• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
He doesn't know what he needs.

Stay strong, do not give in.
I don't, but it's ashtonishing how much he likes drinking water with chemicals in it.

My cats not like that. He's just all "I'LL SHO U HOOMAN" and then goes and ****s in the bathtub. Little **** head.
My cats only had toilet accidents a few times and all of them were either beds or couches. I'm not sure if they are trying to tell us something.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
High investment, low reward.
Also, he gets gimped by a lot of the high tiers like Pichu and Peach.
Makes sense. Seems somewhat similar to what Iron Man went through in MVC3, granted, Iron Man wasn't low-tier. But no one really picked him as often because he was more technical than Doom or Zero are. And he didn't fill a niche that Spider-Man or Wolverine did.

shoryuken severely nerfed (used to kill around 60-70%; now closer to 100%), focus attack much easier to break, and him always facing the opponent--while a neat reference--pretty much removes his ability to back air consistently, which is one of his best killing options
I've had issues with the Back-Air. It'd be nice if the auto turn mechanic applied only on the ground or something, so that air attacks can work like they do for other characters.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Don't you hate it too when your cat tries to make you feel guilty about not letting him drink from the toilet?
Let him drink from the bath or sink instead.

Cats like running water because it's easier to get on their tongue.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, what they should've done is given them their super meters from their classic games ala Little Mac/Cloud and let them perform better versions of their specials, the EX versions when it's full. That would've been dope.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
also dunno if this got posted, but an average of all recent pro tier lists

kinda hurts to see my boy done so dirty but i guess that's the price of losing a back air
It does my heart good to see Zelda not in bottom tier for the first time, but I guess this explains why Lucina feels like my best character.

Also pros wtf I know Daisy's a carbon copy of Peach but can we still put her face on the goddamn tier lists?

D

Deleted member

I’m sure this comparison has been made before, but the Smash games are like a kid growing up:

Smash 64: Little kid; things are bright, rough and undefined in life. Think Duplo.

Melee: The kid is a bit younger; things are taking shape, and he’s into darker characters, such as Ganondorf, for example.

Brawl: Emo teen. Dark and gritty.

Sm4sh: very late teen - young adult. Things are smooth and bland, and there isn’t much happening in life right now.

Ultimate: They’re grown up now, and understand life properly; they’ve learned to be the person they are, and are content.

Yay.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I’m sure this comparison has been made before, but the Smash games are like a kid growing up:

Smash 64: Little kid; things are bright, rough and undefined in life. Think Duplo.

Melee: The kid is a bit younger; things are taking shape, and he’s into darker characters, such as Ganondorf, for example.

Brawl: Emo teen. Dark and gritty.

Sm4sh: very late teen - young adult. Things are smooth and bland, and there isn’t much happening in life right now.

Ultimate: They’re grown up now, and understand life properly; they’ve learned to be the person they are, and are content.

Yay.
super smash bros 12: the kid is ****ing dead

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Damn. I finally found the PNG version of MSH Spider-Man, but my signature won't show it in posts, only on the edit sig section.

Hopefully it'll work itself out later.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Damn. I finally found the PNG version of MSH Spider-Man, but my signature won't show it in posts, only on the edit sig section.

Hopefully it'll work itself out later.
You could always save the image and host it on imgur.

D

Deleted member

personally i can't wait for smash bros 8 where he gets elderly and the game starts slowing down again as the pace of his life grinds to a halt
Or Smash 13, which takes place in his afterlife. Leaks from 4chan state that the only playable characters are Boo and Luigi.

D

Deleted member

Or Smash 13, which takes place in his afterlife. Leaks from 4chan state that the only playable characters are Boo and Luigi.
Or Smash 400 where the entire world is dead and everyone is in the Afterlife. Of course we will have another Everyone is here except it's Everyone is dead and all of them are ghosts.

D

Deleted member

Or Smash 400 where the entire world is dead and everyone is in the Afterlife. Of course we will have another Everyone is here except it's Everyone is dead and all of them are ghosts.
Except for Ness, he's now a skeleton.

D

Deleted member

Should I stay up and pull an All nighter or should I go to sleep? Hmm...

D

Deleted member

Imagine if there was a smash entirely out of bab and kid characters. You may laugh it off, but it'd definitely make money.

Every character is the Baby versions. That might sound lame for most characters, but I ain't complaining...

Or if they don't have an appearance as a kid, they could always use a kid equivalent from the same franchise. CV has Kid Dracula for instance, who's not Dracula.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm waiting for Smash 33, 80 years after the apocalypse has wiped out most other companies and all other characters have gone public domain.

Nintendo survives by building a Fallout Shelter from original Game Boys while everyone else bough buggy ones from Bethesda

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Im going try to making a baby roster

Baby (Insert every Mario character here, even PP), DK Jr., Mini Mac, Pichu, A literal Pokemon egg, Litten, Riolu, Mew i guess?, Roy but his child version, Morgan(As Robin), Lucina(As Chrom), Kanna (As Corn), Pantless Marth, an even younger Ike, Kid Dracula, Baby Chocobo, Classic Sonic, Igglybuff, smol Cereza and that little birdie who totally is Ridley.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Baby :ultpiranha: is a Nipper Plant.
Baby :ultganondorf: is Piglet.
Baby :ultdarksamus: is a baby Metroid. The Baby.
:ultmewtwo: is already a fetus, would he count for a baby roster?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Im going try to making a baby roster

Baby (Insert every Mario character here, even PP), DK Jr., Mini Mac, Pichu, A literal Pokemon egg, Litten, Riolu, Mew i guess?, Roy but his child version, Morgan(As Robin), Lucina(As Chrom), Kanna (As Corn), Pantless Marth, an even younger Ike, Kid Dracula, Baby Chocobo, Classic Sonic, Igglybuff, smol Cereza and that little birdie who totally is Ridley.
Baby Gonzales :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

I'm waiting for Smash 33, 80 years after the apocalypse has wiped out most other companies and all other characters have gone public domain.

Nintendo survives by building a Fallout Shelter from original Game Boys while everyone else bough buggy ones from Bethesda
Wait...Apocalypse? is this when Mach Rider will finally join? Another Grinch survivor let's go!

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Hi

Miss me?

Prolly not, but what happened was I lost a lotta internet and my art tools because I very intelligently misplaced my ipad’s charger.

Got it back today and immediately did some art.
536B079A-B338-4E83-9015-5F107DBE8650.jpeg

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The thread right now

Seems to either be dead or getting into really heated debates about decidedly not Smash Bros stuff.

Then again, it wasn't that much better earlier. Remember the weekly shaming of Pyra's design? And then in the end, her spirit was untouched and Mythra was the one who got covered?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Seems to either be dead or getting into really heated debates about decidedly not Smash Bros stuff.

Then again, it wasn't that much better earlier. Remember the weekly shaming of Pyra's design? And then in the end, her spirit was untouched and Mythra was the one who got covered?
I barely noticed. I just ignored all that talk and didn't engage :yoshi:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
But I'm not nostalgic for the '80s, I was born in the '90s.

This video explains it better than my *******.

Hey, I was born in 1990 and didn't get into Sonic until Sega went third-party.

D

Deleted member

I am actually livid.
I was not told school was cancelled until I walked out of the house, all ready in clothes! Why???
At the same time, I am kind of happy. I got more time, and I can relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

He's been saying that it's been lagging a ton for him lately, even with a wired connection.

TBH I feel like you have to play Arenas in this game to get the most out of the online. Quick Play just in general feels super busted with poor systems like GSP and "preffered rules". :drshrug:
Well GSP is garbage and they really should fix it, but ever since the patch the preferred rules have started to work better. The biggest disruptions I've had was Battlefield when I wanted FD, which makes complete and total sense. You don't want somebody to always have the same stage every match, and it would be a pain to find people close to you with the same stage requests. Even if it could, since Battlefield and FD both offer different advantages to different characters, (Mario loves Battlefield while Richter is married to FD, for example) then you would always run into the sane group of characters on each preferred stage setting. Having it choose randomly between the two when you and your opponent both have two seperate stages forces characters to play on different stages so that you're not always fighting Richter on FD or Mario on Battlefield. Of course there's the very rare Smash Ball, and once I got matched into an FFA in Elite (which dropped me out of it, which I'm kinda salty about) but the online has been working out for me so far.

Also, if it's lagging for every single one of Jeff's matches, then it's 99% something on his end. The game is P2P and depends on both players connections rather then Nintendo's servers. If it's always lagging out for him, I doubt all his opponents just have that **** of a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom