• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Time for another round of "Hinata's curious and wants everyone to satisfy her curiosity". Me and some of my friends started talkin' about Pokemon types on one of my Discord servers, and now I wanna know: what's your favorite Pokemon type?

I love Ice-types.
Ghost-type because most of their designs are really cool and I like using them.
On the same note, Cofagrigus also happens to be my favorite Pokemon, right above Spiritomb and Krookodile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Time for another round of "Hinata's curious and wants everyone to satisfy her curiosity". Me and some of my friends started talkin' about Pokemon types on one of my Discord servers, and now I wanna know: what's your favorite Pokemon type?

I love Ice-types.
Always Dark-types. Steel as a close second.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I love Ice-types.
Psychic probably, I love occult stuff and they are a pretty diverse bunch. Why Psyduck isn't Psychic

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I love Ice-types.
Of course for me it'd be the DRAGONS.

mha pokemon.jpg

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I love Ice-types.
Probably Grass types. Other than in Gen 2, the grass starter is at least tied for my favorite of the gen. Decidueye and Sceptile both place in my top 5 favorite Pokemon.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

I love Ice-types.
Ghost type. Many of my favorite Pokemon are ghost.
(e.g. Haunter, Froslass, Dusknoir, Golurk, Shedinja, Aegislash, Decidueye)

KMDP

Smash Legend

I love Ice-types.
For me it's a toss up between Grass-types, Fighting-types and Dragons.

I'm not really the kind of person to only pick one specific favourite.
Of course for me it'd be the DRAGONS.

View attachment 195794
That art is really cool.

......I see you there, Scolipede, pretending to be a Dragon.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

I love Ice-types.
Ice is pretty high up for me too, but I think my favorite would be Grass type.

It was a hard choice though, I also like Electric, Ice, and Ghost types.

Steel and Flying types are pretty cool too.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That art is really cool.

That art was drawn by Kohei Horikoshi, the creator and artist of My Hero Academia.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I love Ice-types.
Fire types. Easily my favorite.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think it should be a surprise to know one that I really like dragon-types. When I don't end up with a dragon-type on my team, I usually have an Gyarados or Archeops or something instead.

Actually I like a lot of flying-types too. I had a problem in Let's Go Eevee where I had Charizard, Gyarados and Aerodactyl on my team all at once and had a huge rock and electric weakness.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I thought that Selena's mouth looked familiar.

Yes, I recognised Horikoshi's art-style via a character's mouth.
To be fair, you could do the same with Araki's mouths, Toriyama's eyes/noses, Kirby's Hands or Todd MacFarlane's Muscles. Some artists just have certain things that stick out.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For me it's a toss up between Grass-types, Fighting-types and Dragons.

I'm not really the kind of person to only pick one specific favourite.

That art is really cool.

Gotta keep those filthy Fairy types in check

I pretty much roflstomped Kalos with a Scolipede thanks to its power buff

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern

I love Ice-types.
It seems to be a toss-up between uuuuh Grass, Fire and Dragon. Most of my faves are in those typings. Flying comes in after those.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I love Ice-types.
My favorite is whatever Sobble's evolution ends up being :yoshi:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I love Ice-types.

Steel Types, followed closely by Dragons

I'll lose my **** if the Pseudolegendary of Galar is a proper Steel Armored Dragon

D

Deleted member

I love Ice-types.
Ain't seen Pokémon for quite a while but my favorite type has to be Fairy. They look so peaceful and I like their attacks. And of course, fairies remind me of angels, who are God's children. As y'all know, I am a child of God...a 57-year-old child of God, that is.

Good night...and sayonara :kirby:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I love Ice-types.
Dragon types are easily number 1 for me.

Ghost, Dark, Steel, and Fairy round out my top 5.

D

Deleted member

You wanna know a trailer that would break rules, BTFO Leakers and Reinvigorate the Speculation Scene? it would be this:

Next trailer begins with Link and Robin fighting in a very rocky area Link and Robin continue to go at each other, both on equal footing. Robin begins to slip-up and lose but there's a faint rumbling effect slowly as Link begins to finish Robin the effect gets bigger and bigger, The entire area begins to have an earthquake the Camera pans up revealing a guy lurking in the shadows

It's Isaac.

Isaac joins the Party!

Now THAT would turn a lot of heads, We thought Assists would never be playable, Leakers didn't leak this nor did they leak Joker, What does this mean? Will there be a Square rep or not? Is it Erdrick or are we overlooking Sora/Geno? We would have so many Questions but it would be so hype and so glorious.

Sadly, it's not gonna happen.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I seriously how we get

Grass/Dark or Grass/Steel

Dark with Grass has kinda sucked so far.

Grass with Steel has been pretty much defensive, not some much offensive.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I seriously how we get

Grass/Dark or Grass/Steel

Dark with Grass has kinda sucked so far.

Grass with Steel has been pretty much defensive, not some much offensive.
Steel in general is pretty defensively geared.

Practically the only offensive Steel type I know is Scizor, and that's only because of bullet punch.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Practically the only offensive Steel type I know is Scizor, and that's only because of bullet punch.
Grass is also a generally Defensive type, though the fact that it has a lot of weaknesses kind of hampers it.

The only offensive Steel types I can think of are Lucario and Scizor, and Lucario barely relies on it's Steel typing as is.

Looking at a complete list of Steel types, there's also Mawile, the Beldum line, Cobalion and Kartana.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I love Ice-types.
Steel types, I think. Dark is a close runner up.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Some other offensive steel types include

Alolan Dugtrio
Excadrill (Sand Rush)
Klingclank (Shift Gear)
Bisharp (Low speed, but has STAB Sucker Punch)
Durant
Genesect
Silvally
and Togedemaru

Solgaleo's 97 base speed also isn't too shabby either.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Some other offensive steel types include

Alolan Dugtrio
Excadrill (Sand Rush)
Klingclank (Shift Gear)
Bisharp (Low speed, but has STAB Sucker Punch)
Durant
Genesect
Silvally
and Togedemaru

Solgaleo's 97 base speed also isn't too shabby either.
I can't believe I forgot Excadrill, one of the quintessential Offensive Steel types since it's inception.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Well now there's a few with the application to be offensive thanks to Fairy

Mawile, Metagross. Coballion, Bisharp, Empeleon, Magezone

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hm, I wonder how Silvally is doing in competitive mons these days. Definitely not viable in OU from what I remember but I'm sure his stat spread makes him a good bulky sweeper in NU or something. I'm gonna go see what his page on Smogon has to say.

He's outclassed even in PU? How does a Pokemon man-crafted for sake of fighting Ultra Beasts of all things end up sucking that badly? My poor boy is a walking gimmick, and not even that good of a gimmick at that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hm, I wonder how Silvally is doing in competitive mons these days. Definitely not viable in OU from what I remember but I'm sure his stat spread makes him a good bulky sweeper in NU or something. I'm gonna go see what his page on Smogon has to say.

He's outclassed even in PU? How does a Pokemon man-crafted for sake of fighting Ultra Beasts of all things end up sucking that badly? My poor boy is a walking gimmick, and not even that good of a gimmick at that.
Because evidently, TPC still don't understand that having <100 in literally every single stat you have and nothing to make up for it on top of an ability that only becomes useful with a specific item is completely worthless.

I seriously hope he gets a new evolution in the future, but honestly that's not happening.

KMDP

Smash Legend

You can probably chalk it up to having 95 in all stats...
Because evidently, TPC still don't understand that having <100 in literally every single stat you have and nothing to make up for it on top of an ability that only becomes useful with a specific item is completely worthless.

I seriously hope he gets a new evolution in the future, but honestly that's not happening.
...What he said.

Silvally is basically a "Jack-of-all-trades, Master of None" deal, it's simply outclassed by any Pokémon that fits a specific niche.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You can probably chalk it up to having 95 in all stats...

...What he said.

Silvally is basically a "Jack-of-all-trades, Master of None" deal, it's simply outclassed by any Pokémon that fits a specific niche.
And then you've got mons like Landorus which are jacks of nothing-master of everything, screw you, I'm gonna be the cornerstone of competitive battling forEVER.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I would have thought that 95 was considered good for NU, but I guess not. I was always kind of an OU junkie so I never knew much about lower metas.

They should have tied Silvally's type to Z-crystals. Those things are the gimmick of Gen 7, and Arceus got to use them to change its type. They also should have given Silvally legendary-tier stats. He was meant to fight Ultra Beasts, it's silly that he's statistically inferior. Mewtwo was man-made and gets to be legendary, they should at least have let Silvally be a pseudo-legendary.

...Ah I shouldn't care anyway, I'm retired from competitive Pokemon. It just sucks that they restricted such a cool pokemon to post-game, but then didn't give it post-game worthy abilities.

KMDP

Smash Legend
And then you've got mons like Landorus which are jacks of nothing-master of everything, screw you, I'm gonna be the cornerstone of competitive battling forEVER.
What would be the most "Screw you, I wanna win" Pokémon team possible?

I assume it would contain Landorus and Mega Rayquaza, along with either Mega Mewtwo Y or Mega Kangaskhan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom