• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
It's actually a parallel timeline where Sheldon never unlocked his psychic powers and thus Leonard never had any reason to murder his clan and monitor him.
Ah okay. I had a hunch that was the case. So if he doesn't have psychic powers, that must mean Sheldon was never blessed by the ancient god "Bazinga."

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Spider-Verse won. Black Panther better won Best Picture. And Infinity War better win best Special Effects. Just saying.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spider-Verse won. Black Panther better won Best Picture. And Infinity War better win best Special Effects. Just saying.
I hope either HTTYD:THW or Missing Link wins best animated feature next year. God forbid it being Toy Story 4 or Lion King which sadly might likely be the case...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope either HTTYD:THW or Missing Link wins best animated feature next year. God forbid it being Toy Story 4 or Lion King which sadly might likely be the case...
HtTYD 3 will destroy Missing Link. Missing Link looks pretty boring to me, but I should still give it a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
HtTYD 3 will destroy Missing Link. Missing Link looks pretty boring to me.
No hard feelings about it man. Different opinions after all is what makes the world a much more unique place.

Plus not everything is everyone's cup of tea. I enjoyed HTTYD3 but I've been looking much more forward to Missing Link due to being a fan of cryptozoology especially Bigfoot not to mention its being done by Laika whose done Kubo and the Two Strings.

I can tell you though HTTYD3 is easily a contender to make it into my top 10 list of favorite films this year. ;)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just played through every Pokemon region, from Kanto to Alola, over the last few months. Now that my Poke-Marathon is finished, I can sit here and cry until gen 8 is announced.

D

Deleted member

No hard feelings about it man. Different opinions after all is what makes the world a much more unique place.

Plus not everything is everyone's cup of tea. I enjoyed HTTYD3 but I've been looking much more forward to Missing Link due to being a fan of cryptozoology especially Bigfoot not to mention its being done by Laika whose done Kubo and the Two Strings.

I can tell you though HTTYD3 is easily a contender to make it into my top 10 list of favorite films this year. ;)
Wait, it is about cryptozoology? That makes it better.

Still, I am crossing my fingers for HtTYD 3 to win best animated feature of 2019.

I know HtTYD 3 is going to be better than Toy Story 4, lel.

I thought the Missing Link was just some dumb goofy adventure with an ape friend.

Also it is really windy out here.

Still, the Missing Link does not look fantastic.

D

Deleted member

Ah okay. I had a hunch that was the case. So if he doesn't have psychic powers, that must mean Sheldon was never blessed by the ancient god "Bazinga."
I think he knows of Bazinga though(not really following it as I'm not a fan of parallel universe ngl) but yeah, I think Bazinga doesn't unlock his powers for some reason.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All the animated films this year.

-The Lego Movie: The Second Part
-How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
-Wonder Park
-Missing Link
-UglyDolls
-The Secret Life of Pets 2
-Toy Story 4
-Wish Dragon
-The Angry Birds 2
-Spies in Disguise
-Abominable
-Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie
-Frozen 2

**** forgot there was Frozen 2. That might win best animated feature next year.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

-Wonder Park
-Missing Link
-UglyDolls
-Toy Story 4
-Wish Dragon
-The Angry Birds 2
-Spies in Disguise
-Abominable
-Frozen 2
There's also "Not Lego Movie", AKA Playmobil

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wanna know why the hell Universal and Nintendo went with Illumination for the Mario movie when they have a ****ing amazing studio in DreamWorks that constantly pumps out ****ing bangers. Enlighten me.

D

Deleted member

-Wonder Park
-Missing Link
-UglyDolls
-Toy Story 4
-Wish Dragon
-The Angry Birds 2
-Spies in Disguise
-Abominable
-Frozen 2

**** forgot there was Frozen 2. That might win best animated feature next year.
I just have a feeling that the Oscars are going to choose either Frozen 2 and Toy Story 4, because it is "Disney".
I am crossing my fingers for HtTYD: THW.

The SEcret Life of Pets 2 looks boring and bad, just like the first one was.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I wanna know why the hell Universal and Nintendo went with Illumination for the Mario movie when they have a ****ing amazing studio in DreamWorks that constantly pumps out ****ing bangers. Enlighten me.
I feel like Mario fits the Illumination style, pretty well, if you ask me. Can't say the same for Dreamworks.

Something's telling me they may look to Dreamworks to do something like Zelda, though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Green Book, huh? My brother's never gonna shut up about this one lol.
There goes my Vice bet.

Iridium

Smash Hero
They secretly (not secretly) wanted to make it a joke.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
DreamWorks would had been my preferred pick too.

Glad they didn't pick Pixar or Disney though because based on their modern trend on movies they tend to recycle and regurgitate the same damn tropes in movies most notably the pre-climax arguments and twist villains. I give DreamWorks credit on not doing that as I recall none of the Kung Fu Panda or How to Train Your Dragon movies did any of that.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I think he knows of Bazinga though(not really following it as I'm not a fan of parallel universe ngl) but yeah, I think Bazinga doesn't unlock his powers for some reason.
Huh. I'm way behind on the show's lore, but maybe in this universe Howard wields the power of Bazinga instead. He needs it to battle his perpetually offscreen mother after all. Meanwhile the other gods Bazooka and Zoboomafoo must decide who else in the cast is worthy of their powers.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Green Book, huh? My brother's never gonna shut up about this one lol.
There goes my Vice bet.
Y'all should be thankful Roma didn't win because I would have dabbed really hard.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
At least Nintendo is monitoring the Mario movie, so if they think it's bad, they'll cancel it.

unpopular opinion: Minions was good.

I actually think it'd be cool if Disney made movies for EarthBound and stuff, using their old animation style or doing some cool anime thing, but using designs based on the clay models/the Smash designs (in EarthBound's case) instead of completely new designs, and basing the movies' plots and dialogue mostly on the games' plots and dialogue instead of making huge changes.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Glad they didn't pick Pixar or Disney though because based on their modern trend on movies they tend to recycle and regurgitate the same damn tropes in movies most notably the pre-climax arguments and twist villains. I give DreamWorks credit on not doing that as I recall none of the Kung Fu Panda or How to Train Your Dragon movies did any of that.
You clearly never saw Boss Baby

It used both of those tropes to a T

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You clearly never saw Boss Baby

It used both of those tropes to a T
I know that DreamWorks some at times used it but I give them credit for not using it ALL. THE. GOD. DAMN. FREAKIN. TIME like how Disney and Pixar has been with all their movies lately.

Which is why I didn't enjoy Coco as much as I wanted to because I knew somewhat or somehow before it was revealed that Ernesto would be the Twist Villain and already guessed Hector was Miguel's great grandfather.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They should have went to Disney, Sony or DreamWorks.

If they went to Disney, we can expect a nice and fun Mario Movie.

If they went to Sony, they would probably Spider-Verse the Mario Movie, and I would love that.

If they went to DreamWorks, they would do fantastic.

Nintendo made a pretty big mistake, honestly.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They should have went to Disney, Sony or DreamWorks.

If they went to Disney, we can expect a nice and fun Mario Movie.
Oh hell naw. Disney maybe visually stunning and good with story telling but they resort to regurgitating and repeating tropes from previous films like the pre-climax argument or twist villain. Guarantee you they'd have those happening again. Ruins the enjoyment as you'll know what to expect and know who the Twist Villain will be before its revealed.

I'd much prefer DreamWorks. They've had it in some of their movies but they don't use it as much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all should be thankful Roma didn't win because I would have dabbed really hard.
At least it took a bunch of prizes home, way more than I expected.
Wasn't feeling too passionate on any of the nominees but I felt like Roma being a Netflix and foreign movie killed its chances in Hollywood U.S.A.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Unless Nintendo allows Disney to have a new villain, I just can't see Bowser being a twist villain.

Wouldn't even fit his character. I'm sure they wouldn't screw it up. In the case that Disney making a Nintendo movie actually becomes a thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think they went to Illumination is cause the Nintendo theme parks are being made by Universal and they want to strengthen that relationship, Illumination is owned by Universal Studios after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom