• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh am I on the “Socila thread for everything but Smash” forum again?

Someone please redirect me to Smashboards for good ol Smssh discussion?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
xc2 came out at the exact wrong time for it to be considered and honestly im shook because i really really really wanted rex/aegis and i thought they were basically a lock and a very safe prediction and then sakurai went and pulled a sneaky on me smh

hey maybe elma will be revealed along with an xcx port haha its not happening at all is it
Gotta admit, I don't care about Ultimate at all now.
It was like "oh the timing is unfortunate, but DLC is undecided, but lets verbally close the door for them anyway" Xenoblade and ARMS simply got royally screwed despite being 1st party.
It really depressed me ngl.

The game is now collecting dust as I save to get FighterZ

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, in terms of most annoying character...

Lucas is the most annoying rodent to ever walk the face of the earth. Viridi is right. I now can never resist the urge to launch this crybaby to the stars whenever I see it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Lucas is the most annoying rodent to ever walk the face of the earth. Viridi is right. I now can never resist the urge to launch this crybaby to the stars whenever I see it.
"PK FIRE! PK FIRE! PK FIRE! PK FIRE! PK FIRE!...
PK FRRREEEEEEZZZE!"

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

You obviously haven't played against a competent Snake.

D

Deleted member

With it still being 2/22 where I am Happy Birthday to Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku I may not know you that well but you seem like a good person so Happy birthday!

D

Deleted member

That's what I want, and that's why I'd start with a larger theme and then go into LGBTQ representation. I believe it'd be the best way to go about it in a practical, character design sense. If you start designing a character with the sentiment "this character is going to be gay" then you've already lost. LGBTQ people are people too, and they shouldn't be defined by a label; by beginning to design a character or a game with a label already in mind then you've already lost.

Consider it this way. I want to remake Ghostbusters. I have two methods.

I can either make "Ghostbusters but with girls," or, "Ghostbusters, but explores themes of patriarchy and feminism (and from that has girls)."

The reason I would go for the latter over the former is because it allows for a deeper dive into the themes explored and makes characters well fleshed out and not tokens meant to pander to a demographic. Furthermore, the latter is likely going to be better critically received, and has less room for error in applications of character and story design. If you begin with a wider theme and let that naturally lead into another with well fleshed out characters tied into that wider theme, it makes for better representation.
See this is why Shish and I see some homophobia within some of these posts. It's perfectly fine to have a character that's gay to the core. Characters are built straight from the ground up all the time, heck many of the same people who say that characters shouldn't be explicitly gay will also go out of their way to defend a character as being straight. Or much like how there are characters intended to be of a certain skin tone.

But that is a good example, so as it's already been stated, perhaps this is just an argument over semantics. I certainly do not want queerbating characters. JK Rowling is an example of someone who does that.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
So fun fact, saying "man I wish we were talking about smash this sure is a smash brothers forum" isn't contributing to any conversation whatsoever.
IF there were smash related things to talk about, then we would be talking about it. But very few of us play competitively, so it's not the only thing we're dedicated to and due to that, we talk about other things. There is a reason this thread became a social thread.

Most of us are here because we enjoy the conversation the other users give us. Most of us are here because of each other, or the potential chance to meet a person who is new to the thread. I'm sorry you don't like it when we talk about gay people, but there are times when I log on and there is a conversation I also have no interest in, and thus I decide not to contribute. It's a social thread with numerous active members, these things happen. We still talk about smash a considerable amount if you factor in that we have essentially gotten no new info in months besides a ****ing ponytail and a stage that looks like a used tampon.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Snake doesn't have the voice of a child.

Also Snake I feel takes more skill to pull off crazy things with his projectiles unlike Lucas who can just PK Freeze you at like 50% and kill you easily depending on recovery.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh am I on the “Socila thread for everything but Smash” forum again?

Someone please redirect me to Smashboards for good ol Smssh discussion?
I mean, we will continue to say this until probably the week before Joker comes out.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well it’s time for the late night live action intro posting.

Tonight, Gilligan’s Island!

D

Deleted member

The most annoying character to face in Smash is Alucard...

Oh wait, was I not supposed to use Assist Trophies? Huh, I guess I'm playing Smash wrong :yoshi:
Is it bad that I'm glad he actually gives someone trouble? Wouldn't want my boi to be a weak assist after all.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
[
So fun fact, saying "man I wish we were talking about smash this sure is a smash brothers forum" isn't contributing to any conversation whatsoever.
IF there were smash related things to talk about, then we would be talking about it. But very few of us play competitively, so it's not the only thing we're dedicated to and due to that, we talk about other things. There is a reason this thread became a social thread.

Most of us are here because we enjoy the conversation the other users give us. Most of us are here because of each other, or the potential chance to meet a person who is new to the thread. I'm sorry you don't like it when we talk about gay people, but there are times when I log on and there is a conversation I also have no interest in, and thus I decide not to contribute. It's a social thread with numerous active members, these things happen. We still talk about smash a considerable amount if you factor in that we have essentially gotten no new info in months besides a ****ing ponytail and a stage that looks like a used tampon.
Thank you.
A far better and nicer way of saying what I wanted to say.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jokes aside Im confident my butt is safe as Im sure Xenoblade as a whole didn't get considered at all for the Fighters Pass

*sniff*
Your butt will never be safe with us around
Are we sure that we're currently on a forum dedicated to Super Smash Bros.?
We’re talking about the “close enough to Smash” kind of Smash...bro

D

Deleted member

May god ****ing bless you

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
or maybe

a xenomorph
We got Mortal Kombat X for that.

:ultlucas: is definitely up there. But from my own experience, :ultinkling: (a good Inkling) is extremely annoying to deal with.

Not impossible, but it's still a pain in my *** since I play mostly heavies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I figured out who our 7th Zelda rep is!

Hyrule Warriors Link!

or Agitha

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jokes aside Im confident my butt is safe as Im sure Xenoblade as a whole didn't get considered at all for the Fighters Pass

*sniff*
> Xenoblade 2 releases and becomes the Switch's premiere RPG
> Rex & Pyra become Japan's most wanted Smash newcomers after King K. Rool
> ranks high in various countries
> November rolls around
> Spring Man has a full model made with VA, becomes AT
> dedicated segment for Mii Costume reveal
> includes Xenoblade 2 music
> doesn't even include Counterattack, Mor Ardain, or even You Will Recall Our Names

Existence is fleeting.

eternalelon.jpg

D

Deleted member

I am almost a compotent Snake.
Just a bit more practice. .
I’ve got stage control down, I just need to know how to use his grenades for purposes other than controlling the stage.

D

Deleted member

Shantae and Marinette are in Fortnite!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
> Xenoblade 2 releases and becomes the Switch's premiere RPG
> Rex & Pyra become Japan's most wanted Smash newcomers after King K. Rool
> ranks high in various countries
> November rolls around
> Spring Man has a full model made with VA, becomes AT
> dedicated segment for Mii Costume reveal
> includes Xenoblade 2 music
> doesn't even include Counterattack, Mor Ardain, or even You Will Recall Our Names

Existence is fleeting.

View attachment 194115

Plz Elon-chan, launch me to the First Low Orbit Station and leave me there so I can suffer in slience

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom