• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I am not mad about the fact Badrat PK-Spammed ( That is okay. ), I am mad about the fact that he ticked everyone off buy quiting and not quitting.

D

Deleted member

Ah, **** it. I really just can't do it today.
I'll try again tomorrow.

Sorry for being annoying, if anyone has been annoyed by me. I know I'm pushy and I'm trying to work on it. It's a result of both my anxiety and desire to be on top of things that are important to me despite my depression sucking the motivation out of me sometimes.

Sorry for being pushy about anything I've ever been pushy about.

I try too hard to be liked and respected, and honestly, I feel like I don't really deserve it compared to anyone else here who deserves it more.

Y'all are great. Never change.
Aw mate, don’t be so down on yourself! Trust me, if anybody here deserves a bit of respect, it’s you. Almost all of your posts are funny or insightful.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True, but still very unfun. I’d prefer to learn how to counter it in matches where it isn’t being spammed. I can try jumping over it, but then he jumps and PK fires me, etc. Piranha Plant just doesn’t have many good options when to comes to avoiding PK fire.
This means one of two things.
1: Piranha Plant VS Ness is just one of THOSE matchups
2: Theoretically, shouldn't down b's armour allow you to power through and bite his ass? Now get back to the lab and test that ****

D

Deleted member

2: Theoretically, shouldn't down b's armour allow you to power through and bite his ***? Now get back to the lab and test that ****
Does a plant biting a kids *ahem* butt count as sexual assult?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
True, but still very unfun. I’d prefer to learn how to counter it in matches where it isn’t being spammed. I can try jumping over it, but then he jumps and PK fires me, etc. Piranha Plant just doesn’t have many good options when to comes to avoiding PK fire.
But what do you think learning is? Repetition.

All I'm saying is asking your opponent to not keep hitting you with a clearly working strategy defeats the entire purpose of playing a fighting game.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Also for clarificion, hope I don’t sound like a sore loser, but spamming is just kinda cheesy and takes the fun out of matches if ya ask me. Not insulting his method of play or anything, if he wants to I’m not stopping him, I’d just prefer something more fun and less cheesy to play against. I’ll still try though.
2: Theoretically, shouldn't down b's armour allow you to power through and bite his ***? Now get back to the lab and test that ****
yeah it is. Also I will try that. Thank you.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you watched my match with him, you would have saw that while he hit the PK Fire, he missed almost every grab followup. Though I lost to a PK Fire Bat combo, I still felt as if I could have avoided that.

That's because I SDI'd out of PK Fire, and promptly punished his grab whiffs. That's how I got him to Roller-Inkbrush percent, which helped me take out the first stock. Shielding and SDI really helps when it comes to PK Fire, as it's pretty laggy at the end, and it's not hard to escape unless your character is really bulky. In that case, shield.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well I've opened up my own arena.

ID: 09RFM
Password: 147

The player cap is 4 though.

D

Deleted member

Ah, **** it. I really just can't do it today.
I'll try again tomorrow.

Sorry for being annoying, if anyone has been annoyed by me. I know I'm pushy and I'm trying to work on it. It's a result of both my anxiety and desire to be on top of things that are important to me despite my depression sucking the motivation out of me sometimes.

Sorry for being pushy about anything I've ever been pushy about.

I try too hard to be liked and respected, and honestly, I feel like I don't really deserve it compared to anyone else here who deserves it more.

Y'all are great. Never change.
Do not doubt yourself, you are a good person. You do it just right, you do deserve respect.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
But what do you think learning is? Repetition.

All I'm saying is asking your opponent to not keep hitting you with a clearly working strategy defeats the entire purpose of playing a fighting game.
I mean true.
Thanks for the advice. Will try that,

Also not trying to be a sore loser for asking that. Just thought it would be more fun.

D

Deleted member

Spamming is useful in a way because it teaches you how to deal with that one specific move. You ain’t gonna improve if you don’t learn how to deal with that ****. Remember, all spam has a weakness.

D

Deleted member

Spamming is useful in a way because it teaches you how to deal with that one specific move. You ain’t gonna improve if you don’t learn how to deal with that ****. Remember, all spam has a weakness.
I agree.

Little Macs spamming smash attacks back in For Glory sort of helped me adapt to Smash attacks in a way.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thing with spamming is I’d just rather go against someone who doesn’t use the same move over and over again, and rather fight someone who can defeat me with combos, etc. Still, y’all brought up some points I didn’t think about, so thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Did everyone leave? Only 4 player's in Shiny's Arena, no players in mine.

If no one shows up to my arena and an open spot remains in Shiny's, I'm probably going to hop into his.

Edit: You know what, I'm gonna do that right now.
Edit 2: Someone beat me to joining it seems.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thing with spamming is I’d just rather go against someone who doesn’t use the same move over and over again, and rather fight someone who can defeat me with combos, etc. Still, y’all brought up some points I didn’t think about, so thanks for the advice!
I would be glad to take on you Pp without spamming so much to help you learn the mu

D

Deleted member

MY ARENA IS UP!!!

ID:DHJ5S
PW:1111

Please come I had an awful day at school and I just want to be with you guys:(

D

Deleted member

Did everyone leave? Only 4 player's in Shiny's Arena, no players in mine.

If no one shows up to my arena and an open spot remains in Shiny's, I'm probably going to hop into his.

Edit: You know what, I'm gonna do that right now.
Edit 2: Someone beat me to joining it seems.
I am sorry to hear that.
I will be sure to tag you when there are four players left. Or you can join Connor's arena.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Can we all agree that not being able to change your character or stage pick without losing your spot in line and your ability to spectate was a ****ing terrible design choice?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One of the most cathartic things i’ve experienced in this game was beating a wolf blaster spammer who teabagged after every stock. On an omega stage too.
I got a guy to like 70% just by blaster spam once. The kicker? He played Toon Link and could have just stopped walking and slowly approach and crouch every few steps to get closer

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Me: *Comes online
Social Thread: *Has a normal title
Poll: *Still the stick nonsense
Moydow Moydow : *Has been upgraded?

Me: Okay, so what's going in here all of a sudden?

D

Deleted member

Can we all agree that not being able to change your character or stage pick without losing your spot in line and your ability to spectate was a ****ing terrible design choice?
I thought I was the only one who disliked that. lol

D

Deleted member

Big yes.

Coming from a person who constantly likes to change characters. ;-;

I am used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom