• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's probably stupid to think this but I am so Pessimistic towards the DLC and I just have a feeling that the DLC will not be for me. I can see how it's dumb to be Pessimistic when the only thing we know about it is that Joker will be in but the Insiders got me down and I'm trying to temper my expectations as I don't want to be BTFO'd again.
If Nintendo follows the Joker trend and has characters that have gotten big followings within the last, say, 3-5 years, (and Erdrick) then I'm pretty sure I can kiss my hopes and dreams away because practically all the characters I want haven't exactly been in vogue.

Still gonna buy em though because I got friends over who might like the characters and I need to learn their strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
You're joking right? As a connoisseur of Peter Parker Spider-Man and not Miles Morales, I had no idea who this version of the Prowler was. Until I looked up who Donald Glover was playing in Homecoming...

Edit: Spider-verse is undoubtedly the better movie but you can't just blame one movie for something and ignore when another one does it. That's voluntary ignorance and that's not a good thing.
Different angle:
In Both Movies, the audience knew way before the characters, so for us it wasn't really a twist.
Spiderverse did it better, building up a meaningfull relationship between Miles and the Prowler and actually using it for character developement.
In Incredibles 2, it's like "Oh, you were evil? Guess I'll punch you!"

Anyway I wasn't the one who critisised Incredibles 2 for it and I won't defend Spiderverse for it.

I only jumped into this conversation to make a "Haha you went to a Superhero movie without reading the comics **** you" ****post.

Overall they had pretty similar plots, Spiderverse Just executed most of it better.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm convinced that the DLC is full of "Big Hit" characters who are from huge franchises that are currently unrepresented within Smash like Dragon Quest, Minecraft, Etc. so I'm saving my money as I really don't like the characters who would rep them (Steve & Erdrick).

I can respect them and admit that they deserve to be in but I'd rather save my money, though I do feel a slight urge to buy them only to support the DLC and maybe get a Season 2, That way if Sakurai chooses the characters maybe my characters will get in.

Idk I'd just save my money and hope for the best.
That's kinda baseless, considering Joker is pretty far from being a "big hit" character.

Also I doubt there will be a second pass but you can still get the first one for interesting movesets.

D

Deleted member

The only two reasons I MIGHT buy the DLC at this point is 1) in hopes that it has an effect for making a Season 2 happen, if only slightly and 2) Cause I need to learn the DLC match-up and stuff if I ever want to stand a chance against People Online and in Tournaments. Otherwise I am absolutely not buying the DLC.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So Just a passing-by thought:
If the smash ballot was created to measure what characters were fan-demamanded and most newcommers in Ultimate were from the ballot, there is no reason for a second ballot untill at least the next smash game.
Lower chances of a second ballot also mean lower chances of a second pass imo

D

Deleted member

That's kinda baseless, considering Joker is pretty far from being a "big hit" character.

Also I doubt there will be a second pass but you can still get the first one for interesting movesets.
the thing with that is if you want to look at Joker being a Persona rep or a SMT/Persona rep, I personally look at him as the latter and SMT is a decently big franchise as it's often considered to be right up there with FF & DQ for being the big three RPG franchises.

Persona is a spinoff of SMT to begin with and Sakurai wouldn't consider Luigi's Mansion a separate franchise from Mario so I don't think he'd do the same for SMT & Persona. That's how I look at this so sure I can see where you're coming from I have to disagree.

As for the latter half of your response, yeah I could do that and I still might but I put more focus on who the character's are rather than what the Character brings that's why I was admittedly upset with Piranha Plant at first so while he is completely Unique they could've gone with a better Mario Character/Better Character in General.

Still holding out hope for a Season 2 though, while it's unlikely I would still love to see one and wish to see one.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
So Just a passing-by thought:
If the smash ballot was created to measure what characters were fan-demamanded and most newcommers in Ultimate were from the ballot, there is no reason for a second ballot untill at least the next smash game.
Lower chances of a second ballot also mean lower chances of a second pass imo
Why does Smash ballot being a ballot for both Smash 4 and Ultimate mean there is less chance for another ballot? If Nintendo wants another ballot, they make it. Maybe one of five DLC is reseverd for a ballot pick, who know.

And lower chances of a second ballot doesn't really mean lower chances of second pass, it is more the other way around. Lower chances for second pass, lower chances for a ballot.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You do know that if Extra Terrestrials came down to Earth they would enslave us all and there would be nothing we could do about it. Sure it would be nice if there were nice Extra Terrestrials out there that would come down to Earth and help Humanity progress and share their knowledge with us but that's not happening bro, if They came down they would Enslave us.
What would a hyper-intelligent space-traveling race that probably already has robot servants or something need dumb little primate slaves for?

D

Deleted member

What would a hyper-intelligent space-traveling race that probably already has robot servants or something need dumb little primate slaves for?
Foot stools and ruining their ecosystem.

I made a sketch of my new special boi

Activating headcanon

It’s looking great! You’ve managed to pull of Yoshi’s happy mood despite his mouth not being shown, too.
Keep it up!

Accidental double post - would it be possible to merge the two, please? :)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Aliens visit Earth
>All is chill until someone dabs
>The aliens see that as a declaration of war

World becomes an IRL version of Fortnite

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
the thing with that is if you want to look at Joker being a Persona rep or a SMT/Persona rep, I personally look at him as the latter and SMT is a decently big franchise as it's often considered to be right up there with FF & DQ for being the big three RPG franchises.
If we only get content related to P5, then I wouldn't classify Joker as a SMT character. But even if we did, the series hasn't been THAT big of a success, or at least not when you compare it's sales overseas to other third-party franchises in Smash. It's more likely that people learn about Joker because of Smash than his own franchise.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Joker was VERY much a Sakurai pick. Like, I don't feel like the other ones will be devoid of Sakurai's influence but this one was very much so a pick from Sakurai's heart. Even if he does say Nintendo picked the DLC, I think he picked this one. I really do.

D

Deleted member

If we only get content related to P5, then I wouldn't classify Joker as a SMT character. But even if we did, the series hasn't been THAT big of a success, or at least not when you compare it's sales overseas to other third-party franchises in Smash. It's more likely that people learn about Joker because of Smash than his own franchise.
Y'know I'm not actually very invested in this whole Argument so I'm just gonna admit defeat now. I guess Joker kind of kills the Argument of the DLC's being Big Names. Either way though I still have a bad feeling about this DLC.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so we have an alien species invading our planet, but what do they look like, and what do they do with us?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Different angle:
In Both Movies, the audience knew way before the characters, so for us it wasn't really a twist.
Spiderverse did it better, building up a meaningfull relationship between Miles and the Prowler and actually using it for character developement.
In Incredibles 2, it's like "Oh, you were evil? Guess I'll punch you!"

Anyway I wasn't the one who critisised Incredibles 2 for it and I won't defend Spiderverse for it.

I only jumped into this conversation to make a "Haha you went to a Superhero movie without reading the comics **** you" ****post.

Overall they had pretty similar plots, Spiderverse Just executed most of it better.
Oh no, I wasn't trying to shift my point towards you or anything. More so just saying that, yeah, I had no idea who the Prowler was until recently. However, I will say, dude, I wish I had the time to read the comics before I jumped into the movie. I read Spider-Man Noir long ago and some of Spider-Gwen but Peni Parker and Spider-Ham were awesome wake up calls. Like I knew there was a Pig Spiderman but Peni Parker was a shock to me.

The thing is Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester was criticizing Disney for solely the twist villains. Like, that's their one big flaw but even the one great movie everyone is praising that's NOT from Disney did it. Even then, movies like Moana, Wreck-it Ralph, and Zootopia did it really well, and hell Inside Out doesn't even have a real villain.

I'm just saying that there ARE places Disney can be criticized, I too feel like Toy Story 4 is redundant, but you can't just throw out "Incredibles 2 sucked because of the twist villain, Spider-verse was way better." when really the reason Incredibles 2 sucked was also present in Spider-verse.

Of course, none of this is really directed at you, as you said, you weren't the one who brought it up in the first place. This is more of a general jab at the "Hate Disney for the sake of hating Disney" attitude that's been flying around recently.

Edit: I forgot to say that, yeah, Spider-verse did it better than Incredibles 2 but I don't think it did it as well as Moana. Moana is an actually stunning movie that I don't hear enough people talk about. So, it really flies both ways.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
If aliens did visit Earth, they wouldn’t necessarily all have the same agenda for Earth; unless they are an actual hive mind, there would likely be separate groups of aliens of the same species with different ideas for what to do with Earth. Even if it turns out that they all want to colonize, they might have different views toward us, and they might end up competing among themselves, much like when different European powers colonized America, for a historical equivalent.

Side note, if they are friendly, I have a feeling that enough humans would consider them to be sub-human that things would turn sour, or, at the very least, they’d decide that we suck and then they’d tell us that we’re on our own. If humans as a species historically can’t treat each other with respect, how would we bring ourselves to treat an entirely separate species with respect?

Another side note, if they want to learn about us, they wouldn’t need to visit at all, they could just send a probe to hack into our internet so that they can join us in our chat rooms from a location elsewhere in our solar system (or further away if they have the ability to send communications faster than light.) Of course... yeah, it’s the Internet.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Okay, so we have an alien species invading our planet, but what do they look like, and what do they do with us?
What if they've already invaded and been among us for years? What if it's a seemingly normal species of animal, but we've yet to realise it? What if a user, right here in this thread, is an alien?

Or what if they're just chill and wanna go ayyy lmaaooo

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Incredibles 2 was alright, there was a lot about the movie that I liked, though I can’t help but feel a bit let down because of how high my hopes were, especially since the original is also another one of my favorite movies.

However if what’s presented in these videos was the version of the movie we got instead, I think I’d safely say the sequel would be on par with the original:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
What if they've already invaded and been among us for years? What if it's a seemingly normal species of animal, but we've yet to realise it? What if a user, right here in this thread, is an alien?

Or what if they're just chill and wanna go ayyy lmaaooo
This is just the plot of Secret Invasion.

I had something really good to say, and now it’s gone.
Do you remember it now?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You say that..but he's hinted that Banjo-Kazooie were almost in Melee if I recall correctly and often still uses fan favorite characters.
He didn't hint about that at all with B&K. What he did way outright say that they weren't remotely possible despite seeming like "obvious additions", due to licensing being an issue. Same exact reasoning why James Bond was impossible. They at best were considered, but quickly dismissed.

That said, it does mean he found them reasonably notable at that time. So that's still a plus in their favor.

It's a few pages late, but still wanted to point out this misconception.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Joker was VERY much a Sakurai pick. Like, I don't feel like the other ones will be devoid of Sakurai's influence but this one was very much so a pick from Sakurai's heart. Even if he does say Nintendo picked the DLC, I think he picked this one. I really do.
Broke: Sakurai picked characters he wanted.

Woke: Nintendo picked characters they knew Sakurai wanted.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Does this seem like a realistic release schedule?

September: Animal Crossing
October: Luigi's Mansion 3
November: Pokemon Sword & Shield
December: Links Awakening

Of course there's nothing stopping them from releasing two major titles in a month

D

Deleted member

Of course there's nothing stopping them from releasing two major titles in a month
Pokèmon Protec and Atac will take the December spotlight this year; they’re mainline games, and they don’t have Smash to compete with in regards to sales.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm getting the impression that him saying "nintendo selected the fighters this time" was a slightly lost-in-translation way of saying "we're not holding a ballot, we're deciding these in-house" rather than, say, nintendo itself directly exercising influence over sakurai's team as an outside party - it was made in response to the influx of fan requests for another ballot after the reveal of the fighter's pass more than anything else

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp my sister is finally moving to California today. That date came really fast.

I'm still trying to get a job transfer so I can move with her but I don't know how much longer that's going to take. I'm not super nervous about it but for some reason I still can't sleep. I guess I'm just eager to move as well.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Ima say
August: Links Awakening
October: Luigi's Mansion
November: Pokémon
December: Animal Crossing

Pokèmon Protec and Atac.
I Will be constantly referring to them like this now and Noone Will stop me!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh crap, that self-harm promoting stuff is back up on social media and targeting young kids..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom