• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Wow, another main! That brings us up to 47. Hey, remember when:ultwendy: was a meme? That was so weird.
Yeah... that was definitely weird.

On the one hand, that was probably the most quality Jr./Koopaling content I've seen in a short amount of time.

On the other hand, it was only because Alpharad created that meme...

So... it was a mixed bag for me.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
It's kind of odd to me how people were taking it selling a lot less in Japan than in the US to mean it was a flop there. Given that a pie graph wouldn't show if it was a flop or not in the first place, it shows what percentage of sales came from where. Beyond that whether it flopped or not entirely depends on expected sales and it's seriously doubtful they were expecting to sell the same amount of copies in Japan as it sold in a country several times larger than it.
Yeah, you could say that Minecraft was a flop in Japan, simply because fewer people live in Japan than in the US.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
The only truly awful characters so far are Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and Kirby. The combination of stronger offstage play and a more aggressive game overall, along with not having changed much at all in the transition from 4 to Ult, meant that Jr. and Mac got left behind.
Kirby hasn't been good in 20 years so I think he's just doomed to be bad forever.
At least :ultkirby: is not :ultjigglypuff:.

D

Deleted member

Considering people tried to argue DQ is unknown to the west because 93% of its sales come from Japan, I'm just convinced the Smash fanbase doesn't understand how percentages work which is ironic considering that's how damage is measured.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I want to know whose idea it was to make it so Little Mac didn't get Jolt Haymaker back if he was hit out of it off stage.
Seriously him and Kirby makes me feel like they were trying too hard to compensate for strong ground game/copy abilities. You could give Mac a meh recovery instead of a godawful recovery and he still wouldn't be OP, and Kirby's copy abilities aren't too big of a deal unless you're Shulk. Seriously, Monado Kirby is a god.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
:ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig: would beg to differ.
Felt bad taking down the only other :ultludwig: user I've met online so far - but the end lag on some of their moves is so ridiculous that it was hard not to exploit

Sorry to whoever that was (great choice in Koopaling though)

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Yeah... that was definitely weird.

On the one hand, that was probably the most quality Jr./Koopaling content I've seen in a short amount of time.

On the other hand, it was only because Alpharad created that meme...

So... it was a mixed bag for me.
This is such a :ultbowserjr: moment when more people are talking about :ultbowserjr:/Koopalings on the social thread than on the character specific thread.

D

Deleted member

The only truly awful characters so far are Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and Kirby. The combination of stronger offstage play and a more aggressive game overall, along with not having changed much at all in the transition from 4 to Ult, meant that Jr. and Mac got left behind.
Kirby hasn't been good in 20 years so I think he's just doomed to be bad forever.
I think kirby is the only character that is the cant get past top 48 type ya but Mac is bad and Bj is lacking but definitely not bottom 3 but he is the worst of the disjointed hitbox bunch

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Doesn't the Piranha Plant preorder period end January 31? I think the direct will be February 1st, where they will reveal that Piranha Plant is out and will show some of Joker's gameplay, and maybe reveal the 2nd DLC fighter.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't the Piranha Plant preorder period end January 31? I think the direct will be February 1st, where they will reveal that Piranha Plant is out and will show some of Joker's gameplay, and maybe reveal the 2nd DLC fighter.
I can't wait for Piranha Plant's Little Shop Of Horrors on Switch.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
All I'm hoping for at this stage is that the Plant is at least decent

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yes, the Piranha Plant preorder period ends January 31.

I'm really confident we're getting a direct in February, since I don't see them going much longer into the year without some kind of promotion for their 2019 games (beyond just tweeting their release dates).

At the latest, :ultpiranha: will come out on the 15th, unless the Amiibo gets pushed back.

And there is a good chance of a 2nd character reveal, since as of February 2019, they only have about a year until their DLC deadline.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Yes, the Piranha Plant preorder period ends January 31.

I'm really confident we're getting a direct in February, since I don't see them going much longer into the year without some kind of promotion for their 2019 games (beyond just tweeting their release dates).

At the latest, :ultpiranha: will come out on the 15th, unless the Amiibo gets pushed back.

And there is a good chance of a 2nd character reveal, since as of February 2019, they only have about a year until their DLC deadline.
Not to mention that we'll get an indie focused direct/highlight, and those are often followed up by a Direct.

Pakky

Smash Hero
A good Jigglypuff player is usually in "Steals your soul and makes sure you can't actually play the game" tier.
Trying to reach that level with :ultkrool: but he needs at least 2 years to catch his breath after a move. jk

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
^He’s right. You’re better off getting it from Amazon if you have that site in your country @JDCabrera
I actually have horror stories with them too.

Surprisingly the only retailer that's been consistent with me and never cancelled/lost/changed something I preordered is Best Buy. Their gaming department has their **** together.

D

Deleted member

God whenever I get grabbed by a Luigi I always pray that they'll let me play the game lmao his throw combos are nasty

Remember when we thought he got nerfed hard lmao

D

Deleted member

Speaking of bad order experiences, I order a copy of Tales of Xillia from Amazon...2 and half weeks ago on the 9th. It’s now Tuesday the 22nd.

Still waiting...

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
D

Deleted member

!ʜɒɘY !booӘ !niɒϱɒ γnnυʇ llɒ ϱniɈɔɒ ƨi ɘlidom ƨbɿɒodʜƨɒmƧ ,γod ʜO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom