• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have a feeling memes might be unleashed by sharing this... but our next Spirit event is all Donkey Kong related.

Inb4 DK rap lyric posting happens.
Did you know Chunky Kong was a secret Assist Trophy in Smash For? Crazy, I know.

D

Deleted member

Please stop.

You're making me blush...

I mean this is one of the best communities I've never seen, sure we get in fights and have our weird moments but Every fandom and Community has that but this Community is special because despite all that it's super close and it feels like a family. I really do respect all of y'all!

D

Deleted member

As soon as I saw you pull out your :ultincineroar:, I knew what you were up too... :smirk:

But those were some pretty intense matches buddy. They were loads of fun.
Thanks heaps, I really enjoyed them.
Nah. It's a "Shulk is a Photoshopped Little Mac" level of a Smashboards inside joke.
What is the ‘photoshopped Little Mac’ joke about?
Did it spring from an old leak?
Pun not intended.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Pun not intended.
Before Smash 4, Shulk's render leaked and people analyzed the hell out of it and determined that it was just an elaborate fake because his face aligned perfectly with Little Mac's.

Then the leak turned out to be real anyway.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Pun not intended.
It came from an actual, legitimate leak. In that a user (who I won't name) claimed that Shulk's render in that leak was just a photoshopped Little Mac since they have the same pose in Smash 4...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Before Smash 4, Shulk's render leaked and people analyzed the hell out of it and determined that it was just an elaborate fake because his face aligned perfectly with Little Mac's.

Because human characters aren't ever allowed to have similar faces.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

in which the smash community discovers that character models made by the same artists in a dev team tend to look similar

D

Deleted member

It came from an actual, legitimate leak. In that a user (who I won't name) claimed that Shulk's render in that leak was just a photoshopped Little Mac since they have the same pose in Smash 4...
That’s hilarious.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Goddamn ya'll are making me feel old.
Pun not intended.
Back during the ESRB leak everyone was trying to debunk it. One of the big points brought up against it was that Shulk was just a photoshopped Little Mac.

I thought it was a joke about he turns invisible.
Nah, the story behind it is that some rando said they saw a Chunky Assist Trophy in the E3 build of the game. After this a LOT, and I mean a LOT, of people said they saw Chunky as well. So despite zero evidence that this thing actually existed, the entire boards was sure that he was there. And yet, naw, he wasn't.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also dunno if this got posted, but an average of all recent pro tier lists

kinda hurts to see my boy done so dirty but i guess that's the price of losing a back air

Noipoi

Howdy!
ESRB

IT'S ****ING FAKE

It's real.

Grinch Leak

IT'S ****ING REAL

It's fake.

I wonder what the difference was?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Since the "photoshopped Little Mac" joke got context, lemme tell y'all the story of Chunky Kong, if I remember right.

Basically, back around E3 2014, there was a demo of Smash 4 tourin' Best Buys across the US. One day, a user right here on good ol' Smashboards comes around and swears on their life they saw Chunky Kong pop out of an Assist Trophy in one of their matches. People couldn't figure out what the dude was talkin' about, since before now nobody who had played the demo had mentioned Chunky Kong in any capacity. And yet, in a beautiful moment of internet bandwagoning, other people come around and say they totally saw him too.

**** gets crazy, and Chunky's the new Bigfoot round these parts. A bunch of people sayin' they saw him, no actual photo proof, and yet nobody can totally disprove his existence, since obviously we didn't have the actual game in our hands to shut down the rumors.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Since the "photoshopped Little Mac" joke got context, lemme tell y'all the story of Chunky Kong, if I remember right.

Basically, back around E3 2014, there was a demo of Smash 4 tourin' Best Buys across the US. One day, a user right here on good ol' Smashboards comes around and swears on their life they saw Chunky Kong pop out of an Assist Trophy in one of their matches. People couldn't figure out what the dude was talkin' about, since before now nobody who had played the demo had mentioned Chunky Kong in any capacity. And yet, in a beautiful moment of internet bandwagoning, other people come around and say they totally saw him too.

**** gets crazy, and Chunky's the new Bigfoot round these parts. A bunch of people sayin' they saw him, no actual photo proof, and yet nobody can totally disprove his existence, since obviously we didn't have the actual game in our hands to shut down the rumors.
I kinda wish Chunky was actually in the game now

D

Deleted member

kinda hurts to see my boy done so dirty but i guess that's the price of losing a back air
Seeing my 4 mains make up B, A and S tier brings a smile to my face. Feels good man.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
One had Isaac and Banjo
I mean that's putting it a little lightly. Don't even mention the fact that it had all new character art, weird technical glitch stuff that made it look legit (also having to do with Little Mac), backing of some "leakers", total radio silence and head turns from Vergeben and the rest, and the fact it was a screenshot of a Snapchat all made that Leak look REALLY convincing. Literally the only two things that it had against it were a different background and it was blurry.

ESRB leak had weird issues like the boarders of the characters portraits being different widths and sizes, Game & Watch seemingly clipping into Wario, Ganondorf being poorly cropped and lit, and a few other thing that slip my mind.

So, the fake one had everything going for it and the real one had everything going against it...

And yeah, Grinch Leak had a dream roster that everyone wanted too.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I mean that's putting it a little lightly. Don't even mention the fact that it had all new character art, weird technical glitch stuff that made it look legit (also having to do with Little Mac), backing of some "leakers", total radio silence and head turns from Vergeben and the rest, and the fact it was a screenshot of a Snapchat all made that Leak look REALLY convincing. Literally the only two things that it had against it were a different background and it was blurry.

ESRB leak had weird issues like the boarders of the characters portraits being different widths and sizes, Game & Watch seemingly clipping into Wario, Ganondorf being poorly cropped and lit, and a few other thing that slip my mind.

So, the fake one had everything going for it and the real one had everything going against it...

And yeah, Grinch Leak had a dream roster that everyone wanted too.
Now, what can we learn from this, kids? The answer's simple. The ****tier a leak looks, the more likely it is to be real.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Don't you hate it too when your cat tries to make you feel guilty about not letting him drink from the toilet?

D

Deleted member

Congratulations, whoever is changing the name of this thread.
I’m sick of the word ‘bacon’ now.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Don't you hate it too when your cat tries to make you feel guilty about not letting him drink from the toilet?
My cats not like that. He's just all "I'LL SHO U HOOMAN" and then goes and ****s in the bathtub. Little **** head.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

What happened to my boy Ryu? At least Mega Man's doing pretty nicely at the moment.

D

Deleted member

When I had a cat, his day consisted of travelling the world or some crap, and getting into fights with other cats.
He was a weird one.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What happened to my boy Ryu? At least Mega Man's doing pretty nicely at the moment.
shoryuken severely nerfed (used to kill around 60-70%; now closer to 100%), focus attack much easier to break, and him always facing the opponent--while a neat reference--pretty much removes his ability to back air consistently, which is one of his best killing options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom