• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
It's weird and bad tbh, racism towards asians is like more "acceptable" then towards black people, brown people, etc etc

When I say "acceptable" I mean that everybody knows it's wrong but they still do it because people are less angry about it then towards others, which kinda has a reasonable explanation for racists?

I mean historically black people have had an awful history here, so people get way defensive over racism towards them. Same with brown people post-9/11 to an extent. Mexicans have faced racism quite recently too. White people are a majority here so it doesn't really matter. But since asians have just kinda been in the background throughout American history, people never really "care" about racism to them to an extent.

Not that I'm making an excuse for racism at all, it's bad in any form, but it's interesting nonetheless.
we just need a presidential candidate to be openly racist towards asians to get people to realize that it's bad
well I mean middle easterners are technically asians so mission accomplished?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My parents aren't racist and they don't hang confederate flags but they'll still defend those flags and statues on the basis of "The Civil War wasn't about Slavery, it was about State rights".

Edit: For the record I don't agree with them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you ever watch Last Week Tonight with Jon Oliver, check out the Confederacy segment he does. It's on Youtube. It's startling how prevalent Confederate symbols are not only in the south but through the whole country. And how many people honestly believe that the war wasn't really about slavery. (It was. It absolutely was. That's a provable fact and people need to stop sugarcoating it.)
The worst is when people say it was about state's rights.
Yeah, primarily the state's rights to own human beings.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's no longer a detriment to having a political career

So go for it
pretty much

i have moral values and leadership skills but uh... not very keen on anything political, legal, or historical, so I'd be worthless in that department

not that that's really stopped anyone

D

Deleted member

Times like these remind that this place really cannot survive without Smash news.

D

Deleted member

pretty much

i have moral values and leadership skills but uh... not very keen on anything political, legal, or historical, so I'd be worthless in that department

not that that's really stopped anyone
just say some angry stuff about minorities and immigrants and you've already secured the fox news vote

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Times like these remind that this place really cannot survive without Smash news.
To be fair, nobody is really blowing up about anything nor is there really a debate happening. People are just saying "racism bad" which... is a fact... so

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The Confederate States of America wrote the right to own dark-skinned people as property into their ****ing Constitution.

How is this still even an argument.

D

Deleted member

y'all should come on over to the UK, where we laugh at your american politics while trying our best to forget about our own impending cluster****
B R E X I T

France and Germany: Mr. European Union, I don't feel so good...
I’m desperately trying to ignore whatever the **** is happening over in Parliament. Starting to think Lord Buckethead should’ve become PM.
Honestly, Brexit is pretty dumb. I am unsure why the UK dislike the EU, but doesn't the EU help Europe get money and free travel for all, or am I missing something? I am not sure if the EU is very corrupt, may someone please assist me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
My parents aren't racist and they don't hang confederate flags but they'll still defend those flags and statues on the basis of "The Civil War wasn't about Slavery, it was about State rights".
this image will never get old i swear

antithesis.PNG

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also throwing it out there that I think Abraham Lincoln seemed like a swell guy.

Please don't get the wrong idea from my earlier post people, I already edited it.

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Edit: For the record I don't agree with them.
The Fugitive Slave Act required that slaves be returned to their owners by the Federal Government. Guess who supported it? The state's rights South or the federal government North? Take your wildest guess.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wanted this since I was 10 and read that bad fanfic!

Deoxys gang rise!!!
Between AO3 and FF.net Pokemon has over 100,000 fanfics, not accounting for cross-posted fics.

So I'm not sure which fic you're talking about.
Everyone knows Cristina Vee is actually three women.
I'm onto you Cris, Tina, and Vee!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Watch that Crista Vee is lying and eventually Shantae is revealed in April as the next DLC fighter.
Christina Vee is a treasure and she is one of the only five VAs I'd let get away with that.

The others being Roger Craig Smith, Jennifer Hale, D.C. Douglas and Chris Sabat.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, nobody is really blowing up about anything nor is there really a debate happening. People are just saying "racism bad" which... is a fact... so
Yeah, no ****. I’m just saying, this probably like, what, the 4th or 5th time something along the lines of political talk has been brought up.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly, Brexit is pretty dumb. I am unsure why the UK dislike the EU, but doesn't the EU help Europe get money and free travel for all, or am I missing something? I am not sure if the EU is very corrupt, may someone please assist me?
a fair bit of anti-immigrant attitudes factor into it, but a lot of it is centered around sovereignty of laws - brexit supporters dislike the UK having to follow EU regulations on immigration and such, especially around the time of the vote in 2016 when terrorism was all over the place in the news

i don't think brexit is the solution to any of the grievances really, but i will say that of the handful of brexit supporters i know, none are anything close to what i'd call racist - certainly nothing close to the **** you see out of some of the southern states in the US.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, no ****. I’m just saying, this probably like, what, the 4th or 5th time something along the lines of political talk has been brought up.
I really don't think historical talk and political talk are the same thing.

We need to not immediately throw our hands up saying, "oh geez guys this is getting too political!" when anything that isn't gaming-related comes up.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
pInK BoY DeStRoYs lEaDeR Of eNtIrE NaTiOn iN OnE SwIfT PuNcH

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
tbh
i wish i could be president
i have kind of a complex for wanting to take things/organizations I see as broken and fixing them

D

Deleted member

a fair bit of anti-immigrant attitudes factor into it, but a lot of it is centered around sovereignty of laws - brexit supporters dislike the UK having to follow EU regulations on immigration and such, especially around the time of the vote in 2016 when terrorism was all over the place in the news

i don't think brexit is the solution to any of the grievances really, but i will say that of the handful of brexit supporters i know, none are anything close to what i'd call racist - certainly nothing close to the **** you see out of some of the southern states in the US.
To add to this, another argument I tended to see a lot was that people in rural communities like in Wales were struggling ever since the mining industry, y’know, and that brexit was seen as a way too distance the uk from globalisation and maybe get their jobs back. I have my own views on Brexit, but I understand why both sides had their views.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
To add to this, another argument I tended to see a lot was that people in rural communities like in Wales were struggling ever since the mining industry, y’know, and that brexit was seen as a way too distance the uk from globalisation and maybe get their jobs back. I have my own views on Brexit, but I understand why both sides had their views.
ok y'all might have all these cool smart people issues but have you seen what our dude tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom