• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Do not even compare Venom to Aquaman, that is a crime.
Venom is far better than Aquaman in my opinion.
That took a turn I was not expecting.

The general consensus is that Aquaman is better but y'know. I liked them both. Didn't love them.

Although Aquaman did have that god awful pitbull version of Africa so points docked for that.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I haven't watched a single DC film that isn't the Dark Knight trilogy. But damn you've got a raging hate boner for DC and it shows.
And that I'm not ashamed of admitting. Their animated films alone on the other hand are really great and what they should stick too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The only things I have to say about movies at the current moment revolve around Dragons.
wait until Endgame has a dragon
I haven't watched a single DC film that isn't the Dark Knight trilogy. But damn you've got a raging hate boner for DC and it shows.
boners...not approved
Nowadays not so much though.

I also didn't like Venom despite the money it made. I'm saying like I said just because a movie might make lot of money doesn't make it good.
well the dislike is more of a you than a majority opinion...you might have a hate boner like Will Will believes

The general consensus is that Aquaman is better but y'know. I liked them both. Didn't love them.

Although Aquaman did have that god awful pitbull version of Africa so points docked for that.
We need Flash to fix everything now
And that I'm not ashamed of admitting. Their animated films alone on the other hand are really great and what they should stick too.
1. Ignore my last comment
2. No to that last sentence

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just don't know why the DCEU just can't restart. It'd get them out of the trainwreck of their so called world building they're in and finally do things properly like how the MCU did. How I would had done it in the beginning was.

1. Man of Steel
2. Batman (Doesn't need to be an origin movie)
3. Batman and Superman: World's Finest
4. Wonder Woman
5. Justice League

For example.

D

Deleted member

Venom was not fantastic, but it was better than Aquaman.
I did not hate Aquaman, but Aquaman was just so... Mediocre.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's funny to think that within the same year we got both the best version of Africa:
AND the worst.
Within two months of each other no less.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
actually is there a lore reason :ultlink: is right-handed or am i missing something
Probably to spite me.

Really no. Link was always lefty - I think since Miyamoto is - except for the fact that there was only one sideways sprite in the original. It wasn't until Twilight Princess decided that they wanted motion controls, and made him a righty to account for that. Since then, any game that allows motion controls has kept him wrong-handed, even though legit motion-control games like Wii Sports let you pick.

I think BotW can be played with two JoyCons (but why tho?) so they kept him right handed for the three people who play him with motion controls there. But really I'd like for the console ones to go back lefty again. We lefties don't have many heroes, so losing the biggest name one really bites.

And we lefties also would like to play motion controls too. Or maybe not - I'm the kind of person who would get so into character that I'd break everything in the living room.
Uhhh you realize that the trailers have shown that it quite literally goes in the opposite direction than almost every other DCEU movie by being funny and whacky with jokes right?
I understand not wanting to give Aquaman a chance though from what I hear it's actually really good but this?
I really enjoyed Aquaman. Shazam though...the trailers have left me cringing. There's 'lighter and softer' and there's 'How do you do, fellow kids?'

As probably anyone could guess, I'm really into the MCU, but I have also really wanted to see DCEU succeed to some extent. I normally like dark and gritty on principle and I think the DC's 'thou shalt not kill' rule is idiocy, so you'd think I'd have been okay with the direction they were going...but their movies have been just awful so far. I think it's just that there's no direction for them; they kinda just wander around aimlessly until they trip over an ending with a healthy dose of Deus ex Machina.

Wonder Woman was fantastic. It played out very much like the first Cap movie, which I loved, but was different enough that it didn't feel like an expy. Also, the WWI setting really worked amazingly there. Aquaman was great as well since it came with that snarky humor that makes Iron Man/Doctor Strange so much fun to watch. The rest of the DCEU movies just try to do too many things at once, and end up not doing any of them particularly well.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just don't know why the DCEU just can't restart. It'd get them out of the trainwreck of their so called world building they're in and finally do things properly like how the MCU did. How I would had done it in the beginning was.

1. Man of Steel
2. Batman (Doesn't need to be an origin movie)
3. Batman and Superman: World's Finest
4. Wonder Woman
5. Justice League

For example.
Aren't there talks for a Red Son movie? As in, "Superman's origin story but he's Russian" Red Son?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
im kinda surprised we ain't got a namor MCU movie yet

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On a more positive note though. What are everyone's favorite superhero films? Mine would have to be the Guardians and Hellboy movies. If I had to pick out of the two though it'd be Guardians.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
the same reason the mcu didnt reboot after hulk 2008
I resent that. The Incredible Hulk was the 3rd best Marvel Movie in Phase One behind Iron Man and The Avengers. That movie is super underrated.
im kinda surprised we ain't got a namor MCU movie yet
****ing right? He's one of the most interesting Marvel Characters ever. Simultaneously an ass hole villain and selfless super hero.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
On a more positive note though. What are everyone's favorite superhero films? Mine would have to be the Guardians and Hellboy movies. If I had to pick out of the two though it'd be Guardians.
#1: Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Nobody's topping that one.

The Avengers movies are all great, and of course the Cap movies are my favorites for the solo films. Even the first one. Outside of the MCU, I (and everyone else) think that the Nolanverse Batmans are amazing, and a few of the X-men movies are great (and some are trash)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
#1: Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Nobody's topping that one.

The Avengers movies are all great, and of course the Cap movies are my favorites for the solo films. Even the first one. Outside of the MCU, I (and everyone else) think that the Nolanverse Batmans are amazing, and a few of the X-men movies are great (and some are trash)
Given your avatar I figured that was a no brainer tbh. :p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Off the top of my head I’d have to say the first Incredibles movie, all the Capt. America films, Into the Spider-Verse and the Dark Knight.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
****ing right? He's one of the most interesting Marvel Characters ever. Simultaneously an *** hole villain and selfless super hero.
and he's got tiny little wings on his feet

that's like, a good 5 minutes of combined joke material of robert downey jr. mocking him

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Winter Soldier is, without a doubt, the best superhero movie I've ever seen. That movie is ****ing phenomenal.

D

Deleted member

1) Captain America: Civil War
2) Avengers: Infinity War
3) Doctor Strange

Edit: I kinda forgot about Infinity War for a minute, Infinity War is definitely in my top three.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I am glad Spider-Verse, Infinity War and Black Panther won in the Oscars, because I heard the Oscars has Disney bias.

What is worrying is this basically chokes any other films that did good but is not "Disney" of getting spotlight as fairly winning.

HtTYD: THW deserves the prize so far, but I have a bad feeling in one year from now, Toy Story 4 or Frozen 2 will beat HtTYD: THW.

Toy Story 4 is a coin flip. It was heavily overshadowed by Detective Pikachu when it came out. Toy Story 3 was the perfect ending, but this is a Toy Story Movie. i doubt they are going to fail.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Thor Ragnarok without a doubt. I genuinely struggle when I try to think of actual flaws for that movie
It dealing with the destruction of Asgard in a light hearted tone could be seen as a flaw but I personally feel like that's a part of its charm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My favorite Super Movie is probably the Dark Knight.
I do like Infinity War and Spider-Verse a lot, though.

D

Deleted member

So, those Oscars, huh? I heard that Bohemian Rhapsody won the most awards out of any film, so just a clear reminder Queen is best band forever.
Also Spider-Man: ITSP should've won best picture and some of the nominations for Best Picture were pretty dumb.

Other than that, I've been getting prepped for the first DLC pack by very slowly getting into Persona 5, just music for now, as I have certain gripes with the OST for Ultimate and wanna know what Persona 5 brings.

Listened to Rivers in the Desert.
...Jesus **** you guys weren't kidding about this game.

oh damn OH DAMN.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The nonstop quips got a little grating after a little while, even if they were still funny. That's just me tho
One of the reasons I hated the film. It was literally a parody and Thor was way too out of character that didn't take anything seriously constantly cracking jokes and scenes especially emotional ones being interrupted by jokes like Korg with Asgard near the end. Yeah have a film about a civilization about to end and turn it into a comedy.

That and it was trying too hard to be like Guardians to the point you may as well call it Guardians of the Galaxy: Thor or Asgardians of the Galaxy drifting away from its roots of mythology. That's why I even prefer The Dark World.

So you see people? I'm not typically bias towards the MCU. Hell I even had many problems with Infinity War such as how many opportunities there were to beat Thanos but was ignored so there'd be an Avengers 4 even though I still enjoyed it.

And as I said before I didn't like Venom and that's a Marvel movie although not MCU but still Marvel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom