• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean, perhaps it’s triggered by the chemical the brain produces under fear or stress (adrenaline), but still. .
Right but the brain secretes adrenaline regardless of the stressor. So having to fire a gun for self defense or falling from an exploding building would also trigger the virus. But none of those things do it. Only specifically being afraid in a conventional sense.

The games aren't Shakespeare lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
All regions in one game would be cool.

The problem with it, for me, is that it removes all incentive for players to buy remakes of future games. There's been huge demand for a Gen 4 remake, as there eventually would be for Gen 5, then Gen 6, etc.

That's mad money to pass up, for a game that would require a huge amount of work. I don't see it happening...but if it does, GIMME GIMME GIMME.
Well, they'll at least get MY money for the remakes.

Not that that says much

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
To everyone here who currently does not have a roommate:

I envy you and I wish to be you.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If THIS really is is how Pokemon Gen 8 is really going to be...

I really doubt it though...
Holy balancing issues Batman

Srsly though, I'm not entirely sure how they'd pull this off. Gen 2 had only two regions and had level scaling issues up the wazoo, so I'm not sure what they'd do with 8 regions

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
All regions in one game would be cool.

The problem with it, for me, is that it removes all incentive for players to buy remakes of future games. There's been huge demand for a Gen 4 remake, as there eventually would be for Gen 5, then Gen 6, etc.

That's mad money to pass up, for a game that would require a huge amount of work. I don't see it happening...but if it does, GIMME GIMME GIMME.
You are implying Pokemon fans won't buy anything with the name on it.

They want a new game every year. No matter how asinine and some buy the same game twice for minor differences.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Yeeeah, that was one of the best benefits to finally getting out on my own. Mind it took a while to save up enough, but it felt great to get out on my own.

Before, I pretty well kept to my room and played everything with headphoens. Now I can basically do whatever, whenever, and not really have to worry about how it'll affect anyone else in the place. I got a nice soundbar for my games, and made myself a proper mancave for that.

Speaking of, I really need to start Fallout 4 again.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There is no freaking way we're seeing all regions coming back. This is their first real step into HD (filler title Let's Go aside) and they have to upgrade every existing Pokemon model so far into that, and you think they're going to remake all 7 previous regions on top of that? I guess they already have Kanto covered but regardless that'd be completely insane.

Remember that "Everyone is Here" only worked out because Ultimate had Smash 4's massive roster as framework to build off of. Gen 8 only has Let's Go, who's development overlapped with it.

D

Deleted member

My dream basically involved my and 10 other people getting abducted by terrorists, them asking us a bunch of random questions tabout stuff we had no idea what they’re talking about, and them torturing and killing people. I also was forced to 10 plates of rotten food, hence the almost made me throw up comment.

So yeah, not fun.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

I don't think you understand how hard it is for me not having someone to come home and complain to. This **** was cool for a minute but living by myself is VERY lonely now. To the point where I only seek any companionship whatsoever simply for the sake of being near me as I'm afraid of my thoughts when isolated.

Plus paying all the rent kinda sucks

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
We act like Sakurai is the 'master troll', but could anything in his mind be quite as devious as this tom****ery?:

D

Deleted member

There is no freaking way we're seeing all regions coming back. This is their first real step into HD (filler title Let's Go aside) and they have to upgrade every existing Pokemon model so far into that, and you think they're going to remake all 7 previous regions on top of that? I guess they already have Kanto covered but regardless that'd be completely insane.

Remember that "Everyone is Here" only worked out because Ultimate had Smash 4's massive roster as framework to build off of. Gen 8 only has Let's Go, who's development overlapped with it.
Actually the models wouldn’t be much work. They’re all ridiculously high-poly for future proofing so they would like fine in HD. Unless I’m misunderstanding ya.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeeeah, that was one of the best benefits to finally getting out on my own. Mind it took a while to save up enough, but it felt great to get out on my own.

Before, I pretty well kept to my room and played everything with headphoens. Now I can basically do whatever, whenever, and not really have to worry about how it'll affect anyone else in the place. I got a nice soundbar for my games, and made myself a proper mancave for that.

Speaking of, I really need to start Fallout 4 again.
I had that. For four years. But then my brother needed a place to live and I bought a house that we could share. Then our mutual friend lost her apartment and needed a place to live and we took her in too. Reorganized the entire house to try and make it work.

And she is... the worst roommate. I don't even know where to begin. I had it all perfect not even seven months ago. I just had to explain to her why we don't tell total strangers the time of day that no one's home. And she's personalizing that as an attack on her because she does that in everything with everyone. I no longer fault her old roommates for breaking their lease and leaving; I think I kind of get why they did now.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Like, I'm a lesbian and I'm still kind of attracted to that man. He's just... phew. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNYP8Smxv9I
Jason Mamoa or Ganondorf?

hi this is watchmojo.com and welcome to Top 10 Sounds You Can Hear Just Through Reading
YAHOO!
YAHOO!
YAYAYAYAYYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAHOO!

Oh boy I sure do wanna visit kanto for the F O U R T H time in the series
Sixth.

RGBY
GS
FRLG
HGSS
LGPE

D

Deleted member

Oh boy I sure do wanna visit kanto for the F O U R T H time in the series
they're gonna reveal all the regions slowly throughout the year before release and the last one is gonna be kanto and sinnoh won't be in, cueing "sinnoh was robbed" "kanto has legacy" "alola shouldn't have been an echo"

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't think you understand how hard it is for me not having someone to come home and complain to. This **** was cool for a minute but living by myself is VERY lonely now. To the point where I only seek any companionship whatsoever simply for the sake of being near me as I'm afraid of my thoughts when isolated.

Plus paying all the rent kinda sucks
The lifestyle isn't for everyone. It was definitely for me. I was comfortable and content living on my own for over four years. I no longer have that and I hate it and I want it back. I would happily pay the full rent and go back to my last place if that were an option but my brother is now depending on me and I kind of have my name on a house now, so.

Though I hope your living situation changes for your betterment.

Ahh you would not want to be in my family then.
My family is very big.
Oh, my family is very big too.

That's why I moved to the opposite side of the country from them. Well, that and the MAGA hats.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Actually the models wouldn’t be much work. They’re all ridiculously high-poly for future proofing so they would like fine in HD. Unless I’m misunderstanding ya.
Hm I'm no game design expert but there must be some reason they decided to only include the original 151 (+Meltan) in Let's Go. Even if they aren't building them from the ground up they're probably having to go through and polish them all up or something on top of designing an entirely generation of monsters as well as a new region to explore.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
they're gonna reveal all the regions slowly throughout the year before release and the last one is gonna be kanto and sinnoh won't be in, cueing "sinnoh was robbed" "kanto has legacy" "alola shouldn't have been an echo"
Then, there’s gonna be a leak that says there’ll be four more Pokémon regions, and people are actually going to believe it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hm I'm no game design expert but there must be some reason they decided to only include the original 151 (+Meltan) in Let's Go. Even if they aren't building them from the ground up they're probably having to go through and polish them all up or something on top of designing an entirely generation of monsters as well as a new region to explore.
I’m guessing that’s because they wanted to ease in payers who are only familiar with Pokemon GO/Gen 1 considering it’s their first mainline console entry. Not sure about them being polished up though, all I know is that they were designed with future hardware in mind.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The next villainous Pokemon team needs to straight up be Creationists. :oneeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom