• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I love Gen 5 and all, but tbh, a lot of the Unova Pokemon are rip-offs of older Pokemon

The Roggenrola line is literally just the Geodude line and Audino is just Chansey...

I understand that Black and White were supposed to be reboots of sorts, but still
I get that Gen 5 did take a lot of inspiration from Gen 1 overall, but I did appreciate how the Pokedex was entirely new in other respects, with no cross-gen evolutions or variants. Plus I'd rather have something like Gigalith (Golem inspired) to Alolan Golem (literally Golem with some aesthetic and typing changes).

Appreciate that Gen 5 did suffer from a little redundancy or Pokedex bloat. Still, even if you went harsh with the cuts, you could still have at least 100 good, worthwhile additions to the Pokedex. I think 100 overall is a good number per gen: 60ish feels a little underwhelming, even if it's becoming the norm.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Imagine 64 new pokemon

and the rest is more kanto pandering
I hope this "pandering" means more evolutions in that scenario then. Give me an extra stage or mega to Farfetch'd, Kangashkan, Golduck, Rapidash, Arcanine, Arbok, Persian, Eevee, Starmie, and Machamp and you have me.

Speaking of Eevee, I am expecting the steel type Eevee to perhaps be a thing here.

D

Deleted member

Well I’m sure they don’t care if you personally find it boring, but also I wouldn’t expect it without some other typing in addition.
I mean, a fighting Eevee I could see, but I'm sure they realize how anti-hype a normal type Eeveelution is lol

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean, a fighting Eevee I could see, but I'm sure they realize how anti-hype a normal type Eeveelution is lol
Haha I’ve wanted a bigger fluffier version of Eevee for a while tbh. I’m sure there are many people who would appreciate it as long as it’s not the only one introduced

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
When did you even follow me?
a few weeks ago I think. You were suggested to me after I followed Gwendolyn
Haha I’ve wanted a bigger fluffier version of Eevee for a while tbh. I’m sure there are many people who would appreciate it as long as it’s not the only one introduced
I don't want anything like that unless normal type can finally be super effective against something. It's such a worthless offensive typing hitting everything for neutral damage at best.

D

Deleted member

Haha I’ve wanted a bigger fluffier version of Eevee for a while tbh
Great now I'm imagining this and I want it
I'm sure if paired with something hype like a Dragon or Ghost Eevee they could put it in, yeah. Just not by itself.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Haha I’ve wanted a bigger fluffier version of Eevee for a while tbh.
If they paired it with another more hype Eeveelution that would be completely acceptable. Also I can imagine this being more white than brown if it evolved into this hypothetical normal type.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Great now I'm imagining this and I want it
I'm sure if paired with something hype like a Dragon or Ghost Eevee they could put it in, yeah. Just not by itself.
I mean... they could use it as the final Eeveeloution, after all the other types are used...

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
LGPE makes another eeveelution(s) seem v likely
Given the games are called Sword and Shield, I'm banking on a steel type, though anything could happen at this point

D

Deleted member

I mean... they could use it as the final Eeveeloution, after all the other types are used...
Ooooh this could be fun, though wouldn't they end up making new types at some point? Pokemon is gonna be a franchise 'til the heat death of the universe, after all. At some point they're bound to make new types and therefore new Eeveelutions.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
LGPE makes another eeveelution(s) seem v likely
Given the games are called Sword and Shield, I'm banking on a steel type, though anything could happen at this point
Assuming England's mythology and fairytales, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Dragon one

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ooooh this could be fun, though wouldn't they end up making new types at some point? Pokemon is gonna be a franchise 'til the heat death of the universe, after all. At some point they're bound to make new types and therefore new Eeveelutions.
Tbh, I really can't think of any possible new types, aside from maybe Sound

And I'm pretty sure Fairy was only added to nerf the then op Dragons...

I don't really expect them to introduce new types any time soon

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ooooh

What are some new types they could add down the line?

D

Deleted member

a few weeks ago I think. You were suggested to me after I followed Gwendolyn

I don't want anything like that unless normal type can finally be super effective against something. It's such a worthless offensive typing hitting everything for neutral damage at best.
I swear to god I didn't see you had followed me. I've fixed that now

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
D

Deleted member

Gun type eeveelution

Sound is one I’ve been thinking of as well. Cosmic is interesting considering there are cosmic forces that could definitely be represented in that way

I feel like it could be different enough tbh
Glitch Type
Notice Me Senpai

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Glitch Type
Notice Me Senpai
Sorry

A glitch type would certainly be interesting but I wonder if would become too meta

But then again, it could also be a pretty interesting plot point down the line considering Pokémon are essentially digitized all the time

D

Deleted member

Sorry

A glitch type would certainly be interesting but I wonder if would become too meta

But then again, it could also be a pretty interesting plot point down the line considering Pokémon are essentially digitized all the time
Glitch Type would be too self-aware and fourth wall breaking. Not gonna happen.
I was thinking it'd be a story element of some kind
also they'd reclassify Porygon-Z as Normal/Glitch type

D

Deleted member

Hey everyone remember when a bus driver killed 150 gen 1 Pokémon?
At this point the only Pokémon reps we have in smash are :ultpichu::ultlucario::ultgreninja:&:ultincineroar: meaning Pokémon has 4 reps and the trainers were from gen 1 meaning they don’t have them because they’re dead

in conclusion mario has the most reps :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha:.
And to those who say there’s too many fe characters...https://youtu.be/O0TQbRNmYus

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Glitch Type would be too self-aware and fourth wall breaking. Not gonna happen.
The only current Pokemon I feel like this could apply to, would be the Porygon line
No, no, honestly I could see it being a thing within the lore the more I think about it.

Though probably not in the standard typing way and more similar to the kind of typing that Shadow was in Colosseum

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Another type could be cool, but I'd rather they prioritise type balancing
Like Ice should resist at least one more type

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Another type could be cool, but I'd rather they prioritise type balancing
Like Ice should resist at least one more type
I think the type discussion is in the context of somewhere down the line in The Pokémon games

I’d rather they just balance what they can balance first too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom