• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah but you don't really need to watch Homecoming. You can pretty easily tell through dialogue that "oh Spider-Man and Iron Man are friends and it looks like Iron Man cares a lot about Spidey". When Thor is talking to Rocket, he basically explains the entire plot of Ragnorok and his backstory as a whole. And with Civil War you can still tell that "oh looks like the Avengers are split up in this movie" from when Tony refuses to call Cap in the beginning. They pretty much explain everything you need to know
I may know, but with their relationship not being set up in the same movie where it ends tragically, how am I as a viewer supposed to care about it?
There is probably an answer to that or whatever, but I'm not willing to gamble the money to find out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah... I still see nothing
Dammit Shaggy for not letting my beauty show
oh hey spiderverse won best animated feature

not like i give two ****s about the oscars anymore but it's pretty neat
Spider-Man and Black Panther are the only reasons I gave a **** about the Oscars this year...that and Chris Evans being a real hero once more
Incredibles 2 should have just won every award at show, it was the best movie of the year and honestly just the greatest film of all time tbh
DC792E77-0791-496D-9DB6-B56317C1B544.jpeg
no
I'm still baffled that this was a film, from the same studio that graced us with the Emoji Movie, a couple years back...
Sony knows better to not **** up their top movie money maker (again)
I never bothered with that animated Spider Man movie tbh.
But the MCU franchise/movies just throws you right off the bat to the universe and you're getting MORE confusion. And in turn it's turning peoples away.
Nothing about the MCU timeline should be confusing anyone (if the tv shows were added in...sure...), and I definitely don’t see many people being turned away. Instead I see more people enjoying
Yeah but you don't really need to watch Homecoming. You can pretty easily tell through dialogue that "oh Spider-Man and Iron Man are friends and it looks like Iron Man cares a lot about Spidey". When Thor is talking to Rocket, he basically explains the entire plot of Ragnorok and his backstory as a whole. And with Civil War you can still tell that "oh looks like the Avengers are split up in this movie" from when Tony refuses to call Cap in the beginning. They pretty much explain everything you need to know
Homecoming sets up the Spider-Verse in the MCU and Aunt Bae’s...babeness...while also hinting at Infinity War (how Stark would feel if Peter were to die), so...YOU NEED ****ING TO WATCH HOMECOMING!!!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I see you never saw this video...
Actually, I saw and remember this video! It's about Shaggy provoking the bandit holding him, and then starting to punch and kick those bandits to get the trophy for a certain girl, and then after finishing off all those bandits a man coming up to 'compliment' him. Right?

I was just saying it now, since I noticed that there has been a lot of those words about it. I do know this video, but I didn't know it would become a meme... and it surface only recently when a mod for Shaggy character was made for Jump Force.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

“Wah ha ha ha!!! foolish knight there’s only room for one treasure hunter around here wah!!!”
B204B53D-5703-46C7-A562-DF513EB5A586.jpeg

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Actually, I saw and remember this video! It's about Shaggy provoking the bandit holding him, and then starting to punch and kick those bandits to get the trophy for a certain girl, and then after finishing off all those bandits a man coming up to 'compliment' him. Right?

I was just saying it now, since I noticed that there has been a lot of those words about it. I do know this video, but I didn't know it would become a meme... and it surface only recently when a mod for Shaggy character was made for Jump Force.
I remember the video first coming out, and thinking to myself, "Man, this is hilarious. I wish this got more attention", little did I know that about a year later, the meme would resurface and become bigger than ever.
Anyways, guys. Pack it up, there won't be a Pokemon Gen 8 announcement this time, as there's going to be a new trailer of Detective Pikaaaaaaachu... /s

I swear, the more I see of this movie, the more I'm intrigued...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I remember the video first coming out, and thinking to myself, "Man, this is hilarious. I wish this got more attention", little did I know that about a year later, the meme would resurface and become bigger than ever.

I swear, the more I see of this movie, the more I'm intrigued...
One of the many reasons why the Scooby-Doo franchise is unable to die

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A new Detective Pikachu trailer would be cool imo. What if they wait for screenings of the movie to reveal gen 8 for some reason?
I wouldn't be surprised if they at least sneak in a Gen 8 Pokemon, for funsies

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So my tournament went horribly wrong.

But I learned (I hope) so my next project Will be more timezone-friendly.

I want to use more stages, but not the ridiculous ones.
That sweetspot between "Competitive" and "Fun" where you can still have serious matches without being stuck to the same stages over and over again.

Proudly presenting the dumbest stagelist ever:
The Wacky Stages Invitational

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Still, even if that statement about Infinity War is true, it's still a little bad that the whole MCU franchise and having to watch ALL movies in chronical order to understand the plot is killing the hero movies off and turning off peoples, who won't understand well because they are thrown immediately into the universe WITHOUT any clear explaination.
Marvel needs to provide a disc/do something about this, something akin to Kingdom Hearts 3.
The MCU is well connected, but not that well connected; Harry Potter/LotR/Star Wars/F&F they are not. If you know the characters to begin with, these are adaptations after all, you'll probably be fine skipping certain movies or, if you don't know the characters, why would you watch a sequel anyway? I was fine watching Avengers & Winter Soldier without having seen Hulk or Captain America as I knew the characters, I just got more out of them upon rewatch once I saw the previous films. Except for Endgame for obvious reasons, most of the stories are fairly standalone with post credits being the largest connecting factor between each film.

IDK I agree there is probably an oversaturation within Hollywood right now, especially in terms of how often they're being released, but in terms of substance I disagree. Super Hero films haven't burnt out because they often touch upon different themes, subjects, and genres, but above all else, are well made blockbusters. Ex. Each Captain America film.

If you don't know origins, in terms of plot specifically you can probably skip these: Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 3, Spider Man Homecoming, Black Panther,

D

Deleted member

Not really all that fun fact, I watched Infinity War without watching a single MCU movie prior, and I understood everything fine. It’s not that complicated.

D

Deleted member

MCU is a good and fun idea but it's also not the most sustainable for newer viewers or those who just want one specific thing. If you need supplementary material to understand a movie that's not a sequel or pequel, you're doing something wrong. It's the exact problem comics face, the only difference is that the MCU has a much better archive but it still is stupid that I won't understand a Spider-Man movie if I didn't watch an Iron Man one.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
inb4 Atlus turns out to be sTiNgY, so they only allow one song
you joke but i give it a solid 25% chance that life will change (instrumental) is the only song we get

we probably only have two FF7 songs because the 3DS needs at least two

osby

Smash Obsessed
you joke but i give it a solid 25% chance that life will change (instrumental) is the only song we get

You're being unnecessarily pessimistic. Persona doesn't have the same music issues with Final Fantasy.

At worst, we'll get five or six tracks.

D

Deleted member

I may not like all of the MCU, but it’s definitely on the better end of super hero movies in general I’d say. There’s definitely plenty of movies within it you can skip over though.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Anyways, guys. Pack it up, there won't be a Pokemon Gen 8 announcement this time, as there's going to be a new trailer of Detective Pikaaaaaaachu... /s

Even better. Seriously, I'm hyped for this movie like you wouldn't believe. I REALLY want Nintendo to try this again with Pokemon and other franchises.

I mean, I certainly won't rule out the possibility to avoid getting disappointed, but I don't think it'll be an issue.

If it makes you feel any more comfortable, they hired most of the VAs (English ones included) to voice that reveal trailer. Clearly they can't be as bad as SE and FF.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You're being unnecessarily pessimistic. Persona doesn't have the same music issues with Final Fantasy.

broke: 1 persona 5 instrumental track
woke: 9 persona 5 instrumental tracks
bespoke: 14 persona 5 tracks with instrumental and vocal versions
masterstroke: 34 persona tracks from all 5 games

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Here’s the thing about saying “at worst” I could say at worst it would have 0 tracks because “at worst” just has to have a over 0 chance. Maybe a 0.05 Scientific Method P- value or something should be used. Or maybe I’m just thinking too much about a short, not literal phrase.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Tbh I just want a cursed Yu Narukami Mii costume.

Also all the packs have “a few” tracks so at worst we’d end up with 2. I doubt it tho

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I won't understand a Spider-Man movie if I didn't watch an Iron Man one.
What? All you need to know about Iron Man before you watch Homecoming is that he's rich, he has a cool suit and he made Peter's suit, all of which is told to you in the movie. Even the Chitauri stuff, which is a bit confusing to those who didn't watch the first Avengers, is aptly explained: aliens invaded NYC, Avengers stopped them, and now their tech is all over the place. Homecoming is one of the most standalone MCU movies.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here’s the thing about saying “at worst” I could say at worst it would have 0 tracks because “at worst” just has to have a over 0 chance. Maybe a 0.05 Scientific Method P- value or something should be used. Or maybe I’m just thinking too much about a short, not literal phrase.
If we are being literal, every fighter has to come with a few tracks, so I guess that'd make two the lowest amount of tracks we can possibly get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom