• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Okay, time for a very hot take.

Little Mac is a severly underrated character and not nearly as bad as everyone says. Very good Macs can clean your stocks very easily.
The effectiveness of Little Mac players depends on 2 things:
-How unpredictable you, as the Mac player, are.
-How well your opponent can read you.

If your opponent can figure out what you're doing, they can get rid of Mac easily; if they can't, then it's the reverse scenario.

D

Deleted member

The issue is that basically every highmid-top tier in this game can turn a stray hit into a combo that leaves you in the air/offstage, both bad things for Mac as he's literally useless in both situations. I will give him this, though; his cheese with KO Punch makes him at least better than Mii Brawler
At least Mii brawler has aerials.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, I'm at the hospital and I have been waiting for like 3 hours. This has been fun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm sorry. I had to wait two hours while my appendix was bursting and it was the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced.

Hope you're doing okay.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
But for real
I mean there's a lot of stuff the mod team is lineant on in this thread so if politic talk can STAY civil then I, personally, think it's fine. Though I don't speak for all of us. But usually politics ends up, somehow, going south

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean evolution in pokemon is more like growth stages if anything. So they'd just be.... Uh.... Yeah....
Except Evolution is considered to be blasphemy by this villinaous team among other things. Just a very overzealous team that ends up being hypocritical like Team Plasma.
God I remember when people actually had those complaints about Pokemon. Going on about evolution as if Pokemon was halfway realistic in the first place. Good old 90s.

At least the people who thought it gave you seizures were just kinda misinformed about the specifics of that story.
Yeah late-90's/early 00's were wack with the amount of vitriol PKMN got from religious parents lol. Those were the days.
You should come to Canada where the biggest problem we have is our proximity to more problematic countries.

Also roving gangs of beavers who loiter outside my favourite Tim Hortons and scare me.
This reminds me of a flock of like 12 Geese that roam around near my grocery store in cult-like fashion lol.

Thankfully, I haven't got on their bad side yet. :)

D

Deleted member

I mean there's a lot of stuff the mod team is lineant on in this thread so if politic talk can STAY civil then I, personally, think it's fine. Though I don't speak for all of us. But usually politics ends up, somehow, going south
Is this why you allow sexual orientation talk also?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In this case literally.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
"Politics"; "going south"

I see a lot of jokes coming your way.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel like I missed a lot. Were we talking about the south?

Edit: ****ING CIVIL WAR!

I am big dumb

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just wanted to get my quick thoughts about the Cristina Vee tweets since I’m also big on Shantae. Considering it’s her and not WayForward making this announcement first, this could very well be fan related like a song cover or something. I trust her and I don’t think she’s lying, so I’m not expecting this to be Smash related. Of course I’d be ecstatic if it actually is, but whatever this ends up being, I know I’ll be excited because I want to see more of Shantae regardless of Smash.

Though I am hoping it’s not an animated series yet because I want to be part of that production SOOO badly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ok, and I know you didn't say it, but if the thread can demonstrate multiple pages of staying the course, you can probably take the training wheels off at that point. If and when we start to wobble, that seems a good time to come back.

Also fwiw the "no politik" rule isn't actually in the rules.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ok, and I know you didn't say it, but if the thread can demonstrate multiple pages of staying the course, you can probably take the training wheels off at that point. If and when we start to wobble, that seems a good time to come back.

They're in the Thread Rules, not the Forum Rules.
Amendment 1: Please stay on topics that are appropriate for this forum.

Topics that have no place here include, but are not limited to:
  • sexuality/sexual orientation
  • religion
  • politics

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

From what I recall it was put in the thread rules for the sake of direction. Those three rules were basically just what we thought MIGHT cause a controversy. If we can talk about them and stay chill though, hey, I don't have a problem with it. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom