• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yall are gonna get married and the only thing you will be talking about is Smash Brothers resulting in the worlds first 1 sec marrage into divorse
From my fictitious wife’s perspective:
“He started laughing, and then his nose grew incredibly long!”
85AA9D43-B40F-45EF-8602-ECD47D3FA2AF.jpeg

D

Deleted member

I am going to rant about a problems I have with most new movies.

Before HtTYD 3 comes on the screen, they show commercials. All of the commercials were not enjoyable. Even Toy Story 4's commercial felt a bit bland. Hopefully, the movie delivers. I did like Shazam's commercial. The problem with most movies I watch is that they try too hard to be funny and go with safe jokes, which is the Illumination route in my opinion. Wreck it Ralph 2 and The Lego Movie 2 were not bad movies, but the humor just felt too safe and predictable. In both of those movies, one of their main characters does the floss. I saw Aquaman a while ago, and they did not even try on humor. Every movie needs at least a little humor. Marvel has some modern humor here and there, but they do well with it. Infinity War had modern humor, yet it was still a blast. Again, some of the kids movies in the commercials focused way too much on shoving in bland humor.

Also can I say that HtTYD 3 is the perfect way to end a series? It honestly reminds me of FMAB's ending and Toy Story 3's ending, and I love it even more now.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Who the **** is Sugimiya? You mean Sugiyama? Because if so, yeah, **** that guy but Dragon Quest is still amazing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I am going to rant about a problems I have with most new movies.

Before HtTYD 3 comes on the screen, they show commercials. All of the commercials were not enjoyable. Even Toy Story 4's commercial felt a bit bland. Hopefully, the movie delivers. I did like Shazam's commercial. The problem with most movies I watch is that they try too hard to be funny and go with safe jokes, which is the Illumination route in my opinion. Wreck it Ralph 2 and The Lego Movie 2 were not bad movies, but the humor just felt too safe and predictable. In both of those movies, one of their main characters does the floss. I saw Aquaman a while ago, and they did not even try on humor. Every movie needs at least a little humor. Marvel has some modern humor here and there, but they do well with it. Infinity War had modern humor, yet it was still a blast. Again, some of the kids movies in the commercials focused way too much on shoving in bland humor.

Also can I say that HtTYD 3 is the perfect way to end a series? It honestly reminds me of FMAB's ending and Toy Story 3's ending, and I love it even more now.
Ahhh more the reason to make me love and appreciate my favorite movies the Heisei Gamera Trilogy even more especially every time I watch them. No movies will ever compare to those.

It reminds you whenever movies today gets make don't have those standards that you always have your favorite films to go back and watch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All I'll touch on DLC for Smash Ultimate is this: it doesn't really matter who or what character is in, we can all agree on this.

The Fighter Pass better fill in the gaps where Smash Ultimate's soundtrack has. The base soundtrack, while the arrangements are fantastic, leave a lot to be desired, for a lot of other franchises. Hell, some franchises got practically jipped like Sonic and Xenoblade.

So I'll say this.

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon . You played Persona 5, right. I'm completely blind still. Please tell me that Challenger Pack 1 with the music it'll bring will be good. Please.

D

Deleted member

All right I’m gonna start sharing the photos I made for every fighters once a day I really hope is ok if the mods let me do this. is it ok if I do this once a day mods( NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy )?

#01 Mario:ultmario:
F965CEDB-0B12-4651-BBD7-11E788C73271.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
For the love of spaghetti Don’t let him get the envelope!!!
View attachment 194023
Goku would’ve blown them all up and keep the envelope in tact if he really tried. They were just lucky.

Guess that was the "big project" she was teasing.

RIP Shantae and Elma fans lol.
But she doesn’t voice Elma tho...

Caitlin Glass does, and we already know what her project was like a week ago.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I learned about a great portion of Nintendo's franchises through Smash.

At the time I got Melee (my first game) I pretty much only knew who Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Link, Zelda, and Pikachu were. Everyone else I was either far less familiar with or was introduced to entirely through that game alone.

It was also the game that initially got me interested in seeing characters like Dedede, Meta Knight, Olimar and K. Rool join the battle for a possible future Smash game. The trophies introduced tons of other characters and features from the worlds of other Nintnedos games, and they're really what got me interested in playing the games they came from, as well.

Plenty of more obscure franchises have been apart of the Smash series over the years, and I can personally say that the series played a big part in making me the Nintendo fan that I am today. There's no reason to doubt that countless other players have discovered franchises they were previously unfamiliar with through Smash.

D

Deleted member

Most normies wont recognize anyone from the roster aside from mario characters, the gen 1 pokemon, sonic, and ryu lol
That was me when I got Smash almost 2 years ago.
Two weeks and several hundred Wikipedia articles later, I was all caught up.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So there's someone claiming that Erdrick being DLC could be a bad idea.

What do you guys think?
"Erdrick will be the next Corrin!"

"You can't start Smash ULTIMATE DLC with someone as HUGE as Joker and then follow it up with Erdrick!"

"SMASH POLLS"

"I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT DRAGON QUEST WAS!"

"Goku with a sword"

To be fair to this guy. There's a LOT of hardcore Smash fans that think the same way. There's this overwhelming sense in the Smash community that ONLY the Smash community matters when picking character. "Geno and Sora are FAR better choices" is a big quote from that video proving this. Geno, to everyone besides Smash die hards is basically an unknown entity. Sora is a cool choice but like does he really match up to the insane phenomenon that is Japan's obsession with Dragon Quest? I don't think so.

And it hurts my heart to say it but, yes, this includes Banjo. Banjo is a big deal, to us, to everyone else in the world that didn't grow up on a N64 with Banjo-Kazooie? Steve is way bigger. I'm not discounting the above characters as unimportant but, like, every once in a while you gotta step outside and see what is just a BIG DEAL. Minecraft and Dragon Quest are big ****ing deals.

Edit: also, Joker? HUGE? I dunno. He's a big deal because he's another Playstation character. And someone no one saw coming. Not because his franchise is bigger than Dragon Quest or whatever dude bro man is trying to say.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think he misspoke Elma instead of Edelgard.
You know, I group them together sometimes.

3FBF7F94-23FD-49AD-85BA-FAA71C7EA77F.jpeg

CE1F223E-B42E-47F3-812A-37289CF98E6D.png

Both have long white straight hair, similar physique, and the Red and Black color scheme.

White Hair is starting to become the fad more recently. I can name a couple of characters off the top of my head that have white hair that popped up in recent years.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
That was me when I got Smash almost 2 years ago.
Two weeks and several hundred Wikipedia articles later, I was all caught up.
That was me when I first played Melee like 17 years ago. I was familiar with Mario and Kirby and that was about it. Smash is a great entry point for anyone to get into Nintendo stuff, between all the roster characters, assist trophies, and Spirits/trophies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

View attachment 194123
View attachment 194122
Both have long white straight hair, similar physique, and the Red and Black color scheme.

White Hair is starting to become the fad more recently. I can name a couple of characters off the top of my head that have white hair that popped up in recent years.
Only difference is eye and skin color. Oh and they wear different clothing.

D

Deleted member

"Erdrick will be the next Corrin!"

"You can't start Smash ULTIMATE DLC Sith someone as HUGE as Joker and then follow it up with Erdrick!"

"SMASH POLLS"

"I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT DRAGON QUEST WAS!"

"Goku with a sword"

To be fair to this guy. There's a LOT of hardcore Smash fans that think the same way. There's this overwhelming sense in the Smash community that ONLY the Smash community matters when picking character. "Geno and Sora are FAR better choices" is a big quote from that video proving this. Geno, to everyone besides Smash die hards is basically an unknown entity. Sora is a cool choice but like does he really match up to the insane phenomenon that is Japan's obsession with Dragon Quest? I don't think so.

And it hurts my heart to say it but, yes, this includes Banjo. Banjo is a big deal, to us, to everyone else in the world that didn't grow up on a N64 with Banjo-Kazooie? Steve is way bigger. I'm not discounting the above characters as unimportant but, like, every once in a while you gotta step outside and see what is just a BIG DEAL. Minecraft and Dragon Quest are big ****ing deals.
Okay, so what you're saying is -- when we take in the recent Microsoft x Nintendo rumors NateDrake broke that are now coming true especially after Ori for Switch has just been leaked -- when we look at the bigger picture...

Xbox. Who's the face of Xbox solely? That's right. Halo Man himself. Believe it or not, there was a bit of a cult following in Japan for Halo 3 when the Xbox 360 was popping over there (you can thank guess who? iDOLM@STER), so we can scratch off the "Japan" checklist.

So in the end, what you're saying is... Master Chief for Smash. Gotcha. :denzel:

FELLAS, JOIN ME IN UNISON.

Double K

Smash Lord
i mean she "won" out of literally everybody else in the polls
Wasn't that debunked as being a rigged poll? Furthermore, Bayonetta was barely a commercial success, only managing to keep Platinum from going bankrupt barely

To say nothing of how the Wii U ports have sold like trash

MainJPW

M.T.A

View attachment 194123
View attachment 194122

Edelgard’s hair looks slightly green now that I look at it...

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Only difference is eye and skin color. Oh and they wear different clothing.
Their faces are pretty different too, but I think the art I chose made Elma’s look more similar to Edelgard’s face than it really is.

Other than that, they also have different hair styles and would have very different mannerisms.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So there's someone claiming that Erdrick being DLC could be a bad idea.

snip

What do you guys think?
That video title reads "Why Adding in Erdrick Over my Favorite Character is Objectively a Mistake Because I Don't Like Them" to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 194123
View attachment 194122

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they almost look like the same person. LMAO

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fair, but that also brings to thet issue of perceived relevancy
more like "relevant to nintendo" instead of to the consumer

remember how nintendo pretty much forgot :ultkrool: existed until they saw the results of the ballot

D

Deleted member

Wait, that guy said Joker was a big deal? Compared to Dragon Quest?

Uh...no? Persona 5 is popular, but it ain't Dragon Quest in Japan, lol. Not even close.

Double K

Smash Lord
Also the video was ****. I can't take a point seriously in a video when you constantly move from the mic like a clod.

Wait, that guy said Joker was a big deal? Compared to Dragon Quest?

Uh...no? Persona 5 is popular, but it ain't Dragon Quest in Japan, lol. Not even close.
Even internationally, I'd say that DQ is still bigger. Like

even if they don't recognize Erdrick specifically, his iconography is deeply rooted in games and anime

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

View attachment 194123
View attachment 194122

I mean I guess I haven’t realized thoughill admit that I have a few characters with white hair that I like as well:
D659C8CD-2C4F-4C4C-B050-1B95393D357F.jpeg

E2FD8F23-9C52-4126-B765-268103BF7CE8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom