• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I made a Spongebob moveset in a locked topic, so I'm posting it here so it won't be lost:

GROUND ATTACKS

Neutral Attack: A 3 Hit Karate Glove Combo. Holding The A Button Creates A Rapid Jab
Up Tilt: Uppercut, Similar To Mario's
F-Tilt: Spatula Stab. Decent Range, Weaker When Closer To The Opponent
Down Tilt: Sweep Kick, Once Again, Similar To Mario's

SMASH ATTACKS
F-Smash: Forward Bash With A Large Bubble Wand, Based On His Standard Attack From "Battle For Bikini Bottom"
Up Smash: Dawns The Army Helmet From The Box Art Of "Battle For Bikini Bottom" And Headbutts

D-Smash: Sweeps A Jellyfishing Net Around Himself, Covers Him Forward And Backwards.

GRABS/THROWS:

Up Throw: Gary Pops Out And Launches The Opponent Up
Back Throw: Gary Pops Out And Independently Back Throws The Opponent, Gary Performs A Move Similar to Kirby's Back Throw, But Spongebob Can Act While Gary Performs The Move
Down Throw: Gary Crushes The Opponent With His Shell
Forward Throw: Gary Lunges Forward, Launching The Opponent

SPECIALS
B: Takes out his Reef Blower and SUCCS. Identical to Dedede's but with more range and endlag
Side B: Drives Forward In The Patty Wagon, Can't Be Steered, Can Eject. Aids In Horizontal Recovery
Down B: Charges An Electric Bowling Ball, The Longer The Charge, The Bigger The Ball And The More Damage/Knockback. Charge Can Be Saved By Shielding
Up B: Plankton Appears And Lifts Spongebob Up With A Rocket Pack, Has A Hitbox. Reference To The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out Of Water.

AERIALS
Up Air: Upwards Spatula Slash, Similar To Marth's
Down Air: Dawns His Squeaky Boots And Stomps The Opponent, Meteor Smash. Similar To Ganondorf's, But Faster.
F-Air: Forwards Spatula Slash
B-Air: Backwards Kick, Similar To Mario's

Final Smash: Goofy Goober Rock. Spongebob Lunges Forward And Continuously Whacks His Opponent With His Electric Guitar, Each Hit Causes The Rock Music In The Background To Grow Higher In Pitch. The Final Hit Is Spongebob Shooting A Lightning Beam Out Of The Guitar.

ATTRIBUTES
Spongebob is a lightweight with fast running speed. He has attributes of close range and zoning fighters. His standard attacks are fairly weak, but he does have good recovery and fast Smash Attacks, with devastating specials, if used correctly.

AESTHETICS

Up Taunt: Waves At The Camera
Side Taunt: Pulls Out His Spatula With A Determined Look, And Says "I'm Ready" In A Blunt Tone
Down Taunt: Turns Into The Pirate Painting From The Intro, Who Say Numerous Phrases Depending On What Just Happened In The Battle. For Example: If The Battle Has Just Started And Nobody Has Lost A Stock, The Pirate Will Say "ARE YA READY, KIDS?"

On Screen Appearance: Placed On The Battlefield By Hans The Hand

Victory Theme: The Last Few Bars Of The Spongebob Theme

Victory Animations
1: Says "I Did It!" While Giving A Thumbs Up
2: Sits Down With Gary And Pets Him
3: Attempts To Give Plankton A High Five, Plankton Leaves Him Hanging
what the hell is this Smash Bros related post doing here

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One of them actually put out a good animated movie last year.
Well besides Spider-Man movies (Other then the Amazing 1 & 2 and Venom at least IMO). Sony doesn't have a good track record in movies based on other media.

Should for the most part stick to original movies like The Shallows, Life and Only the Brave which I all enjoyed.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
One of them actually put out a good animated movie last year.
HOLD ON, HOLD ON.

Are we saying that only Disney Animation? Because, yeah, Ralph Breaks the Internet was disappointing.

BUT if we're saying Incredibles 2 wasnt good I'mma have to kick someone in da bum.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So... Thought...

Is Black Pather just male Cat Woman?

Like in the comics he marries Storm but Storm is cooler than him...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HOLD ON, HOLD ON.

Are we saying that only Disney Animation? Because, yeah, Ralph Breaks the Internet was disappointing.

BUT if we're saying Incredibles 2 wasnt good I'mma have to kick someone in da bum.
I was being a bit hyperbolic, Incredibles 2 wasn't bad, I still enjoyed it, but I didn't come out of it thinking it was a great movie, and I really don't think it stacks up against the first that well at all. Though I'm a bit biased since the first Incredibles is one of my favorite movies ever made.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Curious question to all? What was the last movie you watched?

For me it was Alligator (1980) earlier.

Fun classic killer animal flick. That's all I can say about it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can't even laugh at this after Ghost in Shell, Hollywood ruined me.
Gotta be honest

I wish they had cast an Asian actress as Motoko, but even if the ScarJo version had just been good, I would've been happy.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind a round two at a Dragon Ball movie.

Though I've wondered would it matter if Goku wasn't Asian?

Cuz I mean he's a like a monkey spaceman in the comics.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Though I've wondered Would it matter if Goku wasn't Asian?
They already did go round 2 at a box office Dragon Ball movie.
It's called Dragon Ball Super: Broly.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
HOLD ON, HOLD ON.

I saw Incredibles 2 a few weeks ago, and it was good, but not as strong as the first one. The villain wasn't as good, and the best parts was sleep-deprived Mr. Incredible.

If it came out in, say, 2007, it would've been fine, but it wasn't quite worth the 14 year wait.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World. I was at some point suppose to return to this thread and tag the usual people so to share thoughts but I've just been too busy. But the conclusion was I very much enjoyed that movie and had alot of feels through the ending.

D

Deleted member

Though I've wondered would it matter if Goku wasn't Asian?

Cuz I mean he's a like a monkey spaceman in the comics.
You mean a live action one like Dragon Ball Evolution?
No thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
They already did go round 2 at a box office Dragon Ball movie.
It's called Dragon Ball Super: Broly.
You right and that grossed really well. Which makes sense as a lot of folks who watched it as kids have money now to go to the movies.

I hope they make more, like Janemba, or Cooler.

Shame One piece never caught on the West, and it always gets me that Naruto, for the most part, is a sham.

D

Deleted member

Platoon.
I was being a bit hyperbolic, Incredibles 2 wasn't bad, I still enjoyed it, but I didn't come out of it thinking it was a great movie, and I really don't think it stacks up against the first that well at all. Though I'm a bit biased since the first Incredibles is one of my favorite movies ever made.
The Incredibles 2 is the highest grossing animated movie I think.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well besides Spider-Man movies (Other then the Amazing 1 & 2 and Venom at least IMO). Sony doesn't have a good track record in movies based on other media.

Should for the most part stick to original movies like The Shallows, Life and Only the Brave which I all enjoyed.
Sony Animation is capable of doing amazing films when substantially more talented people are involved.

Arthur Christmas-Aardman
Hotel Transylvania-Genndy Tartakovsky
Spiderverse-Lord and Miller

Pakky

Smash Hero
You mean a live action one like Dragon Ball Evolution?
No thanks.
Would have said the same for Pokemon some years ago but look at it now.

You just need people who care and at least one guy who's read the damn books.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Also, also, I want to know something.

How the hell did Sony of all companies beat Disney to the punch with making a big budget Marvel based superhero animated movie? How did Pixar or Disney Animation not jump all over that **** in the seven years they've owned Marvel?

No, I don't really count Big Hero 6. They kind of took the name and a few ideas and made it a whole new thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would have said the same for Pokemon some years ago but look at it now.
In that regard, a live action Pokemon film would still be a monstrosity.

You just need people who care and at least one guy who's read the damn books.
With passion, a good enough budget, and an eye for actors, yes, I suppose...
Provided they don't CGI all the non-human dudes, it could work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom