• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yikes Roosevelt was a white supremacist my guy
Technically you could label every one of the USA's founding fathers as such. I don't remember if anyone who helped author the Constitution didn't own slaves.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
One time while I was in high school I got partnered up with a girl to do a project on the Nazi SS. Found out on the day of the project that she had originally planned on making cookies with swastikas drawn on them but her mother apparently stopped her.

It still baffles me to this day that that girl thought two white kids handing out swastika cookies to a class largely comprised of Mexican and Native Americans was somehow even something close to resembling a good idea. I don't think she actually meant badly but yikes that would have been in bad taste.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I really don't think historical talk and political talk are the same thing.

We need to not immediately throw our hands up saying, "oh geez guys this is getting too political!" when anything that isn't gaming-related comes up.
Yeah. Also, making things "political" is an actual strategy used by those supporting a bad position that not many people like, which is exactly what happened with climate change.

D

Deleted member

ok y'all might have all these cool smart people issues but have you seen what our dude tweets
donald j trump, the former director of the apprentice and current president of the united states of america, called spike lee racist on twitter dot com

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, we'll see where you are in 12 years.
I mean, you never know.
If I do end up trying to do that (lmfao as unlikely as it is) i'll probably still be on SmashBoards

i'll declare a national emergency to allow myself to do it if they breath down my neck, it seems to be a strategy that can be used for things apparently

D

Deleted member

Shantae for Smash confirmed.

Elephant fall for down -smash.
Why settle for Shantae turning into an elephant when you could just have the elephant?

(This is the actual name of the game, can we not worry about censorship here? :V)

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
So...looks like we're talking about politics and stuff now. Not that I mind, it's just that I really don't have anything to add to this conversation, so I feel kinda out of place here rn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
but pffft I always feel out of place OK shut up

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah. Also, making things "political" is an actual strategy used by those supporting a bad position that not many people like, which is exactly what happened with climate change.
Also gun violence.

"Now isn't the time to bring politics into this" makes a blood vessel pop somewhere in my body every time a domestic shooting happens. So like. Y'know. Wednesdays and Fridays.

Okay now this post is getting political and I'm not even going to apologize for it because I'm anti-people-being-killed and not ashamed to admit that.

D

Deleted member

ok y'all might have all these cool smart people issues but have you seen what our dude tweets
Trump posted a tweet about him making a joke of the trail of tears, and it hurt my heart.

I have Trump blocked on Twitter.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"I'm considering running for President, however I hate responsibility..."

"...but I love politics, so I might just be a perfect fit."

-Politics Bear, 2015-Present

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Pokemon GENESIS
Pokemon ALTER

Seems like Origin Vs Transformation is the theme of Gen 8
Provided it's not another Ultra Shiny case I could see that be another gimmick a la Mega Evolution or Z-Moves. In particular, it does sound like a Mewtwo thing like stated before, which would fit the upcoming movie.

Aite, given the currently discussion topic, I'd like to gauge people's opinions (on Pokemon, not the South)

There's this website (click here) where you're asked to enter your favourite Pokemon of each type. There are similar-ish favourite Pokemon quizzes, but this one seems to be the quickest to fill in. Who are your favourites?

Oh, I love these!

Edit: Fixed the broken image.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Speaking of politics, Amendment 1 in the final draft of the Ultimate Social constitution, states that politics should not be a topic of conversation. I love irony.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So for fun. How would you guys all rate every character that's ever made the cut in Smash and explain why those reasons of what you think of them and such?

01: :ultmario:
02::ultdk:
03::ultlink:
04::ultsamus:
04e::ultdarksamus:
05::ultyoshi:
06::ultkirby:
07::ultfox:
08::ultpikachu:
09::ultluigi:
10::ultness:
11::ultfalcon:
12::ultjigglypuff:
13::ultpeach:
13e::ultdaisy:
14::ultbowser:
15::ulticeclimbers:
16::ultsheik:
17::ultzelda:
18::ultdoc:
19::ultpichu:
20::ultfalco:
21::ultmarth:
21e::ultlucina:
22::ultyounglink:
23::ultganondorf:
24::ultmewtwo:
25::ultroy:
25e::ultchrom:
26::ultgnw:
27::ultmetaknight:
28::ultpit:
28e::ultdarkpit:
29::ultzss:
30::ultwario:
31::ultsnake:
32::ultike:
33-35:ultpokemontrainer:(:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:)
36::ultdiddy:
37::ultlucas:
38::ultsonic:
39::ultkingdedede:
40::ultolimar:
41::ultlucario:
42::ultrob:
43::ulttoonlink:
44::ultwolf:
45::ultvillager:
46::ultmegaman:
47::ultwiifittrainer:
48::ultrosalina:
49::ultlittlemac:
50::ultgreninja:
51-53::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
54::ultpalutena:
55::ultpacman:
56::ultrobin:
57::ultshulk:
58::ultbowserjr:
59::ultduckhunt:
60::ultryu:
60e::ultken:
61::ultcloud:
62::ultcorrin:
63::ultbayonetta:
64::ultinkling:
65::ultridley:
66::ultsimon:
66e::ultrichter:
67::ultkrool:
68::ultisabelle:
69::ultincineroar:
70::ultpiranha:
71: Joker

Take your time. No rush. I'd like to see how in-depth all your thoughts are.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
All this politics talk is reminding me how the Mario brothers and the Wa's (for lack of a better name) perfectly align with the four corners of the political compass.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Speaking of politics, Amendment 1 in the final draft of the Ultimate Social constitution, states that politics should not be a topic of conversation. I love irony.
reported for politics

come on, cyn, you know better

D

Deleted member

Does not Twitter and Facebook talk a lot about politics though?

D

Deleted member

no one listens to your rules
Yay Irony!

D

Deleted member

Woah I actually made a conversation happen?

Like this post for more dope conversations.
Oh I just realized, I have to make dabbing Corrin. I will do that today, I promise.
tbh
i wish i could be president
i have kind of a complex for wanting to take things/organizations I see as broken and fixing them
Your avatar fits this post so perfectly.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Okay, time for a very hot take.

Little Mac is a severly underrated character and not nearly as bad as everyone says. Very good Macs can clean your stocks very easily.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, does anyone here even ever follow the Admindment? :p

EDIT: Fixed the pun

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Very good Macs
Delicious.
The creamier the better, at least for me. Sometimes like to have it with bread crumbs baked into a layer on top of a mac and cheese casserole.

Kinda hate when my dinner side-B's off the table though

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What's the problem if everyone is being civil

D

Deleted member

Okay, time for a very hot take.

Little Mac is a severly underrated character and not nearly as bad as everyone says. Very good Macs can clean your stocks very easily.
The issue is that basically every highmid-top tier in this game can turn a stray hit into a combo that leaves you in the air/offstage, both bad things for Mac as he's literally useless in both situations. I will give him this, though; his cheese with KO Punch makes him at least better than Mii Brawler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom