• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
living in the deep south has me squinting at every red hat I see, it's very aggravating
Dude, I'm being real here. I stopped wearing all my red baseball caps specifically so no one would think for a second that the tall white dude in the red hat is a MAGA guy at first glance.

And I'm a Buckeyes/Reds fan. Almost all the hats I own are bright red.

D

Deleted member

C'Mon guys, the South isn't THAT bad.
well southern virginia hella is

i've been living a mildly sheltered life and have never been called any kind of racial slur irl until i went to south virginia to visit some family

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
one thing worth noting about gen 8 is the art director is james turner who designed Trevenant, Vanillite, Buzzwole, etc

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Aite, given the currently discussion topic, I'd like to gauge people's opinions (on Pokemon, not the South)

There's this website (click here) where you're asked to enter your favourite Pokemon of each type. There are similar-ish favourite Pokemon quizzes, but this one seems to be the quickest to fill in. Who are your favourites?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Depends.

Is it immediately following Johto? Because Johto's my favorite and Silver/Soul Silver had Kanto too. So.
Good to see some taste around here.
I always thought Johto had the most nice looking locations. Region overall just has a really nice aesthetic. Unova was pretty good too.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Didn't Arceus create much of the Pokemon world? They'd be right.
True that. I meant like a villainous team that shuns anyone that tries to evolve their Pokemon and uses some Everstone-like technology to make sure PKMN never evolve. Sort of like a devout cult following.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Is being considered a bad thing or a good thing?
Idk
hes gamefreaks only guy that works with 3d graphics most of the time

hes not a senior designer on the level of other guys, and you know japanese prefer to promote people that are old in the company so them skipping to him for the role probably has some reason, and the reason would PROBABLY be 3D graphics

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

i've been living a mildly sheltered life and have never been called any kind of racial slur irl until i went to south virginia to visit some family
I've lived in rural south Louisiana for half of my life and it is as racist and homophobic as it gets here. Back when I managed a grocery store, I had a dude tell me that he has no use for a [gay slur] literally just because an elton john song was playing on our radio. If a middle eastern looking person was in line, then no one else would be in line next to them. And that's not even talking about the open klan members I met on a daily basis

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dude, I'm being real here. I stopped wearing all my red baseball caps specifically so no one would think for a second that the tall white dude in the red hat is a MAGA guy at first glance.

And I'm a Buckeyes/Reds fan. Almost all the hats I own are bright red.
living in the deep south has me squinting at every red hat I see, it's very aggravating
Yikes. I live in the North and I hate Trump.

Also I thought Confederate Flags would be banned, but they are there? I do not know much about Southern life.
can't wait for corocoro leaks and the competitive scene to change. Not big on gen 7 competitive at the moment. Kinda hate toxapex
Toxapex is fine for me, but I think a lot of toxic players would love to play Toxapex in Apex Legends.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

What do you mean? I very much enjoy every other race coming together to make fun of me because I'm Asian here.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Does virgina beach count as southern? because I sure as HELL never heard anyone call me the N word

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I gimped a Marth around 20% with Mac and somehow made it back in stage.

Mac is pretty fun.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Depemds on your taste, I like his designs though.
I guess if you like 'its just an animal with X flowing out of it' Gen 8 ain't gonna be for you.

I like :ultgreninja::ultincineroar: and Buzzwole is more align with them so I'm all good.

Also home from work tummy was in knots :(

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My pick is for Pokemon Left and Pokemon Right.

Because some people just want to watch the world burn. :demon:

D

Deleted member

True that. I meant like a villainous team that shuns anyone that tries to evolve their Pokemon and uses some Everstone-like technology to make sure PKMN never evolve. Sort of like a devout cult following.
I mean evolution in pokemon is more like growth stages if anything. So they'd just be.... Uh.... Yeah....
virginia beach is actually pretty damn liberal despite being south af geographically
when i say southern i mean like, rural deep south
And funnily enough, southern Florida is the liberal part of Florida, but yeah.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I live in the South (Georgia) and I really don't like it. Most people aren't very friendly and are quite annoying, most people here support MAGA which I don't like. It's just boring and not very friendly, when I move out I'm heavily considering moving to Indiana cause the time I spend up there is quite nice and friendly.

D

Deleted member

I'm more referring to

that pull up next to you in traffic and are so loud that they disrupt any conversation in a half mile radius
this man has probably called me homophobic slurs at some point in his life

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hold up you guys don't get MAGA hats up North?

I mostly see them on the heads of elderly folk at Walmart, but they're still here in this peaceful, high Mexican population little town in Arizona I live in. I just assumed that you saw them everywhere.
I’m guessing that’s because they wanted to ease in payers who are only familiar with Pokemon GO/Gen 1 considering it’s their first mainline console entry. Not sure about them being polished up though, all I know is that they were designed with future hardware in mind.
Then why not just lock them until post game, like with past remakes?

I really think it has more to do with Let's Go being a game rushed out before development for the proper Switch title was complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom