• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh crap, that self-harm promoting stuff is back up on social media and targeting young kids..
The Momo challenge? So far, it's been nothing but a massive hoax. The face is just a Sculpture made for a Horror Showcase, and there hasn't been any reports of it happening.
It's just a bunch of parents getting scared over nothing.

D

Deleted member

That's kinda baseless, considering Joker is pretty far from being a "big hit" character.
What entails being a big hit? I was under the impression that people were universally gushing about Persona 5 when it launched.
Perhaps not Joker himself per say, but...

osby

Smash Obsessed
What entails being a big hit? I was under the impression that people were universally gushing about Persona 5 when it launched.
Perhaps not Joker himself per say, but...
It's a widely acclaimed game, but looking at sale numbers, it's definitely smaller than almost all current guest fighters' series.

Also considering OP was talking about Minecraft and Dragon Quest, Persona isn't quite on their level.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a widely acclaimed game, but looking at sale numbers, it's definitely smaller than almost all current guest fighters' series.

Also considering OP was talking about Minecraft and Dragon Quest, Persona isn't quite on their level.
Makes me wonder why they added him then. Could it be business relations with Atlus, or was the game particularly popular in Japan?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The Momo challenge? So far, it's been nothing but a massive hoax. The face is just a Sculpture made for a Horror Showcase, and there hasn't been any reports of it happening.
The problem is, it’s resurfaced. A bunch of people thought it’d be funny to cause a ruckus again. The face is just a Japanese sculpture, yeah, but it’s several randos who want to cause some harm.. Said challenge gains publicity, more people get into it, ridiculous kids promote it, peer pressure leads other children into doing it even if they weren’t contacted, etc..

osby

Smash Obsessed
Makes me wonder why they added him then. Could it be business relations with Atlus, or was the game particularly popular in Japan?
  1. While not with Persona, ATLUS and Nintendo go way back, Megami Tensei started on SNES.
  2. It's considered to be best JRPG of its console generation (even by Guiness World Records).
  3. Joker is recent and popular, so he's bound to create hype among audience that aren't that familiar with bigger but older characters.
  4. Sakurai is a fan of the game, so he probably jumped at the chance of adding him.
Probably a mix of all of the above. There might be business reasons, but we'll have to wait for ATLUS's next announcement for P5 for it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Stuff like that is what happens when you relax (like when you try to go to sleep or are having a shower).

I've come up with stuff myself as I've drifted off to sleep.

So wat's yer feory?
ok so
You know how the Master of Masters eye is greenish blue in that Key blade? Well Rikus eyes started out blue but they are now green

D

Deleted member

Joker is recent and popular, so he's bound to create hype among audience that aren't that familiar with bigger but older characters
I feel like a lot of people forget about this. Some people were surprised that it wasn't Geno/Banjo/whatever super requested character that's still alive but they have to remember that those guys are not particularly big hitters, at least nowadays. Back then Banjo would've been huge, but now he's actually a less then Joker-level pick with the casual audience IMO due to his age. A big part of what makes a character popular is their recency. Joker was hella recent.

D

Deleted member

I want Scorbunny to evolve into a Fire-Fairy Type with giant butterfly wings
Please let me dream

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I do not understand what is going on with that selfharm promotion thing. Can I get info on this in a news site? How does it exactly hurt you? Also I am back from school yay

D

Deleted member

There's a Momo challenge now? What, do people dress up like Momo from Avatar The Last Airbender? And what does it have to do with self-harm?

D

Deleted member

I do not understand what is going on with that selfharm promotion thing. Can I get info on this in a news site? How does it exactly hurt you? Also I am back from school yay
Eh just some hoax saying that a user with a face like this or something is trying to get your kids to commit suicide. Its fake af though, the face is just a horror sculpture. Still pretty disturbing, but I guess that means it's doing its job right!
WARNING: DISTURBING IMAGE
39071.jpeg
Maybe I just have a weak stomach because I get freaked out by a lot of movies and stuff that aren't supposed to be scary but by god

D

Deleted member

There's a Momo challenge now? What, do people dress up like Momo from Avatar The Last Airbender? And what does it have to do with self-harm?
Numerous people convincing children to commit self-harm.
Whether or not it’s a hoax is debatable - it was around mid-2018, and has resurfaced again, which is concerning.
The online persona involves a creeepy Japanese sculpture face, and ugh...
I’d post it here, but I do not need to see that thing again before I go to bed.

D

Deleted member

O_O
I don't want to talk about this Momo thing...
Can we go back to making Pokemon Puns? I've been Seaking the opportunity to share more... That's one Plusle side to them, there's so many you can make!

MainJPW

M.T.A
Eh just some hoax saying that a user with a face like this or something is trying to get your kids to commit suicide. Its fake af though, the face is just a horror sculpture. Still pretty disturbing, but I guess that means it's doing its job right!
WARNING: DISTURBING IMAGE
Maybe I just have a weak stomach because I got freaked out by a lot of movies that aren't supposed to be scary but by god
I remember that sculpture from when people were comparing it to Froppy and saying it was like a real life version of her (HARD disagree btw.)

Never heard of this “Momo” crap however. I can see why you’d be creeped out by the sculpture since it has an uncanny valley feel to it.

D

Deleted member

Numerous people convincing children to commit self-harm.
Whether or not it’s a hoax is debatable - it was around mid-2018, and has resurfaced again, which is concerning.
The online persona involves a creeepy Japanese sculpture face, and ugh...
I’d post it here, but I do not need to see that thing again before I go to bed.
These "challenges" that people come up with are so damn stupid, and is some cases life threatening like the one we're talking about. What's next, are people going to bust into a store armed to the bone like it's a robbery, and when the cops show up they'll go "Wait man! It's just the Robber Prank Challenge! Don't taze me, bro!"?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I want Scorbunny to evolve into a Fire-Fairy Type with giant butterfly wings
Please let me dream
I think it's best we don't get another feminine rabbit Pokemon, assuming what happened with Loppunny. So I don't really want it to be fairy...

My go-to Scorbunny evolution would be Fire / Steel, a rabbit knight, wielding a flaming sword...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

well it really looks like people don't want to let me ****ing dream

D

Deleted member

These "challenges" that people come up with are so damn stupid, and is some cases life threatening like the one we're talking about. What's next, are people going to bust into a store armed to the bone like it's a robbery, and when the cops show up they'll go "Wait man! It's just the Robber Prank Challenge! Don't taze me, bro!"?
The situation’s exacerbated by little kiddos hearing about it, thinking it’s cool, and trying it out or pressuring other children into doing it.
It’s awful…
There were a couple of child suicides around the time the challenge first popped up, but weren’t actually connected to it, so it’s completely possible that it is a hoax. Regardless…
I feel sorry for the children who ended up doing that. Rest In Peace.

D

Deleted member

remember that sculpture from when people were comparing it to Froppy and saying it was like a real life version of her (HARD disagree btw.)
I know, I remember it being posted on the BNHA sub back in like mid-2018, weird that its resurfacing

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Either way parents should take a look at what their kids are actually watching on youtube because there's always going to be something very unsuitable for kids, be it shock videos, naughty kids watching looking up stuff on youtube they're too young for and all those goddamn neonazis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom