• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, those Oscars, huh? I heard that Bohemian Rhapsody won the most awards out of any film, so just a clear reminder Queen is best band forever.
Also Spider-Man: ITSP should've won best picture and some of the nominations for Best Picture were pretty dumb.

Other than that, I've been getting prepped for the first DLC pack by very slowly getting into Persona 5, just music for now, as I have certain gripes with the OST for Ultimate and wanna know what Persona 5 brings.

Listened to Rivers in the Desert.
...Jesus **** you guys weren't kidding about this game.

View attachment 194453
I think you need to mentally prepare yourself for the fact there won't be lyrics like with the Bayonetta songs

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
On a more positive note though. What are everyone's favorite superhero films? Mine would have to be the Guardians and Hellboy movies. If I had to pick out of the two though it'd be Guardians.
1. Spider-Man 1/2/3/Homecoming/Into the Spider-Verse (**** y’all I can have all of them in 1st place)
2. Avengers Infinity War/Civil War/Winter Soldier
3. Dark Knight/Under the Red Hood/Mask of the Phantasm
4. Wonder Woman
I think you need to mentally prepare yourself for the fact there won't be lyrics like with the Bayonetta songs
As a man who witnessed all of P5 though YouTube...I don’t accept Last Surprise having no lyrics at all (nor do I accept such a sadish ending)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Seeing someone bring up Batman and Robin reminded me. So back when I was playing Brawl in my college’s Game Club with my friends, I was playing :ulticeclimbers: and they were :ultyoshi:, I got my Final Smash and I decided to quote the “What killed the dinosaurs?” line but I accidentally mixed up the line and said “What killed the Ice Age? THE dinosaurs!!”. I pulled a Protonjon for those who’ve seen the Runaway Guys’s Castle Crashers LP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would you believe me if I told you it's not the most hardcore track in that game?
I don't know if I wanna know more, since I'm trying my best to also be spoiler free, if at any point the Switch port becomes a reality, so I wouldn't blame you if that's the case.

Hey. It's 50/50. We lucked out with Sonic and Calling into the Night is back, but then there's Bayonetta. I'm hoping for the former.

Also, speaking about Bayonetta, it still ****ing astounds me how Fly Me To The Moon (Climax Mix) hasn't been included at all. Probably more of a sin than Xenoblade 2's Counterattack because, well, it's literally the most iconic song out of the entire ****ing franchise.

God I hope they don't **** Persona 5 like Bayonetta did.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't know if I wanna know more, since I'm trying my best to also be spoiler free, if at any point the Switch port becomes a reality, so I wouldn't blame you if that's the case.

Hey. It's 50/50. We lucked out with Sonic and Calling into the Night is back, but then there's Bayonetta. I'm hoping for the former.

Also, speaking about Bayonetta, it still ****ing astounds me how Fly Me To The Moon (Climax Mix) hasn't been included at all. Probably more of a sin than Xenoblade 2's Counterattack because, well, it's literally the most iconic song out of the entire ****ing franchise.

I mean, Fly Me To The Moon is an actual song they'd need to get the licence for so that's not really crazy to why they didn't include it

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Isn’t Fly Me to the Moon a Frank Sintara song that they covered for the game?

EDIT: :ultgreninja:‘ed

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's a licensed song.

Anyway, Life Will Change sounds great without lyrics too, so at least there's that. I can live with no vocals as long as stuff like Will Power, Blooming Villain and Keeper of Lust is included.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given our talk about superhero films and Brie Larson playing Captain Marvel. I should note if any of you haven't heard she's said she'd like to play as Samus Aran if Metroid were to get a live-action movie.

Thought I'd share that for anyone that didn't know.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I mean, Fly Me To The Moon is an actual song they'd need to get the licence for so that's not really crazy to why they didn't include it
Isn’t Fly Me to the Moon a Frank Sintara song that they covered for the game?

EDIT: :ultgreninja:‘ed
I mean it's in there. Just instrumental.
Wait a minute...

Do those songs just sound that damn similar?
Edit:
Well, yeah guess so.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a licensed song.

Anyway, Life Will Change sounds great without lyrics too, so at least there's that. I can live with no vocals as long as stuff like Will Power, Blooming Villain and Keeper of Lust is included.
Hey, they got Sonic on board, and no copyright laws in existence can stop him, so I'm sure there's a way. ****, this would also mean Moon River wouldn't get in either, too, right.

finally an excuse to post my stolen queen memes and also be on topic simultaneously

View attachment 194454
We about to become MusicBoards if this keeps up.

I like it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Given our talk about superhero films and Brie Larson playing Captain Marvel. I should note if any of you haven't heard she's said she'd like to play as Samus Aran if Metroid were to get a live-action movie.

Thought I'd share that for anyone that didn't know.
Interesting, might depend on what direction they go if that happens. I’d think Charlize Theron would also make a good Samus.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So have ya all heard of Brightburn?

Its basically a horror movie if Superman had always been naturally evil.

Last edited:

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Oh no I’m late to the superhero movie talk.

Re: Aquaman

I dunno if it was something to do with my theatre’s sound system, but that already overlong movie became almost insufferable with the Constant Bombardment of Deafening Noise. Like wow, Infinity War was a big movie but even it had its quiet moments and didn’t get its dialogue lost in blaring orchestra.

I’m almost positive it’s contributed to my tinnitus.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I very much look forward to Brightburn. I love the idea if Superman had always been naturally evil since birth.

One thing I hope for this movie is they keep the reason for being sent as mystery that way it lets you decide.

1. Vanguard of an alien invasion having been sent to destroy civilization so by the time they arrive humanity will be too weak to fight back.
2. Tradition that his species does with their children. Sending them to other planets to take over.
3. His parents knew what he would become and so sent him to another planet to prevent him from destroying theirs.

Also as unlikely as it is I kind of hope overtime as he starts showing his sinister ways. His appearance degrades more into an alien like appearance say insectoid or reptilian along with sharp teeth.

I'm also hoping it ends in an downbeat which I think this is a movie where such an ending IMO would work where he destroys civilization as we know it. I want no matter how hard his parents try to love and help him try to change his ways he's always going to be evil. Nature beating nurture.

I just hope there's no dogs in it that gets killed otherwise off my watch list of movies this year it goes...

Last edited:

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
Why not both?

what the **** these are amazing how have i not heard of these before. yo @TotsBS look at dis
You know this is funny to me because an irl friend of mine absolutely loathes everything about Queen SOLELY because Bohemian Rhapsody's always the number one on the charts. He also thinks taunting in Smash should be a crime punishable by SD
imagine having friends that dont like queen

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
“What killed the dinosaurs?” line but I accidentally mixed up the line and said “What killed the Ice Age? THE dinosaurs!!”
Man, history would be way more rad that way. The Ice Age just makes everything suck, and then the dinosaurs come in and just put a stop to that bull****

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Friends (are we that?), can I get some of your valued input on this? It’s a muscle study of a basic creature I’m designing, and I’m working on a version with all the skin and fluff. I’m considering Big Fluff on the neck similar to a roan antelope; any thoughts or preferred ideas?
273CAAEB-5D3F-4F69-A8BE-EA9327CE951F.jpeg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean it's in there. Just instrumental.
Wait a minute...

Do those songs just sound that damn similar?
Edit:
Well, yeah guess so.
That's not Fly Me To the Moon though, that's Mysterious Destiny, an original song:
This only makes waiting for Bayo 3 to release hurt more

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wanna know why the hell Universal and Nintendo went with Illumination for the Mario movie when they have a ****ing amazing studio in DreamWorks that constantly pumps out ****ing bangers. Enlighten me.
Because we gotta suffer every once in a while.

Can't wait for Owen Wilson Luigi and Peach voice by that lady who voices Mabel.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Friends (are we that?), can I get some of your valued input on this? It’s a muscle study of a basic creature I’m designing, and I’m working on a version with all the skin and fluff. I’m considering Big Fluff on the neck similar to a roan antelope; any thoughts or preferred ideas?
Neck fluff is always appreciated.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I might be late but Gen 8 of Pokemon might have VR. In all japanese though.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Consider the following.

. Humans never exist.
. Thus, Shigeru miyamoto never exists.
. Meaning Yoshi never exists.
Yoshi wasn't created by Miyamoto. He was always there, lurking in the collective unconciousness, waiting for humans to uncover him.

If there are no humans, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom