• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean it's fine to voice your opinion but it feels like you're trying to force us to change ours.
not really
it kinda sounds like he just has an extremely dissenting opinion and people are falling for it (it being the debate) and perpetuating it

and i'm just here trying to figure out where the hell no-chin having ass Tyranitar is being done dirty in Swordshield

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
like i don't get it
I thought it was very visually appealing
it's honestly kinda hard for me to figure out what I would want past this level lol

come on game freak give us Red Dead Redemption 2 level graphics
Clearly Sword and Shield has to look like the Detective Pikachu movie to succeed.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Ooooooooor i can voice my honest opinion? Yeah coz i was totally pessimistic about breath of the wild. Oh wait it actually looked really fresh and revolutionary so no i was quite optimistic for that game
oh my gosh every single time you come on here and destroy these ******s with facts and logic I become so obscenely nervous. the cocoons in my stomach hatch into butterflies that roam freely. I love when a man is a contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, there's nothing else in this universe I can ask for

D

Deleted member

I don't give a dang diggety darn doodle how pretty it is, all I care about is if the game is fun.

Game fun? Nice. Not fun? Not nice. Simple as that.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Maybe I'm just weird, but I really don't see an issue with the graphics. They don't look bad as they are now, and while the Switch has certainly produced cleaner, more detailed games like BotW, you have to remember how much work goes into a Pokémon game.

If an HD Pokémon game with stunning, top-notch visuals AND fantastic gameplay with an intricate plot, AND tons of new content is what it takes to please you, I hope you're ready to wait more than three-four years for your next Gen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ooooooooor i can voice my honest opinion? Yeah coz i was totally pessimistic about breath of the wild. Oh wait it actually looked really fresh and revolutionary so no i was quite optimistic for that game
It is good that you like BoTW, but I highly recommend you learn how to let people have fun.

If everyone loves Sword and Shield, then no one wants to hear your pessimism. Pessimism ruins the fun for the most part.

You can dislike things, but do not act obnoxious and cause drama.

I think Sword and Shield look fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hope Qwilfish is catchable again.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't give a dang diggety darn doodle how pretty it is, all I care about is if the game is fun.

Honestly yeah I don't even know why I took part in this.

I love Majora's Mask 3D but I also want to play the N64 game, and FR/LG are good but I still like to play the GB games.

heck I think Minecraft looks great with its 16x pixels.

sometimes I discuss things without thinking too much about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I admit I am a ******. I think I am at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
"Game footage not final"
That doesn't matter, the game only has about eight more months anyways assuming they want a December release. Battle Revolution really did look much sharper. Maybe it's the lighting but I definitely expected more. I wasn't kidding when I said it didn't look much better than My Sims

like this trainer looks really smooth but in the Sword/Shield trainer they looked pretty jagged imo, and PBR was like what 2006?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I could care less how graphically advanced Sword & Shield is.

As long as it has interesting new Pokemon, functions like a standard Pokemon game, and runs on the Switch, I'm good to go.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
oh my gosh every single time you come on here and destroy these ******s with facts and logic I become so obscenely nervous. the cocoons in my stomach hatch into butterflies that roam freely. I love when a man is a contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, there's nothing else in this universe I can ask for

*insert Reggie quote here*
EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d by Noipoi Noipoi

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
If an HD Pokémon game with stunning, top-notch visuals AND fantastic gameplay with an intricate plot, AND tons of new content is what it takes to please you, I hope you're ready to wait more than three-four years for your next Gen.
Happy to wait for quality. Waited years for BOTW and Metroid prime. Can wait years for an ambitious pokemon game instead of minor changes each year. I think I've said all i had to say.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sarcasm not appreciated if i had to be honest
Weird to say since you’re sometimes sarcastic like
Keep in mind that a lot of visual things could change in development. Mario Odyssey looked like it could be a Wii U game during it's reveal, and yet the final product, it looks gorgeous.

And truthfully, Mario Odyssey wasn't pushing the boundries either, and yet, the game looks absolutely fantastic
Pauline was the only boundary they really needed to push...besides Pimping out Bowser even further than before
You go get your man, my guy...you deserve it

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Happy to wait for quality. Waited years for BOTW and Metroid prime. Can wait years for an ambitions pokemon game instead of minkr changes each year. I think I've said all i had to say.
thank you for gracing us with your presence. really hope you come back when there's another major nintendo announcement so you can come on here and troll others or simply just be contrarian for no reason whatsoever. You're jiren and this thread is yamcha. You're Superman and this thread is the human population. You're a CHAD and this thread is just TURBO VIRGINS

Thank you once again and hmu if ur free or if u ever just wanna talk lol bye :)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The overworld doesn't look perfect in every area but it looks good enough. Even then I thought Let's Go looked great so I have high hopes that it'll feel better in the game then in the early trailer.

The pokemon models though? They're definitely up to snuff. I think some of them looking weird has more to do with the fact that a lot of them were originally meant for a 2D style, so they transitioned weirdly into 3D.

D

Deleted member

All I care about is What are the Pokemon and how unique are they? Is the game fun? Is it on the Switch? if yes to all of those I'm buying it simple as that.

D

Deleted member

I actually agree that the new pokemon game could look a lot better. I expected them to use the same models, that's fine. It makes sense to reuse assets when possible, especially when you have a stupid amount of pokemon. But yeah, I think it is a pretty fair opinion to say that it just looks like the 3DS assets upscaled to the switch. Which is expected, but I was still hoping there'd be more change despite that.

View attachment 195119

Honestly this pokemon just looks dopey by design idc what anyone says

the more i look at it to try to figure out what the problem is the more I focus on it's uh... neck

(And yes, I think the Sword/Shield one looks the best)
Any of the dinosaur-like mons from gen 1-3 were pretty damn thicc tho. Kind of like Godzilla himself who's ****ing thicc. Especially the modern one.

Though on top of the Godzilla aesthetic, Tyrannitar also has the cocoon look that its prevolution had. Which contributes to plump look.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I thought the visuals of the game were above average. It's about what I expected, given that the game's only been in development for two years. It's not on the level of some other Switch exclusives, but it's got great art direction, which is what matters most.

My main concern was how choppy the footage looked. It looked like it was running at 20 FPS. Though obviously they'll have that to at least 30 by the time the game ships.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
> Loves NES and GB games (literally any graphics) and the 3DS Pokemon
> Am arguing about the quality of a Switch game
> Thought SuMo was good, even if most trainers had one Pokemon (this is all me)

someone slap me.

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Imo, Lets Go looked more like the upscaled 3DS game.
Could run that game on my iphone. It was a cashgrab though for gen 1 nolstalgia based fans so i can forgive it. A next generation main series pokemon game? They had to go all out and im dissapointed they haven't.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
is this "let's talk about Pokemon's graphics" filler episode over
can we move on to the beach episode

edit: lmao no

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Reminder that Pokemon models were absurdly high quality in the 3DS games. Its why they suffered framerate issues and probably played a large part in why SM ditched the 3D effect.

D

Deleted member

Could run that game on my iphone. It was a cashgrab though for gen 1 nolstalgia based fans so i can forgive it. A next generation main series pokemon game? They had to go all out and im dissapointed they haven't.
Let's Go was actually good, and they did go all out and made two fantastic games.
Sword and Shield.

D

Deleted member

Remember when people played video games because they were fun to play and not to sit there staring at the screen thinkin' about

WaxPython

Smash Ace
thank you for gracing us with your presence. really hope you come back when there's another major nintendo announcement so you can come on here and troll others or simply just be contrarian for no reason whatsoever. You're jiren and this thread is yamcha. You're Superman and this thread is the human population. You're a CHAD and this thread is just TURBO VIRGINS

Thank you once again and hmu if ur free or if u ever just wanna talk lol bye :)
If your objective was to make me cringe as much as humanly possible reading that you've succeeded. Sorry my opinion on a game offended you so much you had to passive aggressively insult me with thinly veiled sarcasn

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Happy to wait for quality. Waited years for BOTW and Metroid prime. Can wait years for an ambitions pokemon game instead of minor changes each year. I think I've said all i had to say.
And normally I'd wholeheartedly agree, but we're talking about graphics.

If GameFreak thought an extra year or two of touch-ups would create gameplay that's far superior to anything we've had before, I'd be completely fine with that. But delaying a game an extra year solely because you want better graphics when the current product already looks pretty freakin' good in HD? I really don't think it's worth it, especially when there's so much riding on this game continuing the momentum of the Switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom