• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What would be the most "Screw you, I wanna win" Pokémon team possible?

I assume it would contain Landorus and Mega Rayquaza, along with either Mega Mewtwo Y or Mega Kangaskhan.
You can only have one active Mega per team.

Anyway I'd say Primal Groudon, Mega Rayquaza, Power Herb Xerneas, Ultra Necrozma, Power Construct Zygarde, and whatever Arceus build is cool right now.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You know what.

I'm gonna play gen 5. See what all this hype is about.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I would have thought that 95 was considered good for NU, but I guess not. I was always kind of an OU junkie so I never knew much about lower metas.

They should have tied Silvally's type to Z-crystals. Those things are the gimmick of Gen 7, and Arceus got to use them to change its type. They also should have given Silvally legendary-tier stats. He was meant to fight Ultra Beasts, it's silly that he's statistically inferior. Mewtwo was man-made and gets to be legendary, they should at least have let Silvally be a pseudo-legendary.

...Ah I shouldn't care anyway, I'm retired from competitive Pokemon. It just sucks that they restricted such a cool pokemon to post-game, but then didn't give it post-game worthy abilities.
What I would have done is allow Silvally to use Z-Crystals to change it's type like Arceus, but if you choose to use the Discs, it raises all of it's (Non-HP) stats significantly (like, 130+ significantly).

Basically, you can choose to have a single super-strong attack, or make Silvally powerful overall; depending on what role you want Silvally to play in your team.
You can only have one active Mega per team.

Anyway I'd say Primal Groudon, Mega Rayquaza, Power Herb Xerneas, Ultra Necrozma, Power Construct Zygarde, and whatever Arceus build is cool right now.
I thought Mega Rayquaza didn't use up your Mega limit, just like Primal Groudon and Kyogre do. Eh.

That team would make for an... interesting Bonus Boss. :laugh:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What I would have done is allow Silvally to use Z-Crystals to change it's type like Arceus, but if you choose to use the Discs, it raises all of it's (Non-HP) stats significantly (like, 130+ significantly).

Basically, you can choose to have a single super-strong attack, or make Silvally powerful overall; depending on what role you want Silvally to play in your team.

I thought Mega Rayquaza didn't use up your Mega limit, just like Primal Groudon and Kyogre do. Eh.

That team would make for an... interesting Bonus Boss. :laugh:
Oh just you wait until we get mega-arceus.
You haven't seen power-creep until you see what they can do with that monster.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nah, Mega Rayquaza's broken system cheat is that it doesn't need a Mega Stone, it just needs to know the move Dragon Ascent.
130 in each stat would be +215 +175 to it's BST. Mega Evolution gives +100 BST. That would literally be stronger then Mega Evolution. Not that I'd be complaining.

Ooh you know what would be neat? If it gave Silvally different stat boosts based on the disk. Maybe steel could give a boost to attack and defense, or dragon could boost both attack and special attack.

Edit: Fixed some math.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh just you wait until we get mega-arceus.
You haven't seen power-creep until you see what they can do with that monster.
You know they'll do it super boring and just give him +20 in every stat...

But like Mega Rayquaza he won't need a Mega Stone, letting you go crazy.
Nah, Mega Rayquaza's broken system cheat is that it doesn't need a Mega Stone, it just needs to know the move Dragon Ascent.

130 in each stat would be +215 to it's BST. Mega Evolution gives +100 BST. That would literally be stronger then Mega Evolution. Not that I'd be complaining.

Ooh you know what would be neat? If it gave Silvally different stat boosts based on the disk. Maybe steel could give a boost to attack and defense, or dragon could boost both attack and special attack.
95/130/130/130/130/130 isn't... particularly broken, especially since 95 base HP would be a big weakpoint and you're still giving up the Z-Crystal or another item (like, say, Life Orb or Leftovers). EDIT: Not to mention it's movepool isn't that great... ...and considering it's meant to be a God-Killer, it makes sense for it to be super strong.

Now... +130 in every stat. Now we're talking.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh when I checked Smogon earlier I forgot that different forms get tiered differently. Turns out Silvally-Steel actually NU and makes for a decent defogger in lower tiers.

So uh, it has that going for it at least. The rest of its forms are all still PU-tier.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So in my headcannon, the sunny&-day trick-Room mega-camerupt doubles setup is still the best thing ever

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Time for another round of "Hinata's curious and wants everyone to satisfy her curiosity". Me and some of my friends started talkin' about Pokemon types on one of my Discord servers, and now I wanna know: what's your favorite Pokemon type?

I love Ice-types.
Grass, Dark, Ghost.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Grass, Dark, Ghost.
Bulbapedia said:
Dark type (Japanese: あくタイプ Evil type)
Hmmmmmmmm

So in my headcannon, the sunny&-day trick-Room mega-camerupt doubles setup is still the best thing ever
This is why I'd always have a pokemon with Trick Room on my doubles or rotation teams back in the day, so I could reverse nonsense like that.

Rotation Battles were hecka underrated by the way. Here's to hoping Sword/Shield is able to bring them back. That might be what it takes to actually get me back into competitive 'mons.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Time for another round of "Hinata's curious and wants everyone to satisfy her curiosity". Me and some of my friends started talkin' about Pokemon types on one of my Discord servers, and now I wanna know: what's your favorite Pokemon type?

I love Ice-types.
bug types represent

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

I love Ice-types.
This is a tricky question, because for me, it'd probably be Bug. Butterfree, Beedrill, Scizor, Shedinja, Vespiquen, Volcarona, Genesect, Vikavolt, Ribombee, Golisopod... it seems that in every generation, there's one or two Bug Pokemon that I really like.

Problem is, Bug type sucks. And is designed to suck. Because that's balanced. So I don't actually use Bug Pokemon very much.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
bug types represent
You would be a bug type.

This is a tricky question, because for me, it'd probably be Bug. Butterfree, Beedrill, Scizor, Shedinja, Vespiquen, Volcarona, Genesect, Vikavolt, Ribombee, Golisopod... it seems that in every generation, there's one or two Bug Pokemon that I really like.

Problem is, Bug type sucks. And is designed to suck. Because that's balanced. So I don't actually use Bug Pokemon very much.
You I find surprising.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Hmmmmmmmm

This is why I'd always have a pokemon with Trick Room on my doubles or rotation teams back in the day, so I could reverse nonsense like that.

Rotation Battles were hecka underrated by the way. Here's to hoping Sword/Shield is able to bring them back. That might be what it takes to actually get me back into competitive 'mons.
Are you calling my stronk boi Nonsensical?

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Grass types are my favourites.

I'm an IRL botanist so this isn't terribly surprising.

D

Deleted member

I love the feeling of making a game and spending hours on it then everything gets deleted.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A bit random but...

I’ve lived in Japan for almost a decade but I’ve studied and loved the culture much longer than that. But I’m still not a big fan of J-pop. At most, I’m a fan of Utada Hikaru and Capsule.

But I do have three current songs that I really like:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

I love Ice-types.
This is a REALLY tough question.

If I Just list the typings of all the Pokémon I love exceptionally, Ground (Sandshrew, Camerupt, Landorus, Claydol, Gliscor) and Water (Sobble, Palkia, Golisopod, Corphish, Gorebyss) tie, with Psychic (Beheeyem, Claydol, Gallade) and Electric (Electrivire, Galvantula, Xurkitree) following closely behind.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
A bit random but...

I’ve lived in Japan for almost a decade but I’ve studied and loved the culture much longer than that. But I’m still not a big fan of J-pop. At most, I’m a fan of Utada Hikaru and Capsule.

But I do have three current songs that I really like:

Seems Japan just likes J-Pop alot. Not sure why.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I was calling trick room set ups nonsensical but like, he is a fluffy orange camel with a volcano protruding from his back.
You're talking as if that's not the best thing.
Camels are majestic as **** and I'll irl fight anyone who says otherwise

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was bit by a camel once on my foot and it swelled up cause of an infection...

It was a camel toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom