• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The only movie I know for a fact I'm looking forward to is Avengers: Endgame though I'm slightly interested in Captain Marvel cause I'm pretty sure that character will be important to Endgame, so if nothing else It would be nice to see it going into Endgame.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Uhhh you realize that the trailers have shown that it quite literally goes in the opposite direction than almost every other DCEU movie by being funny and whacky with jokes right?
I understand not wanting to give Aquaman a chance though from what I hear it's actually really good but this?
The movie has potential sure but all of the lines on the trailer are incredibly cliche.

If it wasn't for Zachary Levi loving the part I would have no faith in this movie.

And Aquaman was alright. Not great. Not even good. It was just passable. Again, falling into the trap of being super cliche. The action is good and it has parts that remind me of Power Rangers so it was worth watching but not at all a leader in the genre.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the only thing i really like about shazam is how the kid screams shazam

its so shazam-y

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Reminder that Toy Story 4 took a big L when they debuted its trailer the same day as Detective Pikachu, prompting them to release a second trailer with a common keyword later in the day.
That also, still, did not get NEAR the amount of views Detective Pikachu got.

Speaking of which. Detective Pikachu looks good. The IRL Pokemon are devisive but the acting, dialogue, and story seem genuinely well done.
the only thing i really like about shazam is how the kid screams shazam

its so shazam-y
Only thing I like about Shazam! is Zachary Levi. Because Zachary Levi is ****ing Zachary Levi and is the most Zachary Levi person ever and he loves the character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you know Arigmary's avatar?
arigmary.png

You either see that character as a goth, having some substance up his mouth or wearing a mustache.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man of Steel - Crap especially when you make some whose suppose to be the Symbol of Hope into this dour, emo and gloomy edgelord
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice - Crap (Oh my god our mothers have the same name! We're best pals now!)
Suicide Squad - Crap
Wonder Woman - Miraclely an outlier, even then only okay at best when compared to the MCU films
Justice League - All hope I had in you DCEU! No more!

To sum up the DCEU.

If maybe they didn't try to rush and catch up to the MCU it could had been good. Their best option is to just restart but obviously they won't do that...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The movie has potential sure but all of the lines on the trailer are incredibly cliche.

If it wasn't for Zachary Levi loving the part I would have no faith in this movie.

And Aquaman was alright. Not great. Not even good. It was just passable. Again, falling into the trap of being super cliche. The action is good and it has parts that remind me of Power Rangers so it was worth watching but not at all a leader in the genre.
I mean that's not entirely wrong but the fact that DC decided to make a movie which clearly isn't chasing after The Dark Knight's success by being dark and gritty is at least worth applause imo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its really sad when M. Night of all people can do a superhero cinematic universe with better world building then DC of all things.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean that's not entirely wrong but the fact that DC decided to make a movie which clearly isn't chasing after The Dark Knight's success by being dark and gritty is at least worth applause imo
Tone was hardly the problem with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman tho. The entirety of those movies were a muddled mess with no sense of progression and stops and starts that never really started and ended way too soon. You can literally skip two and a half hours of Batman v Superman and still get the gist of the entire story and see the beat action parts. Not good writing. At all. Pacing sucked. Acting was all over the place. DC chased Dark Knight's tail for success but missed the best part of those movies anyways. The story. Justice League and Suicide Squad are just an absolute cluster**** that can often be chalked up to WB being greedy or getting cold feet.

But, yes, at least their on the right track and, hey, we did get Wonder Woman out of it. Bless based Patty Jenkins.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
When you try to make Superman out to be like Nolan's The Dark Knight. You know you have a problem.
can you stop ****ting on DC now that its getting its bearings up now or are you just blindly biased

cause i think you're blindly biased

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

its called a monk strap
Nice.

Also who is that Yugi-Oh character in the first area, and the other JoJo character in the last area?
Say the font is not Comic Sans, but that Space font looks exactly like Comic Sans.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Honestly, I **** on Illumination a lot but I do rather enjoy some of it's movies. The Despicable Me movies are actually really quality and while The Lorax and Grinch really do nothing new with the source material they were at least enjoyable films. And the Secret Life of Pets and Sing movies are decent enough. Minions is really the only BAD movie they've made, I think.

DreamWorks though is Universal's Pixar. A masterclass in filmmaking and to know that they're theoretically right down the hall is a hit disappointing.

I have faith in the Mario movie but I just think that, damn, DreamWorks could've made it better. Probably.
I definitely don't disagree, while I don't think Illumination is nearly that bad a choice for Nintendo, I would've loved to have seen a DreamWorks Mario movie as well. Something that's to the quality of Shrek 2 or HTTYD would've been an excellent way to break through the ceiling for video game movies.

True, but Nintendo should have considered Disney or Sony.
Especially Disney. Doesn't Disney get a lot of money too?
NonspecificGuy explained it best, but IMO both of those would've been worse choices for Nintendo. Sony in particular is on its own poor streak in terms of reception, and between the two I'd argue Illumination's movies have been better overall in recent years aside from Spider-Man.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nice.

Also who is that Yugi-Oh character in the first area, and the other JoJo character in the last area?
Say the font is not Comic Sans, but that Space font looks exactly like Comic Sans.
Chazz Princeton / Jotaro Kujo / Jobin Higashikata

its CC Astro City

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hell the only good movies Sony makes nowadays are original films. I enjoyed The Shallows and Only the Brave.
4CB5A5A4-A11D-4B71-B77E-741606EEB6A5.jpeg
Man of Steel - Crap especially when you make some whose suppose to be the Symbol of Hope into this dour, emo and gloomy edgelord
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice - Crap (Oh my god our mothers have the same name! We're best pals now!)
Suicide Squad - Crap
Wonder Woman - Miraclely an outlier, even then only okay at best when compared to the MCU films
Justice League - All hope I had in you DCEU! No more!
Forgot Aquaman...aka the highest grossing DC movie of all time
Tone was hardly the problem with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman tho. The entirety of those movies were a muddled mess with no sense of progression and stops and starts that never really started and ended way too soon. You can literally skip two and a half hours of Batman v Superman and still get the gist of the entire story and see the beat action parts. Not good writing. At all. Pacing sucked. Acting was all over the place. DC chased Dark Knight's tail for success but missed the best part of those movies anyways. The story. Justice League and Suicide Squad are just an absolute cluster**** that can often be chalked up to WB being greedy or getting cold feet.

But, yes, at least their on the right track and, hey, we did get Wonder Woman out of it. Bless based Patty Jenkins.
Wonder Woman and Aquaman are the only ones currently keeping the DCEU alive and well (Shazam better do the same)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Even then. Compared to the MCU that's only okay at best but otherwise a masterpiece compared to the other DCEU films.
Dude Wonder Woman was phenomenal. Some of the most iconic scenes of that movie are just jaw dropping and they're not few and far between either. The only problem with that movie is the Trojan Horse it threw in. Once you know the twist one of the characters becomes superfluous bucause they were only there for misdirection. I mean agree to disagree there. I agree that the DCEU is a mess but you can't just throw out the fact that Wonder Woman was DAMN good.
You know that's kind of hypocritical as the guy's had a huge slump in turn of movies for quite a while right?
Yeah, his Cinematic Universe should've remained an Easter Egg. I mean I enjoyed Glass for what it was, and the twist ending is one of his better ones, but man that movie has a slog of a second act.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Whelp for those that like the movies. Do enjoy your rushed and trainwreck of a cinematic universe then.
I haven't watched a single DC film that isn't the Dark Knight trilogy. But damn you've got a raging hate boner for DC and it shows.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I contributed to my first manga popularity poll...

Weeb transformation complete :yoshi:
Wait you're only a weeb by doing that? You mean I still have a chance for redemption?
I actually happened to have enjoyed Split and Glass though. So IMO he's been finally picking up his game.
I haven't seen them but from what I hear everyone agrees that Split basically proved he finally remembered how to make good movies, which is my point. You're willing to give the dude who literally won awards for how terrible his movies are another chance after like, a decade of terrible movies but you aren't willing to give a movie that the trailers alone show are a huge improvement from the last few years?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Actually, I'd put Venom and Aquaman in the same boat. They're fun. Not exactly what I'd call good but they're fun to watch.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I'd put Venom and Aquaman in the same boat. They're fun. Not exactly what I'd call good but they're fun to watch.
Do not even compare Venom to Aquaman, that is a crime.
Venom is far better than Aquaman in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom