• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
:ultlucas: is definitely up there. But from my own experience, :ultinkling: (a good Inkling) is extremely annoying to deal with.
I never face against Inklings that often because either all Inkling players are extremely good and in Elite Smash or extremely meh and in the 1m GSP. There's never an inbetween.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Shantae and Marinette are in Fortnite!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well, well, well, she was right about people looking too much into that one tweet of her's
So we've come full circle on the "One of the biggest games of all time" tweet.
Does this mean Fortnite is now technically eligible for Smash, as a legacy franchise?...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

what if he's an atheist?
hindu?
buddhist?
or maybe even... a scientologist?
Scientology believes in God though, they just don't worship it.(Man Scientology is weird.) Hinduism vastly varies, so that's somewhat right.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You obviously haven't played against a competent Snake.
I mean... as long as you keep track of his various projectiles littered throughout the stage, he isn't too bad to deal with.

But it depends on the player; I can keep track of Snake's various traps pretty well, but others could struggle with it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I never face against Inklings that often because either all Inkling players are extremely good and in Elite Smash or extremely meh and in the 1m GSP. There's never an inbetween.
As someone who's pretty close to the Elite threshold, I face a lot of Inklings

Even with characters I have lower GSP with, I still get matched up w/ them pretty often.

They can be a nightmare sometimes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So fun fact, saying "man I wish we were talking about smash this sure is a smash brothers forum" isn't contributing to any conversation whatsoever.
IF there were smash related things to talk about, then we would be talking about it. But very few of us play competitively, so it's not the only thing we're dedicated to and due to that, we talk about other things. There is a reason this thread became a social thread.

Most of us are here because we enjoy the conversation the other users give us. Most of us are here because of each other, or the potential chance to meet a person who is new to the thread. I'm sorry you don't like it when we talk about gay people, but there are times when I log on and there is a conversation I also have no interest in, and thus I decide not to contribute. It's a social thread with numerous active members, these things happen. We still talk about smash a considerable amount if you factor in that we have essentially gotten no new info in months besides a ****ing ponytail and a stage that looks like a used tampon.
Thank you.
Like, this is a social thread.
SOCIAL THREAD. NOT SMASH BROS THREAD.

LetterO

Smash Lord
As someone who's pretty close to the Elite threshold, I face a lot of Inklings

Even with characters I have lower GSP with, I still get matched up w/ them pretty often.

They can be a nightmare sometimes.
The roller is still a nightmare. Apparently it's nerf is only at lower percents. It can still bury you for 23 years at higher percentages.

The purple inklings are always the ones that take your soul.

D

Deleted member

capital G is monotheist
97% confident that hindus are polytheist
It depends on the tradition of Hinduism. Some are monotheistic, agnostic, or atheist. Much like Buddhism, Hinduism more so has to do with the spiritual practices and traditions rather than worshiping an entity. Scientology believe in a monotheistic supreme being, but again, don't worship it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It depends on the tradition of Hinduism. Some are monotheistic, agnostic, or atheist. Much like Buddhism, Hinduism more so has to do with the spiritual practices and traditions rather than worshiping an entity. Scientology believe in a monotheistic supreme being,
then replace what i said with the context that he meant Yahweh/Allah/captial G man

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So there's someone claiming that Erdrick being DLC could be a bad idea.

What do you guys think?
This video is absolute garbage!

Smash is a celebration of gaming, first and foremost...

Love him or hate him, Erdrick is still a legacy character...

Dragon Quest is one of the tentpoles of Japanese gaming, so wanting to try and promote it in the States through something like Smash makes sense,,,

Saying that stuff like "fan requests deserve to get in over legacy characters like Erdrick", makes no sense

It literally sounds like those dumb arguments regarding Steve, like "Steve shouldn't get in because Banjo's more requested"... and UGGGHHHH! IT'S SO ANNOYING!

Seriously, though... The people who can't handle their fan requests being outprioritized by other characters, need to grow up!

I didn't want to end the day on this, but here we are...

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

What do you guys think?
I haven't even watched the video but I already know I've countered each of his points during my tenure here.

Let me guess, he touches on one of or a combination of the following points:
  • Dragon Quest isn't well known in the West and Sakurai said he wants "worldwide series"
    • DLC wouldn't make money
    • Players wouldn't recognize Erdrick
  • Sugimiya is Satan
  • Toriyama is Satan
  • Too many rights holders to work
  • It's not Geno or Sora, who are obviously better choices
  • Nintendo wouldn't include a blatant corporate shill pick
  • He plain doesn't like Erdrick and wants people to know about it
  • Not a popular character within the Smash Bubble
If he introduces a new point I'll be surprised, and if he doesn't touch on any of those points I'll eat my words.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>calls erdrick a promo character

you can tell that this dumbass knows nothing about dragon quest and he lives off of a "i dont know it = must be bad" lifestyle :072:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I haven't even watched the video but I already know I've countered each of his points during my tenure here.

Let me guess, he touches on one of the following points:
  • Dragon Quest isn't well known in the West and Sakurai said he wants "worldwide series"
    • DLC wouldn't make money
    • Players wouldn't recognize Erdrick
  • Sugimiya is Satan
  • Toriyama is Satan
  • Too many rights holders to work
  • It's not Geno or Sora, who are obviously better choices
  • Nintendo wouldn't include a blatant corporate shill pick
  • He plain doesn't like Erdrick and wants people to know about it
  • Not a popular character within the Smash Bubble
If he introduces a new point I'll be surprised, and if he doesn't touch on any of those points I'll eat my words.
Sugimiya is ALWAYS talked about because he is apparently attached to Erdrick. if its DQ, Sugimiya is talked about even if he isnt the topic

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

What do you guys think?
Oh boy.

Look, I personally don't give a **** about DQ and don't really want it in Smash...

But I'm not gonna pretend like it doesn't have a good chance of happening or that it couldn't work out.

Same goes with Minecraft Steve.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sugimiya is ALWAYS talked about because he is apparently attached to Erdrick
Don't you know, he IS Erdrick. That's why people are so opposed to it. If Sugimiya gets into Smash he'll be able to spew his hatred and vitriol to the entire world!

That, plus Nintendo and Square Enix kill sacrifice one baby to Satan whenever someone buys a copy of Dragon Quest. It's how they keep Geno in Hell where they've imprisoned him.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

?????????????

Smash Master
I finally just finished my first new moveset video since Ultimate was released! I would love to hear what people think of it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh boy.

Look, I personally don't give a **** about DQ and don't really want it in Smash...

But I'm not gonna pretend like it doesn't have a good chance of happening or that it couldn't work out.

Same goes with Minecraft Steve.
B-B-B-B-B-BUT HE'S UGLY!

D

Deleted member

Guess that was the "big project" she was teasing.

RIP Shantae and Elma fans lol.
"why would glass tweet right before a direct it's not like she's some prolific va with jobs outside nintendo"

ok like i know hindsight 20/20 but i feel like i was blinded for my want of an xcx port a bit much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom