• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, I decided to buy Jump Force just to see if it really was that lackluster.

It was. It really kinda was. It is the most basic anime game I've ever played in my life.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, is the gameplay for Jump Force good at least?
Vegeta Laugh.gif

Jump Force? Good?

It's pretty button mashy-on top of glitchy from what I hear.

There's other anime games if you wan't some kind of depth though. Super DBZ, DBFZ, Capcom's Jojo. Even Budokai 3 and JJBA All Star Battle to a lesser extent.

D

Deleted member

So, is the gameplay for Jump Force good at least?
I mean, if you don't mind mashing the Square and Triangle buttons all day long while occasional holding the trigger button to execute special attacks that may or may not have super armor, then I guess you're good.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
So, I decided to buy Jump Force just to see if it really was that lackluster.

It was. It really kinda was. It is the most basic anime game I've ever played in my life.
Watching any type of gameplay for Jump Force reminded me a lot of J-Stars Victory VS and just how glitchy and unbalanced these Shonen Jump games could be, haha~

So I learned my lesson to never get any where near those Shonen Jump anime beat them ups. Never again!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why would I play Jump Force when I can play DBFZ and have a team of Krillin, Yamcha, and Videl beat up Beerus, god of destruction, destroyer of worlds.

D

Deleted member

It makes me hella sad when Sword Art Online of all things is in a better crossover fighting game than ones Hunter X Hunter and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure are in.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
It kinda mystifies me when people say they play Smash by only mashing buttons. Like, compared to Street Fighter, it's 10x simpler. There's two attack buttons, and all that affects them is the direction of the stick. You can easily learn how to rise above button mashing in two or three games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It kinda mystifies me when people say they play Smash by only mashing buttons. Like, compared to Street Fighter, it's 10x simpler. There's two attack buttons, and all that affects them is the direction of the stick. You can easily learn how to rise above button mashing in two or three games.
I button mash because whenever I play against someone I panic :laugh:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why would I play Jump Force when I can play DBFZ and have a team of Krillin, Yamcha, and Videl beat up Beerus, god of destruction, destroyer of worlds.
Because the Jump games are Weekly Shonen Jump's answer to Super Smash Bros.! :grin:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
8 Year Old me would consider this a paradise
Fair enough.

Though Jump Ultimate Stars brought that HEAT back in the day. Wish it got a US release. It's been the only JPN game I imported.

So are there any redeeming qualities Jump Force has?
You can make your own character if I'm not mistaken. But from a gameplay, story and visual standpoint, it leaves much to be desired. I don't know if the soundtrack is good or not though. It might still be fun to play with a friend or family member, but most fighters are on a surface level.

Double K

Smash Lord
I had a revelation that completely makes the entire premise of Shield Hero buying a slave moot

How do you **** up making a fantasy story so hard that one of its core selling points falls flat with a bit of thinking

So would my cousin.

For some reason he's really capable of twitchy, fast movements. Button mashing is his forte.
Less distance for your brain to send and receive input to the fingers

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Because even that level of complexity is too much for some people.

Most people play games where there is only one attack button- left mouse button.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still question why Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars hasn't happened yet...

Mario vs. Goku

Link vs. Naruto

Kirby vs. Luffy

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what's funny? I once saw someone legit say "Watch this accidentaly become competitve like Smash did." in regards to Jump Force.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
The other funny thing about that is that, if you’re *really* button mashing, it hurts you much more than in Street Fighter since Street Fighter doesn’t have bottomless pits that KO you instantly if you use an incorrect input while over them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, sony's is PSASBR, but that doesn't make it... good.
I'd be willing to say that PSASBR is a bit better that Jump Force. Again, JUS was the BEST Smash clone. It even has Marvel Style assists.

I still question why Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars hasn't happened yet...

Mario vs. Goku

Link vs. Naruto

Kirby vs. Luffy
It'd cost a lot of money.

Though personally, I'd want a Marvel vs Jump game, since they're both comic book companies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Because even that level of complexity is too much for some people.

Most people play games where there is only one attack button- left mouse button.
Perhaps. I think it's more so that the people who say that aren't really fans of fighting games in the first place, but are probably roped into playing it at some party or other social event where it's being played, and they're not interested in actually learning the game or playing it again of their own volition. So they can say that they "play" Smash, or have played it, but still don't understand it because the context of when they played it wasn't in a focused setting.

Like when Achievement Hunter plays Smash. None of those guys care about Smash, if they even care about Nintendo at all, and they're only playing it for a video or event or something, and it's clear who's actually put any amount of time into the game.

D

Deleted member

Arc Systems would be the best canidate for a Jump fighting game, or French Bread. Anyone but Spike. Spike needs to stick to visual novels and dungeon crawlers.

D

Deleted member

Jump makes more money than Marvel and DC with their prints and their movies do comparatively well in the domestic market on a consistent basis.
I should've rephrased to say "make money with video games outside of Dragon Ball and Naruto games." My b.
Though personally, I'd want a Marvel vs Jump game, since they're both comic book companies.
That would be a game I'd pre-order. Hiei vs Venom? Let's go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'd be willing to say that PSASBR is a bit better that Jump Force. Again, JUS was the BEST Smash clone. It even has Marvel Style assists.

It'd cost a lot of money.

I made a roster for just such a game actually!!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 194137

Jump Force? Good?

It's pretty button mashy-on top of glitchy from what I hear.

There's other anime games if you wan't some kind of depth though. Super DBZ, DBFZ, Capcom's Jojo. Even Budokai 3 and JJBA All Star Battle to a lesser extent.
The only Dragonball fighting game I own is the ancient one for PS2. I think it’s Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2. Haven’t played it in years.
I never did unlock that fusion ability. . :(

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My favorite rivalry of all for a Smash vs. Jump game would be :ultkrool:vs. Blackbeard

Theme: Evil Pirates

The captains of pirates who despite their overweight appearances are physical powerhouses.

Another would be :ultridley:vs. Frieza

Theme: Genocidal Aliens

Malevolent and sadistic aliens who takes great pleasure in killing others and genociding races and planets in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom