• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
virginia beach is actually pretty damn liberal despite being south af geographically
when i say southern i mean like, rural deep south
I've heard some bull**** here honestly. I've lived in Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and the Beach
It really just depends on which parts of these places you go to

Though my perspective is probably a little different because everyone seems to be okay with making fun of Asians haha so I kinda just ignore it

If I had a dollar for every "Jackie Chan" comment bruh

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I've heard some bull**** here honestly. I've lived in Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and the Beach

Though my perspective is probably a little different because everyone seems to be okay with making fun of Asians haha so I kinda just ignore it

There aren't many asians here in baton rouge besides a few nail salons and restaurants, but occasionally there will be small groups of deep voiced hypebeast asian dudes in the mall. very rare sight but they all dress nice af

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
True that. I meant like a villainous team that shuns anyone that tries to evolve their Pokemon and uses some Everstone-like technology to make sure PKMN never evolve. Sort of like a devout cult following.
God I remember when people actually had those complaints about Pokemon. Going on about evolution as if Pokemon was halfway realistic in the first place. Good old 90s.

At least the people who thought it gave you seizures were just kinda misinformed about the specifics of that story.

Wait, we oughtta combine both topics at the same time and make the worst pokemon game yet. Pokemon North and South.
That's what I was doing. That North and South business is really just an American thing. Well, America and Korea.

With Left and Right you can base the region on any number of countries currently tearing themselves in two.

D

Deleted member

Then why not just lock them until post game, like with past remakes?

I really think it has more to do with Let's Go being a game rushed out before development for the proper Switch title was complete.
**** if I know what goes on in the head of ol’John Gamefreak. I do think Let’s go was specifically trying to emphasise nostalgia more so than any previous title, and the fact that it’s essentially the start of a new form of Pokemon is what led to that Pokédex. That’s what I think anyway.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Aite, given the currently discussion topic, I'd like to gauge people's opinions (on Pokemon, not the South)

There's this website (click here) where you're asked to enter your favourite Pokemon of each type. There are similar-ish favourite Pokemon quizzes, but this one seems to be the quickest to fill in. Who are your favourites?

7b72234365d45ebc02a26fed2d23dd67.jpg

A few of these types I just kind of had to pick one. I don't give a **** about Dugtrio. Ground types suck.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There aren't many asians here in baton rouge besides a few nail salons and restaurants, but occasionally there will be small groups of deep voiced hypebeast asian dudes in the mall. very rare sight but they all dress nice af
bro i wish I could dress as nice as some of these fashion forward asian people in my area

i wouldn't be able to pull it off, i'm too lanky and goofy looking lmao

D

Deleted member

Reggie retired so he could run for President, it's all been building up to this. REGGIE 2020!

D

Deleted member

If we’re talking about states we don’t like, I loathe California with a passion. One of the few places I’d rather not go back to.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
y'all should come on over to the UK, where we laugh at your american politics while trying our best to forget about our own impending cluster****

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yikes. I live in the North and I hate Trump.

Also I thought Confederate Flags would be banned, but they are there? I do not know much about Southern life.
They aren't banned anywhere. They're protected under First Ammendment rights and are not considered, in and of themselves, hate speech. The deep south is littered with them, as well as statues and streets named after Confederate heroes.

I live right outside of Portland, OR and there's some ***hole who drives his truck around with a big Confederate flag hanging off the back everywhere he goes.

D

Deleted member

y'all should come on over to the UK, where we laugh at your american politics while trying our best to forget about our own impending cluster****
I’m desperately trying to ignore whatever the **** is happening over in Parliament. Starting to think Lord Buckethead should’ve become PM.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hold up you guys don't get MAGA hats up North?

I mostly see them on the heads of elderly folk at Walmart, but they're still here in this peaceful, high Mexican population little town in Arizona I live in. I just assumed that you saw them everywhere.
The north isn't clean either, people here are talking about the south is, and yet, my most racist experience was up in Wisconsin. In fact, Tenessee was one of the most pleasent experiences I had (though stopping to eat at the Kentucky Tenessee border was terrible).

All States have garbage within them, it's just more notable on the south since it's more rural than anything else, and rural areas atrract that kind of people.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
View attachment 194547

A few of these types I just kind of had to pick one. I don't give a **** about Dugtrio. Ground types suck.
I found the same thing, but with ice: nothing against the type (even if it is terrible competitively), but there really aren't that many ice types I actually like. Also it kind of sucked having to leave out Sudowoodo, but my favourite rock type is Kabutops (who couldn't fit into the favourite water type slot, as Slowking was already taking that up, and Slowking couldn't fit into the favourite psychic type because ... well, you get the idea)

D

Deleted member

No thanks. Europe is already a cluster**** as it is, so as much as I appreciate the offer, I’m gonna have to pass on that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You should come to Canada where the biggest problem we have is our proximity to more problematic countries.

Also roving gangs of beavers who loiter outside my favourite Tim Hortons and scare me.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Just treat people with kindness and respect and let people live their lives as long as they aren't toxic/harming someone.

And by that, I mean be nice to me, damn it

D

Deleted member

I think there is something wrong with Little Mac.
cursed1.jpg
They aren't banned anywhere. They're protected under First Ammendment rights and are not considered, in and of themselves, hate speech. The deep south is littered with them, as well as statues and streets named after Confederate heroes.

I live right outside of Portland, OR and there's some ***hole who drives his truck around with a big Confederate flag hanging off the back everywhere he goes.
Yeesh. The Confederacy defended slavery. It is saddening that people still worship the Confederacy to this day.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I’m desperately trying to ignore whatever the **** is happening over in Parliament. Starting to think Lord Buckethead should’ve become PM.
literally everyone: "hey so 29 march is coming up a bit too soon to finalise proper legislation, maybe a 1-2 month extension would be best so we can sort this out cleanly"
may: "29 march it is"

D

Deleted member

It's weird and bad tbh, racism towards asians is like more "acceptable" then towards black people, brown people, etc etc

When I say "acceptable" I mean that everybody knows it's wrong but they still do it because people are less angry about it then towards others, which kinda has a reasonable explanation for racists?

I mean historically black people have had an awful history here, so people get way defensive over racism towards them. Same with brown people post-9/11 to an extent. Mexicans have faced racism quite recently too. White people are a majority here so it doesn't really matter. But since asians have just kinda been in the background throughout American history, people never really "care" about racism to them to an extent.

Not that I'm making an excuse for racism at all, it's bad in any form, but it's interesting nonetheless.
we just need a presidential candidate to be openly racist towards asians to get people to realize that it's bad

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aite, given the currently discussion topic, I'd like to gauge people's opinions (on Pokemon, not the South)

There's this website (click here) where you're asked to enter your favourite Pokemon of each type. There are similar-ish favourite Pokemon quizzes, but this one seems to be the quickest to fill in. Who are your favourites?

Oh yay this again! :p For reals though, let's get to it.

Pokemon.jpg

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's weird and bad tbh, racism towards asians is like more "acceptable" then towards black people, brown people, etc etc

When I say "acceptable" I mean that everybody knows it's wrong but they still do it because people are less angry about it then towards others, which kinda has a reasonable explanation for racists?

I mean historically black people have had an awful history here, so people get way defensive over racism towards them. Same with brown people post-9/11 to an extent. Mexicans have faced racism quite recently too. White people are a majority here so it doesn't really matter. But since asians have just kinda been in the background throughout American history, people never really "care" about racism to them to an extent.

Not that I'm making an excuse for racism at all, it's bad in any form, but it's interesting nonetheless.
we just need a presidential candidate to be openly racist towards asians to get people to realize that it's bad
one of these days i'm gonna run for some kind of local office despite being politically ignorant

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeesh. The Confederacy defended slavery. It is saddening that people still worship the Confederacy to this day.
If you ever watch Last Week Tonight with Jon Oliver, check out the Confederacy segment he does. It's on Youtube. It's startling how prevalent Confederate symbols are not only in the south but through the whole country. And how many people honestly believe that the war wasn't really about slavery. (It was. It absolutely was. That's a provable fact and people need to stop sugarcoating it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom