• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What if they help the world though?
What if they are better at solving world peace than us humans are?
Technically they can, but chances are that they'll accidentally discover 4chan and decide to mercy-kill us by nuking the whole planet.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If a movie like Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Infinity War was set in 2009, I guarantee you those movies would have earned more than Avatar.
The Dark Knight was in 2008 though.

Avatar benefited from being a first-time experience of legitimately good 3D right as the concept of 3DTVs was being sold as the next big thing. The idea of "you HAVE to see this" extended beyond just super heroes or Star Wars aficionado. I don't know how any movie could replicate that again.

Without the legitimately good 3D in theater, it's just another CGI blockbuster movie with a recycled plot and a bunch of worn out tropes. But people went to the theater for the experience.

D

Deleted member

Technically they can, but chances are that they'll accidentally discover 4chan and decide to mercy-kill us by nuking the whole planet.
Who's to say they wouldn't have their own alien 4chan?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fair enough, but it was also a 14-year in the making sequel to a beloved Disney movie and I'm just some schmuck on the internet voicing their opinion.
Also relevant tweet;
It was so goddamn hilarious seeing Pixar panic because they might not have won that year, especially after we found out they already made stuff of the 'award winning' Wreck it Ralph 2

D

Deleted member

You do know that if Extra Terrestrials came down to Earth they would enslave us all and there would be nothing we could do about it. Sure it would be nice if there were nice Extra Terrestrials out there that would come down to Earth and help Humanity progress and share their knowledge with us but that's not happening bro, if They came down they would Enslave us.
What if the aliens wanted to learn more about us though?
What if they were nice and intelligent?
It was so goddamn hilarious seeing Pixar panic because they might not have won that year, especially after we found out they already made stuff of the 'award winning' Wreck it Ralph 2
It is annoying to see Pixar lie. I saw the tweet about the "award winning" WR2.

Disney does not want to admit they got upsetted by Spider-Verse.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
The Dark Knight was in 2008 though.

Avatar benefited from being a first-time experience of legitimately good 3D right as the concept of 3DTVs was being sold as the next big thing. The idea of "you HAVE to see this" extended beyond just super heroes or Star Wars aficionado. I don't know how any movie could replicate that again.

Without the legitimately good 3D in theater, it's just another CGI blockbuster movie with a recycled plot and a bunch of worn out tropes. But people went to the theater for the experience.
Which is funny, because James Cameron's latest produced movie, that Alita: Battle Angel film, was also saying "YOU GOTTA SEE THIS IN THEATERS, IT'S AN EXPERIENCE YOU'VE NEVER HAD," when it's just a standard action movie with nothing special about it.

Doesn't seem to be working out for them.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I'm poking fun at Shiny but if I say that it becomes mean.
Oh so I see how it is. :V

To scare you all even more about being old, Mario 64 will almost be around for 23 years.

D

Deleted member

What if the aliens wanted to learn more about us though?
What if they were nice and intelligent?

It is annoying to see Pixar lie. I saw the tweet about the "award winning" WR2.

Disney does not want to admit they got upsetted by Spider-Verse.
if they wanted to learn more about us they could just take our history books while they enslave us, it's not like they need us in order to learn our history. And all these what if's but no What Is, It is more likely that they would come down here and enslave us rather than coming down here to be our friend and help us out.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tis too bad Pixar once again recycles and regurgitates the overused Twist Villain trope again in Incredibles 2. As if we haven't SEEN that before.

Like can Disney and Pixar do anything new rather then keep repeating the same thing again in their movies?

Last edited:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Everyone thinking that Aliens would enslave us or help us and im here betting they would just stick a flag somewhere and just leave.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Listen at the point you master interstellar space travel, what the **** do you need slaves for? And especially human organic slaves?

D

Deleted member

Listen at the point you master interstellar space travel, what the **** do you need slaves for? And especially human organic slaves?
You ever play a Battle Royale game?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Everyone thinking that Aliens would enslave us or help us and im here betting they would just stick a flag somewhere and just leave.
"Any lifeform advanced enough to reach us is more intelligent then us, and therefor not violent."~ Mars Attacks

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Which is funny, because James Cameron's latest produced movie, that Alita: Battle Angel film, was also saying "YOU GOTTA SEE THIS IN THEATERS, IT'S AN EXPERIENCE YOU'VE NEVER HAD," when it's just a standard action movie with nothing special about it.

Doesn't seem to be working out for them.
Are the box office numbers not good? I've wanted to see it.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Tis too bad Pixar once again recycles and regurgitates the overused Twist Villain trope again in Incredibles 2. As if we haven't SEEN that before.

Like can Disney and Pixar do anything new rather then keep repeating the same thing again in their movies?
As if the twist villain is the most important part of the movie? I get your disappointment in that but hey Spider-verse technically did it too.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I just realized something.

Sword & Sheild are emphasizing metal objects and, allegedly, "armored evolutions".

...what're the chances this game's new Eeveelution is Steeleon?

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
So I just realized something.

Sword & Sheild are emphasizing metal objects and, allegedly, "armored evolutions".

...what're the chances this game's new Eeveelution is Steeleon?
We could even get version variants! Swordon and Shieldon! Wait...

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You're saying you'd turn down 7 billion free workers and a new planet full of resources to scavenge?

We mastered travel over water and the first thing we did with it was ravage someone else's land on the other side of the ocean and take their stuff.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh so I see how it is. :V

To scare you all even more about being old, Mario 64 will almost be around for 23 years.
Listen, if you really wanted to scare me, all you'd have to do is remind me that I had a boyfriend, job, car, cellphone and eating disorder while you were still in diapers. :p

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not really because people generally know who the ****ing Prowler is
You're joking right? As a connoisseur of Peter Parker Spider-Man and not Miles Morales, I had no idea who this version of the Prowler was. Until I looked up who Donald Glover was playing in Homecoming...

Edit: Spider-verse is undoubtedly the better movie but you can't just blame one movie for something and ignore when another one does it. That's voluntary ignorance and that's not a good thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's probably stupid to think this but I am so Pessimistic towards the DLC and I just have a feeling that the DLC will not be for me. I can see how it's dumb to be Pessimistic when the only thing we know about it is that Joker will be in but the Insiders got me down and I'm trying to temper my expectations as I don't want to be BTFO'd again.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's probably stupid to think this but I am so Pessimistic towards the DLC and I just have a feeling that the DLC will not be for me. I can see how it's dumb to be Pessimistic when the only thing we know about it is that Joker will be in but the Insiders got me down and I'm trying to temper my expectations as I don't want to be BTFO'd again.
Hey, we are two now.

Im fully convinced that Im saving all my cash and not buy any single of DLC characters as Im not gonna like them.

D

Deleted member

Hey, we are two now.

Im fully convinced that Im saving all my cash and not buy any single of DLC characters as Im not gonna like them.
I'm convinced that the DLC is full of "Big Hit" characters who are from huge franchises that are currently unrepresented within Smash like Dragon Quest, Minecraft, Etc. so I'm saving my money as I really don't like the characters who would rep them (Steve & Erdrick).

I can respect them and admit that they deserve to be in but I'd rather save my money, though I do feel a slight urge to buy them only to support the DLC and maybe get a Season 2, That way if Sakurai chooses the characters maybe my characters will get in.

Idk I'd just save my money and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom