• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

oh hey spiderverse won best animated feature

not like i give two ****s about the oscars anymore but it's pretty neat

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I know it is not a leak or related to your topic but apparently Pokemon Gen 8 might have VR capacity. Could just be nothing but its worth a look though.

I mean this guy appears to be doing something with Switch in....his head?? Switch VR confirmed??

Also... You guys are right. I am getting tired of those 4chan posts.
Pokemon Prime, lol

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
oh hey spiderverse won best animated feature

not like i give two ****s about the oscars anymore but it's pretty neat
I'm still baffled that this was a film, from the same studio that graced us with the Emoji Movie, a couple years back...

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Missed the film discussion but am unironically looking forward to the Sonic the Hedgehog movie as it looks like it's going to be a glorious trainwreck

D

Deleted member

Honestly Miles Morales in Spiderverse is my favorite portrayal of Spider-Man in film to date

osby

Smash Obsessed
I never bothered with that animated Spider Man movie tbh.
Maybe you should if you like superhero movies, it was pretty impressive in pretty much every way, even though I have some issues about the second part.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Pokemon Prime, lol
Um, I don't understand?
I mean... lately 4chan has been filled with fake leaks and this time I'm running thin of patience. It's not even funny anymore, it's getting annoying now.

Also, I'm out of the loop about this film discussion. What is the name of the film and what are we discussing/what's happening?

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Not sure if I’ll be seeing Captain Marvel. I like what I see but overall it does look kinda generic and not really too interesting or dynamic. Seems like a movie i’d watch the torrent of instead of catch in theaters. But than again Ant-Man 2 had that same problem to a worse degree and I watched it anyway (liked it just as much as I expected, so not much) so who knows.

Also I can’t believe BP is an Oscar film now. Like that movie was great but I don’t even think it was the year’s best MCU film.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I haven't been interested in watching Marvel movies in years...
Actually, I think I remember watching a Marvel movie or two, but it was disappointing to me. Most Marvel movies lately have been mostly generic 'save the world' story, and that's why I don't see Marvel movies a lot.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's probably just me, but I feel like the MCU movies end up feeling kinda empty... As if they're are mechanically built to just make as much money as possible...

I've seen a couple of the films, like Avengers, and such. They're good movies, but I really don't get the massive hype surrounding them, tbh...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Alright, I guess.

I don't think it looks particuarly good when compaired to previous Marvel titles. Plus, there's also the fact that I don't reallky like Brie Larson, Captain Marvel's actress, so yeah. Think I might pass on this one.
That's fair. I'm mainly watching it both because it's bound to be good (I don't think there's ever been a bad MCU movie in recent years) and also she's probably gonna play a huge part in Endgame. The second point is fair too, IDK what's wrong with Brie but I'm pretty close to not watching GotG Vol. 3 since Chris Pratt apparently goes to a homophobic church now

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I haven't been interested in watching Marvel movies in years...
tbh I'm completely burnt out on superhero movies in general, given how often they're being released

Though I did see X-Men First Class on tv the other day and quite enjoyed it

D

Deleted member

The whole MCU franchise is what killed super hero movies for me.

Feels like it's a goshdarn TV series now, and missing out on a single movie (that's placed in a vague chronological order because of the movie titles) means I won't get certain plot points, and I won't buy a ton of movies just for the newest one to make sense in the theater.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

Feels like it's a goshdarn TV series now, and missing out on a single movie (that's placed in a vague chronological order because of the movie titles) means I won't get certain plot points, and I won't buy a ton of movies just for the newest one to make sense in the theater.
Well, we can go back to watch old Marvel movies and having an aching feeling - missing the old times when the characters weren't actually in a CROSSOVER. Honestly, if I wanted to see hero movies, I'd rather watch anime instead

I'm saying my opinion, but safe to say that the 3D animation is a little bad, okay-ish at best, but having to link all of the movies just makes it worse. At least KH3 does this better... What I mean is, in KH3 you can rewatch past movies/videos to get some familiarity with the KH series, since all of the games have at least a connection to the sequel (Even secret endings are canon. Glaring at you, Nomura, for that Verus Rex secret ending).

But the MCU franchise/movies just throws you right off the bat to the universe and you're getting MORE confusion. And in turn it's turning peoples away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, that's not super true. For Infinity War, assuming you already have a basic understanding of the characters (Thor is the lightning god dude, Iron Man is the rich guy who built a cool suit, etc etc) the only movie you really need to watch is Thor: Ragnarok. Maybe Civil War too. And even then they kinda explain what you NEED to know in dialogue.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I mean, that's not super true. For Infinity War, assuming you already have a basic understanding of the characters (Thor is the lightning god dude, Iron Man is the rich guy who built a cool suit, etc etc) the only movie you really need to watch is Thor: Ragnarok. Maybe Civil War too. And even then they kinda explain what you NEED to know in dialogue.
Still, even if that statement about Infinity War is true, it's still a little bad that the whole MCU franchise and having to watch ALL movies in chronical order to understand the plot is killing the hero movies off and turning off peoples, who won't understand well because they are thrown immediately into the universe WITHOUT any clear explaination.
Marvel needs to provide a disc/do something about this, something akin to Kingdom Hearts 3.

D

Deleted member

Still, even if that statement about Infinity War is true, it's still a little bad that the whole MCU franchise and having to watch ALL movies in chronical order to understand the plot is killing the hero movies off and turning off peoples, who won't understand well because they are thrown immediately into the universe WITHOUT any clear explaination.
Marvel needs to provide a disc/do something about this, something akin to Kingdom Hearts 3.
But again, you don't really need to watch all the movies at all. You can get off with watching the biggest, most convoluted, craziest team up MCU movie without even watching the first ~13 movies. You can easily jump into it after some initial confusion.

But yeah, having a small disc or recap could be helpful

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
But again, you don't really need to watch all the movies at all. You can get off with watching the biggest, most convoluted, craziest team up MCU movie without even watching the first ~13 movies. You can easily jump into it after some initial confusion.

But yeah, having a small disc or recap could be helpful
You're right though. Thanks for the reply.

In all seriousness though you guys just missed that Nintendo announced a Pokemon direct. Finally. https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/702463689471864832

D

Deleted member

Already listing 2 movies I'll need to watch to get invested on what's going on, and we also gotta mention Spiderman: Homecoming where Stark and Peter's relationship is being set up, I have NO idea if Ragnarok is the first Thor movie or not, and what if I don't have an interest in watching a movie that assumedly is based on Iron Man and Captain America's petty personal squabbles?

Nah, I'll pass. They may be able to stand on their own in terms of entertainment value alone, but the sequel setup is way too tedious for me to want to invest time in.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
D

Deleted member

Already listing 2 movies I'll need to watch to get invested on what's going on, and we also gotta mention Spiderman: Homecoming where Stark and Peter's relationship is being set up, I have NO idea if Ragnarok is the first Thor movie or not, and what if I don't have an interest in watching a movie that assumedly is based on Iron Man and Captain America's petty personal squabbles?

Nah, I'll pass. They may be able to stand on their own in terms of entertainment value alone, but the sequel setup is way too tedious for me to want to invest time in.
Yeah but you don't really need to watch Homecoming. You can pretty easily tell through dialogue that "oh Spider-Man and Iron Man are friends and it looks like Iron Man cares a lot about Spidey". When Thor is talking to Rocket, he basically explains the entire plot of Ragnorok and his backstory as a whole. And with Civil War you can still tell that "oh looks like the Avengers are split up in this movie" from when Tony refuses to call Cap in the beginning. They pretty much explain everything you need to know

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pokemon: Virtual Reality and Pokemon: Augmented Reality coming 2019
The third version, Pokemon: Real Reality, is coming in 2020. Ecological experts fear the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom