewhere.

It also insinuates that having basic respect for people is up for debate when it really isn't.
There's a debate section? What the **** is this here for then all we do here is argue. Literally all day yesterday was a heated debate about sticks

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, y'all, I'm peacin' out. I'll leave the arena up, but if it crashes, I won't be able to make another.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
To put it in perspective, have you grappled with being born a female your whole life before making the unpopular decision to transition into the male you truly are, possibly to the determent or outright condemnation of your loved ones, before someone calls you "she" and reminds you that you don't fit society's expectations for what you should be and possibly never will?

Of course you didn't bat an eye. Because it's not the same at all.

D

Deleted member

Hey, y'all, I'm peacin' out. I'll leave the arena up, but if it crashes, I won't be able to make another.
Talk about perfectly timed posts :4diddy:
Oh **** it's okay now it heard me

D

Deleted member

To put it in perspective, have you grappled with being born a female your whole life before making the unpopular decision to transition into the male you truly are, possibly to the determent or outright condemnation of your loved ones, before someone calls you "she" and reminds you that you don't fit society's expectations for what you should be and possibly never will?

Of course you didn't bat an eye. Because it's not the same at all.
I said misgendering someone, not “reminding you that you don’t fit into society’s expectations.” Also, even if I was trans, it would still be a simple mistake, right? Now, if they insisted, that’s a whole ‘nother animal.

D

Deleted member

Wait, what do ya'll mean the person behind Sonichu is a trans girl?? This is one hell of a plot twist coupled with character development what the hell

Also, hi and bye

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wait, what do ya'll mean the person behind Sonichu is a trans girl?? This is one hell of a plot twist coupled with character development what the hell

Also, hi and bye
she still has all the tolerance of a white Alabaman preacher tho so it's a weird combo

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Well, while we are still on the subject, Chris, or Christine, got expelled once from college for "attempting to find women by posting signs in public places". Now, I am not trying to prove that Chris is a he by bringing this up, but I am confused, provided this is true. Why would he do that if she is not truly/born male? I hope I bring no offense in this.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Well, while we are still on the subject, Chris, or Christine, got expelled once from college for "attempting to find women by posting signs in public places". Now, I am not trying to prove that Chris is a he by bringing this up, but I am confused, provided this is true. Why would he do that if she is not truly/born male? I hope I bring no offense in this.
lesbians exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom