• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'd say it depends on how made up your mind is about things, and why. If you're dead set on not having a family, then you've already made your decision. But if you think that you could still be open to that possibility, then it's worth reflecting and reassessing your decision, and determining whether it's the only lifestyle that will make you happy, or if having a family could also bring you happiness.

But as someone who has had a close friend who got who I was more than anyone else, and later entered into a relationship with, also across the country... Be careful. Online, you only ever see a fraction of the whole person, in terms of what's presented to you. Because of that, things seem more ideal than they actually are, because the interactions are generally all normal and focusing on what you have in common. In person, however, is when you see all of someone's behavior, including the parts you can't observe online, as well as some of the differences that aren't always immediately apparent. Not that people intentionally hide those things online, but it's just the nature of communication and socialization, where certain things are evident only in person, and can make a big difference.

Mind you, my scenario was different on a few fundamental levels. We were teenagers, not full-grown adults. And we never ended up meeting each other, though it was discussed often. But before we were in a relationship, everything seemed perfect between us. Afterwards, she seemed to lament certain aspects of our relationship, and then asked for a break, before I found out on my own a lot about how she was in real life, and how it told a different story than just my interactions with her. We drifted apart for a while, before reconnecting a couple years later, with her seemingly very intent on being with me again and even wanting to meet in person, but after a few complications with that plan arose and it became clear it wouldn't happen soon, she quickly disappeared again. In the end, the things we did have in common were things he chose to abandon later in life to fit in with other crowds. She was never the person I thought she was, despite all appearances indicating that she and I had a deep and understanding connection at one point. Instead, she was really only interested in me for the attention and emotional comfort, and when I couldn't provide for her in the ways she wanted, she dropped me. If I'd known her in person, those issues probably would've been made more manifest, to the both of us.

Seeing as you apparently knew this person physically at some point in the past, and will be meeting them for a while in the near future, the situation is different. So you should have more familiarity with this individual than someone you've only ever interacted with online.

So if you do meet with this person and find a sense of happiness and fulfillment with them, then maybe open your mind to the possibilities that may follow. But be cautious that they're connecting with you for the right reasons. Make sure she's not intentionally or unintentionally manipulating you to fulfill her own wants and desires, and that she's interested in you as a person, rather than what you can provide to her. Obviously don't be paranoid about it, but just make observations about that to ensure that things are on the up and up.
I'm aware of the issues with long distance things. This isn't actually my first time rekindling something with an old flame back in Ohio. The last time it happened, when she came out to visit for a week it just... didn't work. Like at all. She's happily married now, though. I have a lot of regrets involving her, but good for her.

My worries in this scenario entirely involve self-doubt and my penchant for only seeing negative outcomes. Every relationship I've had has failed due to my own inadequacies. This woman for whatever reason has persisted in trying to know me despite those inadequacies, on and off for twelve years. I just can't tell if that's a sign of something good or a sign of something desperate. And I already know what my in-person friends and family would say (a rehearsed chorus of "GO! TAKE A RISK!" because they all want to see me married for some ****ing reason) so I guess I'm looking for other perspectives. Thank you for yours.

I don't know why I need a second person to 'make me whole'. I don't like it.

D

Deleted member

I think I was the one causing the lag, because Moydow's arena is working just fine.

Pakky

Smash Hero
1551736117906.png

The best member of the DK crew

I hope its gets into smash.

We'll see what the anime says...

(Oh wait that doesn't matter, yeah right... :ultcharizard::ultjigglypuff::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultmewtwo::ultpichu:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey is Kurogane Hammer down for anyone else or is it just my ****ty net

D

Deleted member

Waluigi's demand got noticed by Nintendo. I don't think calling him the "new Ridley" is a stretch.

Definitely not the same as comparing K. Rool and Isaac.
True, but any big reaction will most likely get noticed by them. What I feel is that Ridley's got that deep history that Waluigi still has to earn, and it only feels like as of last year during E3 that the push really began to throng forward.

I'm not saying the support for Waluigi doesn't exist or isn't big, far from it. I do see where some parallels can be made, but the push and history of trying to get Ridley has more impact, IMO.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
True, but any big reaction will most likely get noticed by them. What I feel is that Ridley's got that deep history that Waluigi still has to earn, and it only feels like as of last year during E3 that the push really began to throng forward.

I'm not saying the support for Waluigi doesn't exist or isn't big, far from it. I do see where some parallels can be made, but the push and history of trying to get Ridley has more impact, IMO.
Oh I actually agree. When it was brought up earlier, I mentioned that no one is "the next Ridley" just yet because of how many years Ridley was snubbed. I just said he was the next closest. :p

Pakky

Smash Hero
So think about this getting a 5th gen remake before a 4th gen remake.

Dark Grey & Light Grey

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looking up the definition of “close call” links to a video of that match.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The biggest difference between Waluigi and Ridley can be found right here on Smashboards.

Look back at posts from 2013. Count how many times Ridley's size and Sakurai's comments caused a heated debate.

Now look at posts from early 2018. Count how many times Waluigi casued a debate. Jump ahead to November 1st after PP's reveal and count how many times a user said Waluigi will never get in Smash.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You were an admin?
Not here. AiB during the Brawl days. For about two and a half years.

I enjoyed the notoriety and feeling like I was contributing to the community but it was eventually much more of a hassle than I felt was worth it. (I do miss being able to mess with people's posts directly in the database just to mess with them though.)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay watching Moydow Moydow 's Zelda win so much makes me reeeeeeeeeally wanna get in there and Zelda it up.

D

Deleted member

I Really don't think anyone will replace Ridley's mark on the Speculation Scene he was too intimate and entangled to the Speculation Scene it's just not going to happen. Nor will there really be an effective replacement for K. Rool, I do think there will be a new Big 3 but nobody can effectively replace Ridley and K. Rool.

Now for the new big three I think it's gonna be Geno, Banjo and Isaac.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Feel nervous about going into an arena cos I don't rlly wanna show the world how craptacular I am at this game, but gotta step out my comfort zone one day (plus Quickplay can go **** itself)

Any spaces in any of the arenas here?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I Really don't think anyone will replace Ridley's mark on the Speculation Scene he was too intimate and entangled to the Speculation Scene it's just not going to happen. Nor will there really be an effective replacement for K. Rool, I do think there will be a new Big 3 but nobody can effectively replace Ridley and K. Rool.

Now for the new big three I think it's gonna be Geno, Banjo and Isaac.
The new Big 3 would probably be Dee, Shadow, and Waluigi IMO.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Her Zelda just makes me salty.
We had like five Zelda dittos and I can't remember who won more. Moydow definitely outclassed me on every other matchup but I think our Zeldas, specifically, were about even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom