• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can't even describe my emotions.

Best thing i've seen all year, and I don't think anything'll change that. Oh wait, there is one thing....

ANGRY BIRDS 2 BAYBEE

That was a lie that movie sucked.
Wait, what?
They made a sequel?
Ew. . .

Double K

Smash Lord
Alright, aside from my push for Master Chief again for Smash and wants for Ultimate's OST, I'll touch on this whole matter on Erdrick.

Me? I need to see how he plays. If anything, I just hope that he isn't like a mix of Robin and Link and he's his own thing, from what I've heard of what he can do and his origins. I mean, they have 30 years of history from the franchise they can pull from. I'm alright if he uses a sword, but for god's sake, make him different. And just in general, inclusion-wise? I don't really care all that much. We got three left on the docket, and we really still don't know about Joker at all aside from hackerman code. But, I do know this.

I know the legacy Dragon Quest brings. It'd be a sin to say that DQV doesn't have that many memorable songs. However, I feel like I would be lying if I said the reveal won't cause heavily mixed reactions outside of Japan. Reports time and time again -- if we look just as Dragon Quest XI's sales last time back in November -- have proven that Square still needs to put in a lot more work to get Dragon Quest out there in regions that aren't Japan. It still kinda shocks me that after all these years, they still haven't got it out there. They got ****ing Chrono Trigger known globally, for Christ's sake.

If you ask me, that segment dedicated to Dragon Quest XI SHD: 356/2 Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Final ReMix [cross] in that Direct was another attempt to try and get it out there. There's characters a lot of people love I'll support and push, be it Banjo, Geno, or whoever. Y'all know I have one want left, and he goes AAAEEIIIYAAAH. I have no problem with Erdrick and Dragon Quest, but I'm not gonna be oblivious and be ready for the mixed reactions because Square couldn't get the franchise out there. So, if it happens and the rumors are true, cool. If it doesn't happen, cool. All cool with me. Again, I'll say that with timing and how insurmountable the hype was toward's KH3's release, it'd feel weird of Sora wasn't the "Square rep".

Also no, this post wasn't to shoot the **** at the Switch port's name.
To be FAIR, DQ11 came out at probably one of the WORST times, being like a single week behind direct competitor, Spider-Man PS4

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
christopher eccleston is criminally underrated

david tennant was david tennant, only thing i didnt like about him was the fact that every one of his partners wanted to shag him

and then matt smith was a super cool character but got put in super lame stories

those are my new-who opinions and i never cared past 2014 because that's when my family took out cable and also BBC

Shroob

Sup?
christopher eccleston is criminally underrated

david tennant was david tennant, only thing i didnt like about him was the fact that every one of his partners wanted to shag him

and then matt smith was a super cool character but got put in super lame stories

those are my new-who opinions and i never cared past 2014 because that's when my family took out cable and also BBC
Eccelston was amazing, the only issue is there's not more of him.

Tennant, I like, but oh god he had a lot of stinkers.... But at the same time, like, Blink happened so he had a good run.

D

Deleted member

ARE YOU READY FOR THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME
Wow that was the quickest a trailer has made me dislike it. All they had to do was play Ice Ice Baby within the first moment. And yes, I knew right away it was Ice Ice Baby and not Pressure right away.

D

Deleted member

To be FAIR, DQ11 came out at probably one of the WORST times, being like a single week behind direct competitor, Spider-Man PS4
****, I mean, you're not wrong at all. I completely forgot about how stacked it was against that, Red Dead 2 and a whole lot more I'm forgetting. If we're still speaking of Japan, I still remember how pretty magical it was seeing Spider-Man PS4 get traction there.

Spider-Man has been a long-running beloved Japanese meme ever since FLASH days, so I knew the Japanese would ****ing POUNCE on this game, even if Dragon Quest XI existed.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright, aside from my push for Master Chief again for Smash and wants for Ultimate's OST, I'll touch on this whole matter on Erdrick.

Me? I need to see how he plays. If anything, I just hope that he isn't like a mix of Robin and Link and he's his own thing, from what I've heard of what he can do and his origins. I mean, they have 30 years of history from the franchise they can pull from. I'm alright if he uses a sword, but for god's sake, make him different. And just in general, inclusion-wise? I don't really care all that much. We got three left on the docket, and we really still don't know about Joker at all aside from hackerman code. But, I do know this.

I know the legacy Dragon Quest brings. It'd be a sin to say that DQV doesn't have that many memorable songs. However, I feel like I would be lying if I said the reveal won't cause heavily mixed reactions outside of Japan. Reports time and time again -- if we look just as Dragon Quest XI's sales last time back in November -- have proven that Square still needs to put in a lot more work to get Dragon Quest out there in regions that aren't Japan. It still kinda shocks me that after all these years, they still haven't got it out there. They got ****ing Chrono Trigger known globally, for Christ's sake.

If you ask me, that segment dedicated to Dragon Quest XI SHD: 356/2 Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Final ReMix [cross] in that Direct was another attempt to try and get it out there. There's characters a lot of people love I'll support and push, be it Banjo, Geno, or whoever. Y'all know I have one want left, and he goes AAAEEIIIYAAAH. I have no problem with Erdrick and Dragon Quest, but I'm not gonna be oblivious and be ready for the mixed reactions because Square couldn't get the franchise out there. So, if it happens and the rumors are true, cool. If it doesn't happen, cool. All cool with me. Again, I'll say that with timing and how insurmountable the hype was toward's KH3's release, it'd feel weird of Sora wasn't the "Square rep".

Also no, this post wasn't to shoot the **** at the Switch port's name.
The problem with Dragon Quest for me is that it hasn't had a Marketing Push like it has now since like, the early 00s when VIII was coming out and even then they didn't have the full might of Nintendo behind them.

I think once Dragon Quest XI hits Switch it's going to turn a lot of heads. Dragon Quest is about to receive the full force of Nintendo's marketing push this summer and I think it's going to make that particular game a BIG name in the west. I'd bet that it doubles or triples its sales by the time the Switch version comes because you know what? Dragon Quest is a Nintendo game and now Nintendo is FINALLY treating it like that.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
also, still mad about patrick troughton footage being mostly forever gone

from what small bits from the majority we have of him he seemed like a really need dude

D

Deleted member

ARE YOU READY FOR THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME??
I watched the first Angry Birds movie a long time ago, and it was weird.
I think I will pass. That scene where the eagle takes a long pee is super weird.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Found the first Angry Birds to be a mediocre movie. I'll wait until NetFlix.

Meanwhile 12 hours from now. I'll be going to see How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World since as stated I've decided to go see especially if its an improvement from the second.

That and plenty of other movies I'm looking forward too such as Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Avengers: Endgame, Hobbs & Shaw and Missing Link.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The problem with Dragon Quest for me is that it hasn't had a Marketing Push like it has now since like, the early 00s when VIII was coming out and even then they didn't have the full might of Nintendo behind them.

I think once Dragon Quest XI hits Switch it's going to turn a lot of heads. Dragon Quest is about to receive the full force of Nintendo's marketing push this summer and I think it's going to make that particular game a BIG name in the west. I'd bet that it doubles or triples its sales by the time the Switch version comes because you know what? Dragon Quest is a Nintendo game and now Nintendo is FINALLY treating it like that.
See, my qualms are with how Square is treating Dragon Quest XI and especially it's Switch release. It was essentially the first game ever announced for the Switch when it was known as the NX. We knew nothing of it's Switch version, and then just releases the PC and PS4 versions like it was nothing. Of course, there were some problems like the MIDI music and other such things in it's initial release back in fall last year, but it got around.

Then we finally know about Dragon Quest XI S after God knows how long, but all the stuff it's getting -- such as fully orchestral music and full voice acting -- has so far been confirmed to be exclusive content to the Switch. PS4 and PC owners aren't getting those things, not even in an update. Then not to mention, the damn name. Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage eat your ****ing heart out.

I'm glad that we're finally coming back to roots with Dragon Quest and Nintendo, and that the Switch version will at least been worth the wait, but I can't help but to feel for the people who bought this game on their PS4/PC.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All the movies I'll be seeing this year are.

Best (10):

Good (7-9):
The Lego Movie: The Second Part

Okay (4-6):
Glass

Meh (1-3):

Bad (0):

Next seeing:
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
Captain Marvel
Us
Hellboy
Missing Link
Avengers: Endgame
Ad Astra
Brightburn
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
47 Meters Down: Uncaged
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
It: Chapter Two

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Uh.........

What are Smash characters' favorite foods?

The answer for my boi is "yes" :yoshi:
BJ, according to Jr's Journey, really enjoys a nice, juicy steak or hot wings.

Larry, according to Color Splash, is simply a glutton.

Mario and Luigi has to be some form of pasta, I mean... C'mon.

Peach prefers salads and fruits.

Daisy likes her greens.

Birdo despises omelettes, actually, and prefers grains and pasta. She's got a sweet tooth for ice cream and prefers softer foods, more generally, like mac and cheese or mashed potatoes.

Rosalina enjoys a good everything-bagel, but she also likes rock candy shaped like Star Bits that she uses as a topping.

Bowser is all about comfort foods and keto... without the diet.

Those are just off the top of my head.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
See, my qualms are with how Square is treating Dragon Quest XI and especially it's Switch release. It was essentially the first game ever announced for the Switch when it was known as the NX. We knew nothing of it's Switch version, and then just releases the PC and PS4 versions like it was nothing. Of course, there were some problems like the MIDI music and other such things in it's initial release back in fall last year, but it got around.

Then we finally know about Dragon Quest XI S after God knows how long, but all the stuff it's getting -- such as fully orchestral music and full voice acting -- has so far been confirmed to be exclusive content to the Switch. PS4 and PC owners aren't getting those things, not even in an update. Then not to mention, the damn name. Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage eat your ****ing heart out.

I'm glad that we're finally coming back to roots with Dragon Quest and Nintendo, and that the Switch version will at least been worth the wait, but I can't help but to feel for the people who bought this game on their PS4/PC.
PS4 gamers sure but PC has hell of mods that make the game better than the Switch version could ever be. And yeah, it sucks that it might not come to PS4 as well but you have to think about how big of a deal the Switch is. I was SUPER close to buying it on PS4 and I was like "Nah, I want to play it on the go". That's the big draw. Everything else is just extra.

I see where you're coming from but like PC gamers have it fine. They'll make the game better than it could ever be elsewhere. Playstation fans? Well, at least they still got a God like RPG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom