• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This thread is becoming a **** Disney place
Did you post an image of John Cena, or something, cause I'm seeing nothing?
96DDFB58-5336-4F35-ABEA-E8B1EAD1F086.png

I think they went to Illumination is cause the Nintendo theme parks are being made by Universal and they want to strengthen that relationship, Illumination is owned by Universal Studios after all.
Exactly
Minions actually was pretty okay, however it premiered when everyone was already tired of them.
They still work much better in small doses, but at least the movie wasn't an absolute mess as many would expect.
you literally explained Planet Sheen in a nutshell

D

Deleted member

American Celebrities back in the day were quite bad.

I heard Hitler hung a picture of Henry Ford in his office and called him "His inspiration" because Henry Ford hated Jews.

Edit: Ford also helped the Nazis too, which is terrible.

Yikes, I dislike Henry Ford.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Which pisses me off because of how hypocritical that.

The Disney name itself is as the man named after it had unfavorable views towards black people and women. That's also not getting started they at the same time keep Johnny Depp who was a wife beater and Sarah Silverman, voice of Vanellope von Schweetz whose made similar tweets to Gunn.

Soooo trying to protect that image huh Disney?
I mean you could argue that those views that he had were a product of that time. But there’s no excuse for that these days.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean you could argue that those views that he had were a product of that time. But there’s no excuse for that these days.
Only reason they still use the Disney name is because the name alone draws money in showing how bigger the hypocrisy is.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Because as much as people complain about them, Illumination does bring in a lot of money with their movies. Minions for instance, as loathed as it is on here, brought in over 1 billion dollars in revenue, it's not surprising Nintendo would be interested in that. Additionally, Dreamworks may've been too expensive/busy to work on a Mario movie which could've made them less feasible, whereas Illumination is less costly and may've been more flexible with their workload.
Honestly, I **** on Illumination a lot but I do rather enjoy some of it's movies. The Despicable Me movies are actually really quality and while The Lorax and Grinch really do nothing new with the source material they were at least enjoyable films. And the Secret Life of Pets and Sing movies are decent enough. Minions is really the only BAD movie they've made, I think.

DreamWorks though is Universal's Pixar. A masterclass in filmmaking and to know that they're theoretically right down the hall is a hit disappointing.

I have faith in the Mario movie but I just think that, damn, DreamWorks could've made it better. Probably.
True, but Nintendo should have considered Disney or Sony.
Especially Disney. Doesn't Disney get a lot of money too?
I dunno why you keep bringing up Sony. Spider-Verse was a fan made miracle that Sony wasn't going to greenlight because "nobody wants to watch cartoon spiderman" apparently. Sony sucks, dude. The Emoji Movie, Peter Rabbit, the Hotel Transylvania movies, The Smurf Movies, they all show a general lack of direction in the majority of their recent films. Spider-Verse doesn't change this just because it's good. It was a passion project and Sony didn't even have that much faith in it. Imagine that.

D

Deleted member

DreamWorks though is Universal's Pixar. A masterclass in filmmaking and to know that they're theoretically right down the hall is a hit disappointing.
Well, except for when they made Over the Hedge. . .

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hell the only good movies Sony makes nowadays are original films. I enjoyed The Shallows and Only the Brave.

Otherwise Venom and Slender Man...They need to stick to original movies.

First Hotel Transylvania was also decent but after that...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Only reason they still use the Disney name is because the name alone draws money in showing how bigger the hypocrisy is.
I’m just saying people tend to forget that we live in a different era than some of these people. What’s unacceptable now was an acceptable view at the time.

I mean we’ve picked on flat-earthers before but we gonna say the same about the people who thought the earth was flat in Galileo’s time?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What are your least-anticipated films for 2019?
As in not going to see?

Toy Story 4 easily hands down because I'll say it again. It did not need to happen.

Also Shazam because I have no more hope for the DCEU.

Terminator is another because what more can you do with it like other franchises such as Predator, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street and so on since you'd just be repeating the same thing.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, except for when they made Over the Hedge. . .
Over the Hedge is better than Shrek 3 and 4... AND WAAAAAAY better than Cars 2 and 3. And at least a little better than The Good Dinosaur. It goes both ways. You can still be a masterclass with a few hiccups to your name.

Just look at the MCU... ****ing TV shows were ruined by Scott Buck.

D

Deleted member

Definitely the Live Action Aladdin. Genie looks really terrible and is laughable in comparison to Robin Williams's Genie and overall the Movie looks poorly done.

Also Toy Story 4.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Reminder that Toy Story 4 took a big L when they debuted its trailer the same day as Detective Pikachu, prompting them to release a second trailer with a common keyword later in the day.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Definitely the Live Action Aladdin. Genie looks really terrible and is laughable in comparison to Robin Williams's Genie and overall the Movie looks poorly done.
Same here forgot to list that. Same with the other live-action Disney films which are all blatant cash grabs on nostalgia. Why can't Disney just re-release the original films in theaters? They did it with Lion King a few years back.

That said if I want to watch them I'll just watch the classics back at home.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
actually is there a lore reason :ultlink: is right-handed or am i missing something

D

Deleted member

double post.
I think if they really wanted to make money off of their old movies they should just update the Animation and re-release the movies in Theatres no changing the Story or Characters simply Update the Animation. Though the preferred situation is not cash grabbing off of them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Other movies I'm boycotting are

-Dark Phoenix (Logan ended it perfectly plus the writers of Fant4stic are involved)
-Joker (Like do we even need a Joker origin movie?)
-Jumanji 3 (Just why...Hell Jumanji didn't even need a sequel to begin with...)
-Sonic the Hedgehog (Dear god the design so far...I hate to think what it'll look like...)
-Star Wars 9 (Don't even have to explain...)

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Definitely live-action Aladdin. The live-action Sonic movie as well.

I'm split on Toy Story 4. Despite having no reason to exist, if there's one Pixar franchise they get right almost all the time, it's Toy Story.

So the movie will probably be good, but I doubt it'll be as good as 1, 2 or 3.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also Shazam because I have no more hope for the DCEU.
Uhhh you realize that the trailers have shown that it quite literally goes in the opposite direction than almost every other DCEU movie by being funny and whacky with jokes right?
I understand not wanting to give Aquaman a chance though from what I hear it's actually really good but this?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Uhhh you realize that the trailers have shown that it quite literally goes in the opposite direction than almost every other DCEU movie by being funny and whacky with jokes right?
I understand not wanting to give Aquaman a chance though from what I hear it's actually really good but this?
Doesn't matter ever since the trainwreck that was Justice League. All faith I had in the DCEU is long gone. Still ain't getting my money.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Same here forgot to list that. Same with the other live-action Disney films which are all blatant cash grabs on nostalgia. Why can't Disney just re-release the original films in theaters? They did it with Lion King a few years back.

That said if I want to watch them I'll just watch the classics back at home.
Beauty and the Beast as well. That was actually how I realized that was my favorite Disney movie. I didn’t think nothing of it when I saw it as a kid but when I saw it in theaters years later, and since I went through certain experiences by that point, the messages resonated with me much stronger than they did before.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I genuinely enjoy the Despicable Me movies. People give Illumination a lot of flak for making either bad or mediocre movies that still make loads of money, which isn't entirely unjustified I suppose, but it's not like they completely devoid of quality. I'll defend Despicable Me as a film any day.

In regards to some certain Pixar films, I haven't seen Cars 3, but there's no way in hell it's as bad as Cars 2 was. I really didn't want Toy Story 4 to happen simply because I firmly believe that, as with pretty much everyone else has been saying, 3 would've been a PERFECT end to the trilogy (and was for several years...until the fourth one was announced) but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. Recalling some early interviews I had read, it seemed like the creators wanted to make it more to continue the story through ideas they came up with, rather than to make more money, and I can believe them. I just hope it works out, and that someway, somehow, this movie justifies it's existence, leaves it's own good impact, and really earns it's place as the fourth Toy Story film.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On a more positive note what are everyone's most anticipated films this year?

Mine are Avengers: Endgame, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Missing Link are easily among those.

Also look forward to Us and It: Chapter Two.

And so far How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is the best movie I've seen this year. Glad I actually gave it a chance. :)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
first it was game of thrones and i was like "eh but its aight"

and then this dude flossed

i didnt want him to be a 2010s 14 year old kid this hard goddamn

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Doesn't matter ever since the trainwreck that was Justice League. All faith I had in the DCEU is long gone. Still ain't getting my money.
So you're deadset on not giving money even if a movie is good now that they're taking time to make good movies because of prior bad movies? Ok I guess. Don't agree at all but whatever

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine being such an ignorant person hellbent against a company for having a shaky start

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On a more positive note what are everyone's most anticipated films this year?

Mine are Avengers: Endgame, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Missing Link are easily among those.

Also look forward to Us and It: Chapter Two.

And so far How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World is the best movie I've seen this year. Glad I actually gave it a chance. :)
I'm looking forward to King of the Monsters as well, still need to see Hidden World, and besides those I'm also personally looking forward to John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum and Detective Pikachu.

Year, there aren't many movies on my list this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom