• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ness PK Spammers can be easy to read. If you have a reflector, reflect. Or just outplay them.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Online's working fine for me (famous last words)

@Badrat I’m all up for a good match but don’t spam PK Fire please. Matches aren’t fun when you do that.
I don't play Wario, but can't he eat the flames or something?

D

Deleted member

I'm kind of having trouble figuring out the most effective way to train that's not going to Tournaments since I can't so I would like some suggestions, How do y'all train and practice to get better? cause sometimes Online just doesn't work for me.

D

Deleted member

New arena rules.
Taunting is fine. T-bagging on the other hand is meant to rile the other opponent up and that could cause unnecessary drama.
Please do not T-bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
From what I'm seeing here that's kinda what it sounds like.

The entirety of Update 3.0 is better online. Joker will be delayed.
joker's preparations involved him stealing Furukawa's heart from his palace themed around dial-up connection

expect a change of heart and public apology in roughly 20 days depending on how quickly joker cleared the palace

D

Deleted member

Oddly enough, Smash's online is very flip floppy for me, whereas Splatoon runs pretty smooth and I rarely have issues with it. I wonder why? They both run on P2P, so you'd think they'd both have similar performing online.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah, **** it. I really just can't do it today.
I'll try again tomorrow.

Sorry for being annoying, if anyone has been annoyed by me. I know I'm pushy and I'm trying to work on it. It's a result of both my anxiety and desire to be on top of things that are important to me despite my depression sucking the motivation out of me sometimes.

Sorry for being pushy about anything I've ever been pushy about.

I try too hard to be liked and respected, and honestly, I feel like I don't really deserve it compared to anyone else here who deserves it more.

Y'all are great. Never change.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm kind of having trouble figuring out the most effective way to train that's not going to Tournaments since I can't so I would like some suggestions, How do y'all train and practice to get better? cause sometimes Online just doesn't work for me.
Go into training and focus on practicing fundamental skills. Make sure your movement, combos and any tech that might be important to you character are on point. Watching guides and top players fight also helps.

Fighting CPUs is are also an okay way to practice those things but you have to be really careful not to pick up any bad habits in doing so.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'll try again tomorrow.

Sorry for being annoying, if anyone has been annoyed by me. I know I'm pushy and I'm trying to work on it. It's a result of both my anxiety and desire to be on top of things that are important to me despite my depression sucking the motivation out of me sometimes.

I try too hard to be liked and respected, and honestly, I feel like I don't really deserve it compared to anyone else here who deserves it more.

Hey Toasty do you think people here deserve love and affection?

If you answered yes, then why do you feel you don't?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'll try again tomorrow.

Nah your fine man.
Do you want to perish like the dog you are or feast upon glory? After you've reflected that **** then you can do this with youe pathetic PP
Maybe later.

D

Deleted member

Go into training and focus on practicing fundamental skills. Make sure your movement, combos and any tech that might be important are on point. Watching guides and top players fight also helps.

Fighting CPUs is are also an okay way to practice those things but you have to be really careful not to pick up any bad habits in doing so.
Thanks! I really didn't know what the best way to train was, I figured maybe Training mode was but I wasn't entirely sure.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oddly enough, Smash's online is very flip floppy for me, whereas Splatoon runs pretty smooth and I rarely have issues with it. I wonder why? They both run on P2P, so you'd think they'd both have similar performing online.
Ironically, Splat2 should perform worse since it has to connect to all 8 consoles instead of a central hub, where as for Smash, the max is 4 consoles, but most of the time, it's just two. P2P is what Smash should use, and not Splat2, and yet, Splat2 is the better online experience.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay new game because I need music to listen to while doing monotonous inventory inputs.

Post your favorite Sawano songs. Go.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll try again tomorrow.

I can't speak for anyone else but you've never once annoyed me. You're pretty fun to have around.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Splatoon performs better but getting disconnects is more frequent for me
Also, I really hope that for Splatoon 3, they drop the whole 'only 2 maps/1 mode for two hours' thing

D

Deleted member

I'll try again tomorrow.

You're pretty cool, Toaster, and I personally believe everyone deserves respect. No need to apologize for anything. :)

Ironically, Splat2 should perform worse since it has to connect to all 8 consoles instead of a central hub, where as for Smash, the max is 4 consoles, but most of the time, it's just two. P2P is what Smash should use, and not Splat2, and yet, Splat2 is the better online experience.
That's what weirds me out about Smash's online so much. Splatoon should, in theory, be worse, yet it somehow manages to be up there with Mario Kart for one of Nintendo's best online experiences (for them, not what's industry standard).

D

Deleted member

I'll try again tomorrow.

Nah, you’re awesome dude!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think I'm about done with arenas. GGs everybody, I had a bit of fun. Especially since I was the first to break a win streak.

Even if Squirtle might have SD'd twice including the last stock, but a Win is a Win

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I only spammed Pk fire because you kept getting hit you should learn how to counter play it:)

Asking others to change their method of play because you're having a hard time countering it is counterproductive to improving.

D

Deleted member

Does blocking people ban them from coming to arenas you make in the Switch?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I started opening and arena and got this message.

"If you're experiencing connection errors during arena battles or when spectating, try decreasing the Max Players allowed.

Using a wired Internet connection will also help increase network stability."

Has this message always existed or did Nintendo just put it out because Arenas are just wonky today?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Asking others to change their method of play because you're having a hard time countering it is counterproductive to improving.
True, but still very unfun. I’d prefer to learn how to counter it in matches where it isn’t being spammed. I can try jumping over it, but then he jumps and PK fires me, etc. Piranha Plant just doesn’t have many good options when to comes to avoiding PK fire.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I started opening and arena and got this message.

"If you're experiencing connection errors during arena battles or when spectating, try decreasing the Max Players allowed.

Using a wired Internet connection will also help increase network stability."

Has this message always existed or did Nintendo put it out because Arenas are just wonky today?
It's always been there. I tried limiting my arenas to 6 people instead of the full 8, but I'm not sure if it helped.

D

Deleted member

True, but still very unfun. I’d prefer to learn how to counter it in matches where it isn’t being spammed. I can try jumping over it, but then he jumps and PK fires me, etc. Piranha Plant just doesn’t have many good options when to comes to avoiding PK fire.
This is what Secondarys are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom