• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unless Nintendo allows Disney to have a new villain, I just can't see Bowser being a twist villain.

Wouldn't even fit his character. I'm sure they wouldn't screw it up.
But hey knowing Disney they'd find a way to recycle and regurgitate those tropes if Nintendo had chosen them. More the reason I'm glad they didn't choose them.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
But hey knowing Disney they'd find a way to recycle and regurgitate those tropes if Nintendo had chosen them.
It wouldn't work, anyway; everyone knows who Bowser is.

It'd be pure comedy at that point, Bowser trying to trick Mario. They'd have to start it off with Bowser wanting to change his ways, and then suddenly he kidnaps the princess halfway through the movie. Or earlier, because he's Bowser.

If they have a new villain, sure, but at least they could potentially throw a curveball.

What did you just say...
Minions was good :troll:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm certain if anyone had to choose between Minions and The Emoji Movie. They'd choose the former in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Minions actually was pretty okay, however it premiered when everyone was already tired of them.
They still work much better in small doses, but at least the movie wasn't an absolute mess as many would expect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm certain if anyone had to choose between Minions and The Emoji Movie. They'd choose the latter.
At least the Emoji Movie was so bad it's laughable which makes it have some Entertainment value if you treat the movie as such. It was so bad it was a meme at one point but with the Minions it was just so terrible. So yeah I totally agree with that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I feel like Mario fits the Illumination style, pretty well, if you ask me. Can't say the same for Dreamworks.

Something's telling me they may look to Dreamworks to do something like Zelda, though
I mean if the Captain Underpants movie was any indication, DreamWorks could’ve been flexible with their animation to for this movie.

Sony Pictures can do amazing things if they have extremely talented people involved (Arthur Christmas, Spiderverse, Hotel Transylvania, etc.)

Hell I’d even trust Blue Sky over Illumination to make this movie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hell I’d even trust Blue Sky over Illumination to make this movie.
Same here. They still make some decent movies like Epic, Peanuts and Ferdinand but otherwise Ice Age at this point...Not so much and they need to get the **** away from.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think they went to Illumination is cause the Nintendo theme parks are being made by Universal and they want to strengthen that relationship, Illumination is owned by Universal Studios after all.
Dude. Universal owns DreamWorks too. That's my whole point. Why ****ing Illumination when DreamWorks is RIGHT ****ING THERE!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I actually liked the Emoji Movie too.

My only problem with it is the rumor that they canceled the Popeye movie for it; you can find an official teaser (might've been a test animation but it was really good) for an animated Popeye movie on youtube.

Oh, and didn't Blue Sky make the Peanuts movie? I loved that movie.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Minions actually was pretty okay, however it premiered when everyone was already tired of them.
They still work much better in small doses, but at least the movie wasn't an absolute mess as many would expect.
I was more invested in the villain family than the minions. I think a movie around them would be pretty decent.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In terms of animated movies as a whole though. If I had to pick my favorite it would have to be The Brave Little Toaster followed by The Prince of Egypt.

They just don't make animated movies like those anymore...

D

Deleted member

Advanced Wars ( Switch 2019 )
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...
( I did not make this, I thought it looked cool. )

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
**** Ice Age 4 and 5. As far as I'm concerned the series ended at 3 for me. I will never forgive Blue **** Studios for *******izing the characters I once beloved being degraded into total buffoons resorting to pop culture references, fart jokes and toilet humor and acting like the first movie never happened.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, I don't watch the Oscar's cause they're usually a joke and this year wasn't all that bad. Still Green Book seems like one of those movies that'll just be forgotten later on and people will point to it winning an Oscar for the reason it's "a classic". I know the Oscar winners for Best Picture are almost NEVER known for being absolute classics and this year made that point even clearer.

I would've taken Bohemian Rhapsody, A Star is Born, or Black Panther but nope, Green Book. Vice was obvious oscar bait so I'm glad it didn't win but Green Book is just an eh movie overall.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The true loss of Nintendo not choosing Dreamworks is that Mario will not be canon in the Shrekverse.

D

Deleted member

I do not know if this is true or not, but doesn't Disney have problems with employees and stuff and is corrupt?
Tagging NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy , he knows the most about this.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I would've personally chosen DreamWorks too, tbh.

You can't ignore the studio that made Shrek, among other great animated movies as well as the Cat in the Hat movie.

While I do dream of an awesome animated scene with the EarthBound kids vs. Porky and Giygas, created by Disney, DreamWorks would be cool too.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
unpopular opinion: Minions was good.
Tater Tots

I actually think it'd be cool if Disney made movies for EarthBound and stuff, using their old animation style or doing some cool anime thing, but using designs based on the clay models/the Smash designs (in EarthBound's case) instead of completely new designs, and basing the movies' plots and dialogue mostly on the games' plots and dialogue instead of making huge changes.
A Mother movie? I was thinking about that as well before reading this.

So designs like these?

You want that?

D

Deleted member

The true loss of Nintendo not choosing Dreamworks is that Mario will not be canon in the Shrekverse.
and if Mario was canon in the Shrekverse we could've gotten Shrek in Smash! Dang it Nintendo why didn't you choose Dreamworks!?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I do not know if this is true or not, but doesn't Disney have problems with employees and stuff and is corrupt?
They're also hypocrites to boot. They have the nerve to fire Gunn for tasteless jokes he made a decade ago yet they keep wife beater Johnny Depp and Sarah Silverman (Voice of Vanellope von Schweetz) who made similar Tweets to him.

That's also not getting started with how the Disney name alone is hypocritical as the man named after it had unfavorable views towards black people and women.

Totally trying to protect that image amIriteorwut Disney!?

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wanna know why the hell Universal and Nintendo went with Illumination for the Mario movie when they have a ****ing amazing studio in DreamWorks that constantly pumps out ****ing bangers. Enlighten me.
Because as much as people complain about them, Illumination does bring in a lot of money with their movies. Minions for instance, as loathed as it is on here, brought in over 1 billion dollars in revenue, it's not surprising Nintendo would be interested in that. Additionally, Dreamworks may've been too expensive/busy to work on a Mario movie which could've made them less feasible, whereas Illumination is less costly and may've been more flexible with their workload.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Tater Tots

A Mother movie? I was thinking about that as well before reading this.

So designs like these?

You want that?
Yeah, maybe touched up a bit like the Smash designs, but yeah. Realistic-proportions could work, too; I just love their official designs, so I'd personally wanna see those if the movie is animated.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because as much as people complain about them, Illumination does bring in a lot of money with their movies. Minions for instance, as loathed as it is on here, brought in over 1 billion dollars in revenue, it's not surprising Nintendo would be interested in that. Additionally, Dreamworks may've been too expensive/busy to work on a Mario movie, which could've made them less feasible, whereas Illumination is less costly and may've been more flexible with their workload.
True, but Nintendo should have considered Disney or Sony.
Especially Disney. Doesn't Disney get a lot of money too?

D

Deleted member

I just played through every Pokemon region, from Kanto to Alola, over the last few months. Now that my Poke-Marathon is finished, I can sit here and cry until gen 8 is announced.
If it makes you feel better, I'm crying about Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing.

Not Metroid, though. Not anymore. Now I'm just empty inside! HahaHAHAHAhAhaHaHahAHaHAHa

Crazy_Pinkie_Pie_S1E25.png

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Disney itself is a very corrupt, very belligerent corporate entity and are often accused of cutting employees for the most minor details such as criticism against its operating environment. This results in MASSIVE shake ups in employees near endlessly. The only ones that usually survive are the higher higher ups.

It's subsidiaries are completely different. Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar, even Disney Animation all have a very specific set of values and always upholds them with the best intentions.

Sometimes ass hat Disney can get in the way if these well meaning subsidiaries though. Most recently when Lucasfilm fought back against Disney monetizing that Darth Vader fan film on YouTube which ended up working out. On the other hand James Gunn was fired from Marvel without any input from any of the creative heads at Disney or Marvel and was issued, almost certainly, solely for the fact that they were afraid of a drop in the stock prices. So, Disney? Not so great? It's subsidiaries are solid though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the other hand James Gunn was fired from Marvel without any input from any of the creative heads at Disney or Marvel and was issued, almost certainly, solely for the fact that they were afraid of a drop in the stock prices. So, Disney? Not so great? It's subsidiaries are solid though.
Which pisses me off because of how hypocritical that is.

The Disney name itself is as the man named after it had unfavorable views towards black people and women. That's also not getting started they at the same time keep Johnny Depp who was a wife beater and Sarah Silverman, voice of Vanellope von Schweetz whose made similar tweets to Gunn.

Soooo trying to protect that image huh Disney?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Disney itself is a very corrupt, very belligerent corporate entity and are often accused of cutting employees for the most minor details such as criticism against its operating environment. This results in MASSIVE shake ups in employees near endlessly. The only ones that usually survive are the higher higher ups.

It's subsidiaries are completely different. Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar, even Disney Animation all have a very specific set of values and always upholds them with the best intentions.

Sometimes *** hat Disney can get in the way if these well meaning subsidiaries though. Most recently when Lucasfilm fought back against Disney monetizing that Darth Vader fan film on YouTube which ended up working out. On the other hand James Gunn was fired from Marvel without any input from any of the creative heads at Disney or Marvel and was issued, almost certainly, solely for the fact that they were afraid of a drop in the stock prices. So, Disney? Not so great? It's subsidiaries are solid though.
The firing of James Gunn always felt off.

It would be like your boss telling you that you are fired, because you said mean things to a child in kindergarten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom