• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Curious question to all? What was the last movie you watched?

For me it was Alligator (1980) earlier.

Fun classic killer animal flick. That's all I can say about it.
Oh yeah, Silence of the Lambs.
****'s ****ed but I've always been kind of into those kinds of movies since I saw the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

D

Deleted member

No movie has gotten even a half million dollars of WG ( Worldwide Gross ) to Avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh yeah, Silence of the Lambs.
****'s ****ed but I've always been kind of into those kinds of movies since I saw the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
As a movie buff. I love all kinds of movie genres especially horror like slasher films but none tops it out for me but natural horror films.

Could especially have more killer bear flicks.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really hope Pocahontas in Space gets dethroned one day.

Lion King is the only one I feel might have the potential to do so. Endgame probably won't though since Infinity War didn't.

D

Deleted member

Which sucks cause Avatar does NOT hold up.
If a movie like Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Infinity War was set in 2009, I guarantee you those movies would have earned more than Avatar.

D

Deleted member

As a movie buff. I love all kinds of movie genres especially horror like slasher films but none tops it out for me but natural horror films.

Could especially have more killer bear flicks.
Out of every horror film, I don't think any will ever beat out John Carpenter's The Thing for me. The new IT came close, but there's just something about The Thing that makes me love it to bits.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No movie has gotten even a half million dollars of WG ( Worldwide Gross ) to Avatar.
What about Titanic? That's only a few hundred million away.

If a movie like Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Infinity War was set in 2009, I guarantee you those movies would have earned more than Avatar.
If Infinity War came out in 2009 it would probably flop. Unless the MCU started in like 1997. Also a Star Wars movie came out only a few years before Avatar and didn't get anywhere close to its box office. If anything, blockbusters tend to make more now than they did then.

James Cameron is just a witch or something.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Out of every horror film, I don't think any will ever beat out John Carpenter's The Thing for me. The new IT came close, but there's just something about The Thing that makes me love it to bits.
I'd watch The Thing but a dog dies in that. Little quirk of mine unless their death is shown off-screen which Alligator had so I'm still comfortable watching. As it stands though Alligator is my favorite killer animal flick.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What about Titanic? That's only a few hundred million away.

If Infinity War came out in 2009 it would probably flop. Unless the MCU started in like 1997. Also a Star Wars movie came out only a few years before Avatar and didn't get anywhere close to its box office. If anything, blockbusters tend to make more now than they did then.

James Cameron is just a witch or something.
Dude also somehow made Terminator, T2, The Abyss, and Aliens which are all just ****in classics.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dude also somehow made Terminator, T2, The Abyss, and Aliens which are all just ****in classics.
Love Aliens, Terminator, Terminator 2 and Aliens. Also bought The Abyss so will be getting around to it.

I wish Cameron would go back to those kind of movies rather then crap like Pocahontas in Space.

D

Deleted member

I do not know why, but I wish intelligent extraterrestrial life came to Earth.
Imagine how much we would benefit. For one thing, this intelligent extraterrestrial life would be far smarter than us humans.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films
View attachment 195422
The difference is more than half of a million.

Also Titanic was made in 1997??? I thought that was made in 2006.
She meant from being dethroned. The Force Awakens was really close to doing so.
Imagine how much we would benefit. For one thing, this intelligent extraterrestrial life would be far smarter than us humans.
Well, they're obviously not far smarter, otherwise they would've found us by now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films
View attachment 195422
The difference is more than half of a million.

Also Titanic was made in 1997??? I thought that was made in 2006.
Yeah, but 500,000 seems a strange, arbitrary benchmark when the closest is like six hundred million away.

I really doubt it'd come to share Reese's Pieces. If you catch my drift.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Gone With the Wind is still technically the highest grossing movie ever when adjusted for inflation and that will likely never change.

That ****ing 4 hour ****ing long ****ing movie is the highest grossing movie...

Last edited:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
I hope we get a new Wizard Pokeyman so i can name him Memerlin, but i dunno which version to pick yet. I only ask that the new Pokemons dont have painfully low speed stats. Looking at you Alola

osby

Smash Obsessed
Even if they are smart, they can be colonialists.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Agreed, It’s my favorite horror movie and somewhere in my top 10 favorite movies in general,

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Shiny: I wish Extraterrestrials would come to earth so we could learn from them.

Everyone else: THEY'LL ENSLAVE US ALL

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but 500,000 seems a strange, arbitrary benchmark when the closest is like six hundred million away.
You never know, what if Titanic somehow earns more money? It is not perfect.
I really doubt it'd come to share Reese's Pieces. If you catch my drift.
I do not get it.
Ohhh...

This...

This made me feel old...

Ouch..

My heart.

My mind...
Correct Gif to use:
snake.gif

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You never know, what if Titanic somehow earns more money? It is not perfect.

I do not get it.

Correct Gif to Use:
View attachment 195424
You do know that if Extra Terrestrials came down to Earth they would enslave us all and there would be nothing we could do about it. Sure it would be nice if there were nice Extra Terrestrials out there that would come down to Earth and help Humanity progress and share their knowledge with us but that's not happening bro, if They came down they would Enslave us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom