• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double K

Smash Lord
I should've rephrased to say "make money with video games outside of Dragon Ball and Naruto games." My b.

That would be a game I'd pre-order. Hiei vs Venom? Let's go.
Domestically, Jump games make a lot of money and the One Piece games actually sell quite well domestically and decently in Europe

D

Deleted member

Also, can I just say how piss poor the soundtrack for Jump Force is. Marvel Nemisis had a better soundtrack, and that's saying something.

Double K

Smash Lord
My favorite rivalry of all for a Smash vs. Jump game would be :ultkrool:vs. Blackbeard

Theme: Evil Pirates

The captains of pirates who despite their overweight appearances are physical powerhouses.

Another would be :ultridley:vs. Frieza

Theme: Genocidal Aliens

Malevolent and sadistic aliens who takes great pleasure in killing others and genociding races and planets in the process.
Hey now

Frieza is a short man who wants to be 5 centimeters taller so he can look like he is still growing naturally

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The lack of Lara Croft, Spyro and Crash really hurt PSASBR. Also having Don'te instead of Dante. I think if they tried again and kept the roster initially smaller but with decent "star power", they'd do well. Basically less reliance on guys like Big Daddy or Fat Princess who don't exactly scream "Playstation Legacy". Isaac from Dead Space is cool, but I don't think he's synonymous with the PS systems. And if you're gonna add multiple characters from a series someone more memorable than GoW's version of Zeus would be ideal.

PS1 Era - Crash, Lara, Spyro, Dart, Sir Dan, Parappa, Sweet Tooth, Heihachi, Jill Valentine
PS2 Era - Ratchet, Sly, Jak, Kratos, Dante, Raiden
PS3 Era - Nathan Drake, Kat, Joel/Ellie(basically Ice Climbers), Cole
PS4 Era - Knack BAYBEEE, Beard Kratos

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The lack of Lara Croft, Spyro and Crash really hurt PSASBR. Also having Don'te instead of Dante. I think if they tried again and kept the roster initially smaller but with decent "star power", they'd do well. Basically less reliance on guys like Big Daddy or Fat Princess who don't exactly scream "Playstation Legacy". Isaac from Dead Space is cool, but I don't think he's synonymous with the PS systems. And if you're gonna add multiple characters from a series someone more memorable than GoW's version of Zeus would be ideal.

PS1 Era - Crash, Lara, Spyro, Dart, Sir Dan, Parappa, Sweet Tooth, Heihachi, Jill Valentine
PS2 Era - Ratchet, Sly, Jak, Kratos, Dante, Raiden
PS3 Era - Nathan Drake, Kat, Joel/Ellie(basically Ice Climbers), Cole
PS4 Era - Knack BAYBEEE, Beard Kratos
Now to be fair, the PS4 didn't exactly exist.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, can I just say how piss poor the soundtrack for Jump Force is. Marvel Nemisis had a better soundtrack, and that's saying something.
Marvel Nemesis is dumb fun, but the soundtrack is bland.

At least it gave us Spider-Man's "You know what we call that? A Web-Slingin' Ass Kickin'!" And Venom's "You? You don't stand a chance!"

Now to be fair, the PS4 didn't exactly exist.
Oh, that was for if they ever try another crossover fighting game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just to have more fun.

:ultpit:vs. Pegasus Seiya

Theme: Gods Chosen Champions

Divine heroes chosen by their gods to protect those in need.

:ultness:vs. Gon Freecss

Theme: Adventurous happy-go-lucky kids

Kids who enjoys the thrill of adventure while worrying very little about danger.

:ultwario:vs. Gintoki Sakata

Theme: Greedy lovable founders

CEOS who happens to be greedy but at the same time lovable.

:ultpokemontrainer:vs. Yami Yugi/Yugi Moto

Theme: Summoners

Trainers who summons their monsters to do battle for them.

:ultmetaknight:vs. Kenpachi Zaraki

Theme: Honorable Rivals

Rivals who at the same time shows those a code of honor.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Gone are the days of us getting imaginative catchy tunes like MvC3's Hawkeye and in are the days of cinematic filler tracks with absolutely zero substance... like MvCI Hawkeye.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're adding more obscure characters to a Sony crossover game, Aya Brea and Raziel would be good choices.

Gone are the days of us getting imaginative catchy tunes like MvC3's Hawkeye and in are the days of cinematic filler tracks with absolutely zero substance... like MvCI Hawkeye.
Don't remind me. MVCI Spider-Man and Venom tracks are...okay-ish? Like they sound like Ultimate Spider-Man music that's not AS good(Now THAT's how you do a "Cinematic" OST while still having some rock and techno thrown in). And the Orchestral versions of Classic Spider-Man and Cap's themes are good. But the rest are trash.

Except Ghost Rider. Somehow his theme is better.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Valve rep, when? :V

Seriously though, unlikely as it is, I'm convinced that any TF2 class would make for a hilariously badass fighter in Ultimate.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ah, but the gameplay was average. Not necessarily the game itself. . :troll:

Sentinel was weird and fun to play.
Well, I disagree.
The game's fun as hell, especially once you start figuring out how broken some of the **** you can do with the characters are.
Doesn't make it particularly balanced, but it was definitely fun.

Well, everything barring Dark Phoenix and her goddamn everything.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Let's say the next Smash game adds another surprise character, and this time it's a Pokémon; who do you think would be the best option? Try to think of one who would have a unique and realizable moveset.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Let's say the next Smash game adds another surprise character, and this time it's a Pokémon; who do you think would be the best option? Try to think of one who would have a unique and realizable moveset.
GARCHOMP:

FOR GOD'S SAKE, HE'S A LAND-SHARK-DRAGON.
IT'S THE COOLEST MON EVER.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Sceptile or Blaziken play kind of like they do in Pokken. They'd be pretty sick. A Bruce Lee/Law with a bit of Paul Phoenix, Ryu, and Bruce Irvin thrown in or a Grass type with a couple Yoshimitsu attacks.

GARCHOMP:

FOR GOD'S SAKE, HE'S A LAND-SHARK-DRAGON.
IT'S THE COOLEST MON EVER.
Oh yeah, him too. Pokken even makes him like Bryan Fury, crazy laugh and all.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If Sceptile or Blaziken play kind of like they do in Pokken. They'd be pretty sick. A Bruce Lee/Law with a bit of Paul Phoenix, Ryu, and Bruce Irvin thrown in or a Grass type with a couple Yoshimitsu attacks.

Oh yeah, him too. Pokken even makes him like Bryan Fury, crazy laugh and all.
Pokken Garchomp is absolutely hilarious in how unabashadly it steals from Bryan Fury and Tekken.

I don't mind though, makes for some pretty sick as hell Pokemon moves.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Speaking of Tekken, I was recently informed that Jin's name is a pun because the Mishima family trait is the Devil Gene

... Devil Jin

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I saw those videos a while ago. Crazy how Decidueye got Hwoarang's Hunting Hawk.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Personally, I'm still waiting for Pangoro to make it to Pokken with moves stolen from Miguel.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
We have a Tekken themed Pokémon fighting game, which is cool, but what we really need is a Soul Calibur themed Fire Emblem fighting game.

Soul Emblem

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We have a Tekken themed Pokémon fighting game, which is cool, but what we really need is a Soul Calibur themed Fire Emblem fighting game.

Soul Emblem
Ike vs Siegfried

Lyn vs Setsuka

Marth vs Raphael

Eirika vs Amy

Hector vs Astaroth.

Ephraim vs. Hilde

MAKE IT HAPPEN NAMCO/NINTENDO.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Permit me to shamelessly shill my support thread for a moment: https://smashboards.com/threads/hitmonlee-the-flexible-fighting-type.473064/
Only if you’ll let me do so as well:
https://smashboards.com/threads/cha...s-your-challenge-cynthia-for-ultimate.462535/
Still working on them but I think you more or less get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom