• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
is it necessary for every game to push the boundaries of what its console could do?
cause colosseum sure as HELL ain't doing that
no man
colosseum was THE benchmark for the Gamecube for quality
it was the highest level the system could ever reach

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
is it necessary for every game to push the boundaries of what its console could do?
SuMo pushed the boundries pretty hard, and the framerate tanked hard a a result, since the game could barely handle 3 Pokemon on the screen, and Lusamine's battle was just a powerpoint presentation. It got a lot of crap for that too, so I think their more cautious about pushing the boundries this time. Granted, there are rough edges, but I'm sure they'll fix it up.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Yes this is the next generation of pokemon for the first time on a home console. Absolutely it should push the boundaries just like Zelda BOTW did.

If you look at poksmon battle revolution for a more modern take yeah it looks hands down better than pokemon sword

And again these are spinoff games with a lower budget.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SuMo pushed the boundries pretty hard, and the framerate tanked hard a a result, since the game could barely handle 3 Pokemon on the screen, and Lusamine's battle was just a powerpoint presentation. It got a lot of crap for that too, so I think their more cautious about pushing the boundries this time. Granted, there are rough edges, but I'm sure they'll fix it up.
SM was fine for me.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Quickplay at times really just seems to bring down my enjoyment of this game and tilt me greatly. Whether it be the horrible lag, horrible matchmaking, or horrible players.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Coliseum obviously is showing its age like every single game that's that old

People forget that it's a spinoff not a main series title but still managed to look good for its time.

Does anyone look at pokemon sword and think wow this looks great and is pushing the boundaries of what the switch can do.

As a main series title for me it's completely unacceptable.
Pokémon Sun and Moon (and the Ultra games) pushed the boundaries of what the 3DS could do and ended up with a ton of lag and frame drops in battles.

I'd rather have a stable experience with a consistent framerate than one that "pushes the console's limits".

The problem with "pushing boundaries" is that sometimes you end up "fixing" what isn't broken.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
yo i'm feeling like smashboards really needs a haha react

i know y'all hate the idea but just hear me out

i need to transcend the boundaries of sarcasm put fourth by this board

D

Deleted member

Wasn't that only on OG 3DS models? From what I recall the New 3DS handled it pretty well.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Were you playing on a New 3DS?
Hell, I was playing on a N3DS and still had lag at times haha

EDIT: or am I just remembering wrong since it's been 20 years since I've played SuMo

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
1551325667514.png

Honestly this pokemon just looks dopey by design idc what anyone says

the more i look at it to try to figure out what the problem is the more I focus on it's uh... neck

(And yes, I think the Sword/Shield one looks the best)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yes this is the next generation of pokemon for the first time on a home console. Absolutely it should push the boundaries just like Zelda BOTW did.

If you look at poksmon battle revolution for a more modern take yeah it looks hands down better than pokemon sword

And again these are spinoff games with a lower budget.
Actually those are still N64 models.

I'm not lying...

D

Deleted member

Nice a screenshot from when a player is CLEARLY playing on the DS.

Do you giys jsut look for the worst possible pics to try and prove a point? Because it is backfiring miserably
whoops ur right so here
hqdefault (1).jpg

you still have a homosexual opinion but slightly less

D

Deleted member

Edit: I knew that was a joke from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

IDK guys, I think SM64 is objectively better looking than SMO.

SMH Nontendoop goofin' up again.

D

Deleted member

the VIRGIN faygoshill

the CHAD WaxPython
behold, thy savior of doth trappings of modern pocket monsters....
wax python
and the evilest creature in the land, posed to continue thy pocket monsters will...
virgins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom