• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Consider the following.

. Humans never exist.
. Thus, Shigeru miyamoto never exists.
. Meaning Yoshi never exists.
Consider this though:

Yoshi Shigeru Miyamoto creates humans as a fictional video-game creature.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

What about :ultpalutena::ultbayonetta:?
Never played Bayonetta to know how powerful she was.

And why Palutena? Just because she's a goddess? In the world of fiction. Gods or goddess' means nothing. Said Greek gods in Clash of the Titans remake are weak as **** for example with Zeus barely even able to summon a single thunder storm.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Who's ready for another round of "Smash Canon Power Tier List Debate"? I know I am.
Clearly Game and Watch is the strongest, because he's somehow attacking people in a 3-dimensional universe, when he himself exists in a 2-dimensional one... He's just casually moving between dimensions of radically different physical properties unharmed!

sort of /s, idk.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Then again. I've never played Kid Icarus. I just get irked because when people think of God or Goddess they think it equals very powerful when that's not the case in the realm of fiction as you can actually have very weak gods or goddesses on the same level or helplessness as any regular joe.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
My boi has manipulated gravity fyi :yoshi:
What game?
Then again. I've never played Kid Icarus. I just get irked because when people think of God or Goddess they think it equals very powerful when that's not the case in the realm of fiction as you can actually have very weak gods or goddesses on the same level or helplessness as any regular joe.
Find a Palutena respect thread.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Never played Bayonetta to know how powerful she was.
She's powerful enough to punch the creator of the universe to the Sun and physically throw planes, satellites and skyscrapers.

Well, she never really got into close combat properly, but I think it's safe to say she's as powerful as gods like Hades, which is far from being an average joe.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Clearly Game and Watch is the strongest, because he's somehow attacking people in a 3-dimensional universe, when he himself exists in a 2-dimensional one... He's just casually moving between dimensions of radically different physical properties unharmed!

sort of /s, idk.
Considering his role in SSE, this might not be far from truth tbh.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On a more positive note though. What are everyone's favorite superhero films? Mine would have to be the Guardians and Hellboy movies. If I had to pick out of the two though it'd be Guardians.
Spider-Man 2, Spider-Verse, Blade 1, The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 1.

Captain America Winter Soldier is also a contender. I want to say X-Men 2 as well, but I haven't seen the whole thing in a minute.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

What about :ultpalutena::ultbayonetta:?
Palutena and the rest of the KI pantheon can get killed, so that at least proves their mortality, especially when Pit has to take care to not harm/kill her when hunting down the parasitic chaos kin.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Rather than a movie, I'd want Metroid to have a series with similar tone and atmosphere to Samurai Jack, it has the themes of isolation, dangerous nature and high tech cities/ruins that Metroid games tend to have.

And with Samus' job being a Bounty Hunter, it fits having a loose narrative that doesn't need an overarching plot. Unless you think it's necessary to adapt the games, which is fine too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still say everyone with time powers is auto top-tier. And Ganon can only lose to specific Sword most of the time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, she never really got into close combat properly, but I think it's safe to say she's as powerful as gods like Hades, which is far from being an average joe.
Hades is more powerful then the other gods of that world since he's consumed countless souls to increase his own strength, although it's implied Dyntos might be even stronger. It's also worth mentioning that Dyntos was able to put Palutena to sleep.

Not that Palutena isn't powerful, but the Chaos Kin, Hades and Dyntos are all steps above her.
We all know Pit is canonically the strongest, even Hades said so. If only he knew how to read...
I call BS to that. Hades said Pit was the strongest for being able to take him down, Pit didn't take out Hades on his own. It took Palutena's, Viridi's, and the Great Sacred Treasure's help to bring him down.
Not to mention Medusa's.

Okay yeah I get that it's a joke but KI lore is silly I'm gonna call it out when I see it fit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Any Walking Dead fans around here?

What are your thoughts on the show lately, if so?
The zombie genre needs to desperately die. Put them back in their grave like literally where they belong.

Do new horrors like wendigos, lake monsters or reptilians for crying out loud!

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ah yes, Pit, the most powerful KI character, who defeated Hades via the slight help of the LASER CANNON.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Never thought I'd see a canon war topic in here. Well if there's one thing I know, it's that canon wars are one of the more dangerous territories. I'm just glad that Pit and Samus (in Power Suit) are both high tiers if anything.

So hurray for me! :ultpit::ultsamus: (Some of you knew this was coming)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're extending beyond Smash, Dante(and by extension, Trish, Virgil and Nero), Raiden, Mega Man X, Zero, Star Force Mega Man, Akuma, Asura and Kratos are also busted.

Ah yes, Pit, the most powerful KI character, who defeated Hades via the slight help of the LASER CANNON.
True, but he also beat Palutena while holding back. RIP Hades the only likable character in the game that's not Medusa.

Don't sleep on Donkey Kong. He punched the Moon out of Orbit. Mans could solve Majora's Mask in 3 minutes not 3 days.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
although it's implied Dyntos might be even stronger. It's also worth mentioning that Dyntos was able to put Palutena to sleep.
I dunno if that’s a sign of power more than it is just a trick, that’s like saying Mephiles is stronger than Sonic because he distracted him with a bright light and stabbed him in the back with a laser.

D

Deleted member

In Ryu’s own world, how powerful is he really? There, they have heaps of dudes who can do uppercuts and shoot fireballs out of their hands.

D

Deleted member

So I've had this realization that with me focusing most of my free time on Smash I don't really get to experience much Movies, TV, Anime & Other Media outside of games so I'm currently bingeing stuff.

I'm Currently playing Persona 3 and will likely Finish Banjo-Kazooie afterwards, I also just finished John Wick it was a pretty good movie nothing too standout but a pretty good and entertaining movie non-the-less.

Kinda just bringing it up cause I don't really have anything else to say but John Wick was a pretty good movie and P3 is a pretty good game so far too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In Ryu’s own world, how powerful is he really? There, they have heaps of dudes who can do uppercuts and shoot fireballs out of their hands.
Don't know for sure, but Akuma Punched an Island in half in one of the Alpha games, and in Third Strike, he uppercutted a Submarine in two.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Island level. I recall Akuma sank an island with a punch and scales to him.

Anyways though off to bed. Tonight was fun y'all. Will chat more tomorrow.

Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Any discussion of canonical strength needs to discuss :ultness: as he is cleansed of all flaws and reawakens himself to be fully enlightened at the end of Earthbound with ridiculous PSI powers.

:ultness: is legit probably top 5 in smash canonical strength.

D

Deleted member

Just fought my first competent Snake online.
Now I get what I’ve been doing wrong; use up smash as a cover for everything, and be super campy. Snake’s super fun melee game was intoxicating me. Time to change.
Also, you can have two up smash missiles out at a time. This changes everything.

osby

Smash Obsessed
P3 is a pretty good game so far too.
That's some good taste if I've ever saw one. Hit me up if you ever want to chat about it.

I also just finished John Wick it was a pretty good movie nothing too standout but a pretty good
Its story was nothing special but it had great music and fight chareography. Also it was unapologetically over-the-top, which is always welcomed in action movies, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom