• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
BJ, according to Jr's Journey, really enjoys a nice, juicy steak or hot wings.

Larry, according to Color Splash, is simply a glutton.

Mario and Luigi has to be some form of pasta, I mean... C'mon.

Peach prefers salads and fruits.

Daisy likes her greens.

Birdo despises omelettes, actually, and prefers grains and pasta. She's got a sweet tooth for ice cream and prefers softer foods, more generally, like mac and cheese or mashed potatoes.

Rosalina enjoys a good everything-bagel, but she also likes rock candy shaped like Star Bits that she uses as a topping.

Bowser is all about comfort foods and keto... without the diet.

Those are just off the top of my head.
Uh, thanks for reviving that topic from a few days ago Shy Guy....

Anyways, Yoshi's answer is still "yes" :yoshi:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I heard about that. They did N64 controllers before too if I'm not mistaken. Hope it works out for them.
The N64 controller would be right up my alley if I hadn't just bought my favorite N64 titles on my Wii. Gamecube controller achieves the exact same effect.

Honestly I have no use for an N64 anymore.

Double K

Smash Lord
PS4 gamers sure but PC has hell of mods that make the game better than the Switch version could ever be. And yeah, it sucks that it might not come to PS4 as well but you have to think about how big of a deal the Switch is. I was SUPER close to buying it on PS4 and I was like "Nah, I want to play it on the go". That's the big draw. Everything else is just extra.

I see where you're coming from but like PC gamers have it fine. They'll make the game better than it could ever be elsewhere. Playstation fans? Well, at least they still got a God like RPG.
If you try to mod DQ11 audio to have the orchestral, your ISP throttles you.

This has been confirmed, unfortunately.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
TBH that doesn't explain why K. Rool didn't make it in when he supposedly had such strong support on the ballot.

I stand by the idea Bayo was a promotional pick. Nintendo and Platinum are supper chummy nowadays and Nintendo funded Bayo 2 and now 3. Makes sense to me, but to each their own; we don't have the ballot numbers and never will, so we will never know what actually happened.
That's the thing.

If they never wanted to breed doubt, they would have never said anything, and now with Ultimate, we know the ballot played a huge roll in "EVERYONE IS HERE!" and K.rool, among a couple others.

She "won", but probably not over characters like Snake or Rool.
Bayonetta actually did have a lot of support during the ballot. She was fairly new, unique, plausible, and hot off the heels of a brand new, exciting, and exclsuive game, so she was in people's consciousness as a character that would be perfect for Smash. Big YouTubers like Maximilian advocated for her inclusion around that time. That popularity wasn't too enduring as, say, Ridley's or K. Rool's, but it was there, and a lot of people forget that about 2014 and 2015 as Bayonetta's legacy was overshadowed by how overpowered she ended up being.

Especially since the people who voted in the ballot were the relatively small number of people who bought Smash 4, probably on Wii U, and would've also been likely to have picked up and played Bayonetta 2, which came out just a month before Smash Wii U. So the stars were aligned to make it plausible that Bayonetta's popularity would've been such in the poll at that time.

Compared to K. Rool, who while majorly popular, hadn't been seen in a game in 6 years. K. Rool probably did very well in the ballot, but when Sakurai said that Bayonetta was #1 in Europe and #1 worldwide, I don't find that unbelievable given the context and timeframe.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Uh, thanks for reviving that topic from a few days ago Shy Guy....

Anyways, Yoshi's answer is still "yes" :yoshi:
Lmao sorry. I get back on here and the site doesn't update, so I'm legit stuck in the past before my post.

Also, I thought it was interesting. We should also add "Pizza" for Mario and maybe Luigi because I forgot Luigi's Mansion 3 has Mario's room littered with pizza boxes.

Double K

Smash Lord
So catching up on this season's anime and man

when it's not being super hashtag problematic, Shield Hero is just agonizingly boring

D

Deleted member

PS4 gamers sure but PC has hell of mods that make the game better than the Switch version could ever be. And yeah, it sucks that it might not come to PS4 as well but you have to think about how big of a deal the Switch is. I was SUPER close to buying it on PS4 and I was like "Nah, I want to play it on the go". That's the big draw. Everything else is just extra.

I see where you're coming from but like PC gamers have it fine. They'll make the game better than it could ever be elsewhere. Playstation fans? Well, at least they still got a God like RPG.
True, but even then, I feel like having the community mod it and get things in the game where it should've been in base just rubs me the wrong way. I just hope Square knows a good release date, at the least.

We got three juggernauts this Summer, with Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain and Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I can't really see it around that time, unless if Nintendo and Square wanna be ****ing insane and just stuff it in. I mean, they're doing it with April, as we speak. One week, Final Fantasy X+X-2 HD Remaster, next week Mortal Kombat 11, next week Final Fantasy XII. Like, CHRIST.

Double K

Smash Lord
Eh, haven't heard about many good animes last year anyways.
Zombieland Saga
Uma Musume
Thunderbolt Fantasy S2
Hinamatsuri
Steins;Gate 0
SAO Alternative: GGO
Golden Kamuy
Lupin III Part 5
Bunny Senpai
Cells at Work
Slime isekai
SAO Aliczation

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
See, my qualms are with how Square is treating Dragon Quest XI and especially it's Switch release. It was essentially the first game ever announced for the Switch when it was known as the NX. We knew nothing of it's Switch version, and then just releases the PC and PS4 versions like it was nothing. Of course, there were some problems like the MIDI music and other such things in it's initial release back in fall last year, but it got around.

Then we finally know about Dragon Quest XI S after God knows how long, but all the stuff it's getting -- such as fully orchestral music and full voice acting -- has so far been confirmed to be exclusive content to the Switch. PS4 and PC owners aren't getting those things, not even in an update. Then not to mention, the damn name. Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage eat your ****ing heart out.

I'm glad that we're finally coming back to roots with Dragon Quest and Nintendo, and that the Switch version will at least been worth the wait, but I can't help but to feel for the people who bought this game on their PS4/PC.
And I bought my copy for PS4 two days before the Switch one was announced.

I felt pretty dumb.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so if mario rescues peach
and luigi rescues mario
who rescues luigi? sure ain't peach.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dear old people,

When your mother tells you to do something, etc, do you have the power to say ‘no’ once you reach adulthood?
I’m sure you can all relate.
dude you're a ****ing adult by this point of course you can

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And then they decide to make a fourth How to Train Your Dragon like how they did with Toy Story. :p
How. The ****. Is this dragon not trained yet.

I see they took the Hobbit route and split up what should be a short training segment into a bunch of movies just to pad their ticket sales. Lame.

D

Deleted member

And then they decide to make a fourth How to Train Your Dragon like how they did with Toy Story. :p

In all seriousness though. I feel one idea could be a sequel series set in the modern day where the Hidden World is discovered and the main protagonist being Hiccup's descendant.
Let's just hope that turns out to be a better follow up to a trilogy than most. *glares at Star Wars and The Hobbit*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom