• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Y'all really gonna bother talking to someone that actually said the GameCube games look better than Sword & Shield?

D

Deleted member

Optimism >>>>> Pessimism

You know it is true.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It appears that the Pokemon cycle is the exact opposite of the Smash cycle:
Everyone has unrealistic expectations and hates it
It looks better and better
Loads of hype at the end
where for Smash:
Loads of hype at the announcement
It looks like everything the fans dreamed of
It falls short on one aspect, unrealistic expectations shatters, everyone hates it

And then both sell 10m.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The funny thing is that he thinks Colosseum had detailed models...

Bruh those are jaggy ass N64 models. Literally.

Stop with this, lmao.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've seen enough to know this direction isn't for me.

I would love nothing more to tell Nintendo to shut up and take my money but i cannot pretend to be happy with what ive aeen.
We barely know what Sword & Shield is even about or is going to entail, there can be a lot of information relayed to us between now and when it releases (presumably in November).

But whatever, I don't have the time or the energy to argue with you about it.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
If Pokemon ever gets to Sonic 06 levels (It won't) I won't buy the games. But that's not happening, so i'm gonna have fun.
Well you literally said you would eat up anything pokemon so you say that with hindsight but i know plenty of sonic fans who bought 06 and defended it at the time.

Being critical and criticizing games is needed for devs to improve on what needs improving.

I'm disappointed becasue i know they can be more ambitious and do more. But it's so obvious pokemon has become too profitable for quality to trump quantity. And it's a shame to see imo

D

Deleted member

Just stop replying to Wax, it is like talking to a rock.

D

Deleted member

Bruh those are jaggy *** N64 models. Literally.

Stop with this, lmao.
its funny cause i literally had a moment yesterday where i was fanboying over colosseum and then someone posted the opening cutscene and i was like "wow this looks like **** lmao"

the game did not age well

KMDP

Smash Legend

Stop with this, lmao.
Yeah; they had detailed textures, not detailed models. This is not the same thing.
Being critical and criticizing games is needed for devs to improve on what needs improving.
But what if you have nothing to complain about (or, more accurately, nothing you consider worth complaining about), hmm?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
lol i literally had a moment yesterday where i was fanboying over colosseum and then someone posted the opening cutscene and i was like "wow this looks like **** lmao"

Yeah you remember it looking good at the time but then you go back to it and

You just think "did it really look this ****?"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
lol i literally had a moment yesterday where i was fanboying over colosseum and then someone posted the opening cutscene and i was like "wow this looks like **** lmao"

No it did not.

But... on the other hand... If Miror B and his theme song doesn't show up I'll be sad (again).

WaxPython

Smash Ace

Stop with this, lmao.
Again the people actually have human none chibi proportions and the pokemon are scaled reasonably well.

That for me shows a higher model quality and environmental textures were better too.

Is that too much to ask for a console pokemon game?

Again Coliseum is an ancient game the fact that i can even compare it says so much about shield and sword

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For a GameCube game, they look like N64 sprites.
The bad shading and too little polygons...
This game did not age well at all.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
wait I spelled Colosseum wrong.

except apparently it was an alternate spelling.

huh.

Again the people actually have human none chibi proportions and the pokemon are scaled reasonably well.

At least Sword & Shield's humans are closer to realistic-proportions than LGPE and everything before Sun and Moon.

D

Deleted member

hey back in MY day wes was the most badass and cool guy you would ever see and now im looking at it like
Screenshot_2019-02-27-22-29-42.png

this man is a registered sex offender

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sonic 06 is a terrible comparison, since 06 looked like it was gonna be the BIGGEST and BADDEST Sonic game yet, with tight new graphics and a killer soundtrack, with so many characters to choose from. It's not like Shadow which always looked like a joke. The moment everyone knew it was bad was when the reviews came out, aka when the public got the game. This equivalent would be if Breath of the Wild ended up being one of the worst games of all time, despite its massive ambition. Or No Man's Sky's controversy. Not Sword and Shield

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

That for me shows a higher model quality and environmental textures were better too.

Again Coliseum is an ancient game the fact that i can even compare it says so much about shield and sword
1551324733752.png
1551324741024.png

I still don't understand what you mean

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just searched up Pokemon Stadium and, compared to that screenshot, the N64 games look much better imo.

I do remember liking Colosseum, however; I haven't played Gale of Darkness.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wax is making me want to throw a book off the window, and I stopped reading Wax's posts.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Listen, y'all, every time he comes back he ****s on whatever's the current discussion. He's allowed to have his own tastes, but y'all need to learn when to stop replying lol.
But how are we gonna get him to convert to the light side? Besides possession or making him his own Dark Pit like clone
If Pokemon ever gets to Sonic 06 levels (It won't) I won't buy the games. But that's not happening, so i'm gonna have fun.
You say that like Sonic 06 was bad...it was the greatest Sonic game besides the Boom series /s
Breath of the Wild ended up being one of the worst games of all time, despite its massive ambition
That would’ve been an absolute nightmare to be stuck in

Also your avatar makes an unreasonable amount of sense in this world (like a better version of the Genie of Bel Air)

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Coliseum obviously is showing its age like every single game that's that old

People forget that it's a spinoff not a main series title but still managed to look good for its time.

Does anyone look at pokemon sword and think wow this looks great and is pushing the boundaries of what the switch can do.

As a main series title for me it's completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Don't forget that Colosseum and XD were intended to be played on CRTs, which would have blurred out a lot of the graphical jank.

D

Deleted member

Coliseum obviously is showing its age like every single game that's that old

People forget that it's a spinoff not a main series title but still managed to look good for its time.

Does anyone look at pokemon sword and think wow this looks great and is pushing the boundaries of what the switch can do.

As a main series title for me it's completely unacceptable.
is it necessary for every game to push the boundaries of what its console could do?
cause colosseum sure as HELL ain't doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom