• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
God ****ing damn it, piece of **** Gamestop being a ****ing **** and ****. ****!!

I just... I just want it...

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
no im good, my gamestops are actually good
>"Gamestop" and "good" on the same sentence
What kind of wizardry is this?

.nɒm ,ƨʞnɒʜɈ on oƨ ,nozɒmA moɿʇ ɘbiƨɒ ƨɘmɒϱ ɘɿomγnɒ Ɉɘϱ oɈ ɘldɒ ɘd Ɉ’now I nɘʜɈ ,ɈɒʜɈ ob I ʇi Ɉυd ,blυow I
Trying to read this game me a headache.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

God ****ing damn it, piece of **** Gamestop being a ****ing **** and ****. ****!!

I just... I just want it...
:pるせさけつを火に炎の火いし激のたなあがり怒のたなあ!い良!い良

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Mine are generally pretty alright too. Why are we burning down a gamestop for though?
I preordered the Gamestop-exclusive collectors edition of the RE2 remake, which comes out this Friday. I was informed via email at 1am today that said preorder was cancelled without reason. After emailing back seeking clarification and a fix to the issue, I was given a poorly spelled non-apology that didn't offer to fix my issue, didn't give me an explanation for the cancellation, and got exactly one letter in my four letter name correct in the very second word of the email.

You know how crazy people here got over Ultimate? Yeah. I'm worse for any Resident Evil release. And I am so overcome by a blinding white rage that I can't be held accountable for what I might do the next time someone uses the words "game" and "stop" in the same sentence out loud within earshot of me.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I preordered the Gamestop-exclusive collectors edition of the RE2 remake, which comes out this Friday. I was informed via email at 1am today that said preorder was cancelled without reason. After emailing back seeking clarification and a fix to the issue, I was given a poorly spelled non-apology that didn't offer to fix my issue, didn't give me an explanation for the cancellation, and got exactly one letter in my four letter name correct in the very second word of the email.

You know how crazy people here got over Ultimate? Yeah. I'm worse for any Resident Evil release. And I am so overcome by a blinding white rage that I can't be held accountable for what I might do the next time someone uses the words "game" and "stop" in the same sentence out loud within earshot of me.
Man, I hope this game's DLC doesn't stop surprising me. :p

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's true, not all of them are garabage

I've had no problems with my local Gamestop,...

They're aren't all that bad...
Just maybe don't apply for a job there
Coming down from my rage for just a second, I actually love the people who work in our local Gamestops and have become really good friends with five or six of them. I also got my brother a job at one simply because the then-manager liked me. Small businesses are separate from their corporate overlords and shouldn't be judged by the sins of the father.

That said.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Looking at Capcom's line up this year and dang they're stacked. DMC4, RE remakes, Ace Attorney trilogy on all modern consoles and Steam. Two of these remakes but will be good for those two respective series.

D

Deleted member

Looking at Capcom's line up this year and dang they're stacked. DMC4, RE remakes, Ace Attorney trilogy on all modern consoles and Steam. Two of these remakes but will be good for those two respective series.
⸮ʞniʜɈ υoγ ob ɈɒʜW .ςƎЯ bnɒ ट ƆMႧ ɿoʇ bɘɈiɔxɘ m’I

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Mega Man X9, Mega Man ZX3 and Mega Man Legends 4. I HATE cliffhanger endings that never get a sequel.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Mega Man X9, Mega Man ZX3 and Mega Man Legends 4. I HATE cliffhanger endings that never get a sequel.
Me too.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Hey, let's at least be happy that Mega Man 11 is even a thing...

Without it, we'd be stuck with only Mighty No. Disappointment
I am, its just that I'm dying to know what happens after these endings. Specially ZXA/2 with that huge plot twist involving my favorite characters.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
⸮ʞniʜɈ υoγ ob ɈɒʜW .ςƎЯ bnɒ ट ƆMႧ ɿoʇ bɘɈiɔxɘ m’I
I'm intrigued by RE, having never played them. I did watch it at my cousin's house at the time.
Ace Attorney ports aren'tfor me since I played them countless times, but being more accessible across multiple platforms will be very good for the series' future. Digital copies in the west again please.

No comment on DMC4 since I don't have a Xbox One. But a new DMC is obviously exciting to folks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Capcom improved their game.
Activision almost did it thanks to Crash and Spyro, but then the Bungie controversy happened and made them lose trust.
SEGA has been doing neat stuff with Yakuza and Persona.
Namco is still making solid anime and fighting games.
Square Enix made cool stuff like Octopath Traveller.

Some of the few companies that are still trash include Konami (outside of Super Bomberman R) and EA.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Did it leave you crying like an anime fan on prom night?
Yes
Activision almost did it thanks to Crash and Spyro, but then the Bungie controversy happened and made them lose trust.

Some of the few companies that are still trash include Konami (outside of Super Bomberman R) and EA.
At least Konami let Snake come back in Ultimate, as well as also letting Simon and Richter join for the first time...

You gotta at least applaud them for that

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

SEGA also made Sonic Mania, which is the best Sonic title they made in years. I'm still hoping for more Classic Sonic games. Sonic Forces on the other hand...
Namco is helping with Smash Ultimate.
Square Enix made Kingdom Hearts 3. They only need to be less stingy now.
Konami is being nice towards Nintendo, letting some of their greatest characters come to Smash.

D

Deleted member

I'm intrigued by RE, having never played them. I did watch it at my cousin's house at the time.
Ace Attorney ports aren'tfor me since I played them countless times, but being more accessible across multiple platforms will be very good for the series' future. Digital copies in the west again please.

No comment on DMC4 since I don't have a Xbox One. But a new DMC is obviously exciting to folks.
Cool!
Impressed you could tell what I was saying.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Activision is hemmoraging money right now. The reason (assumedly) that CoD Black Ops 4 didn't get a single player campaign was cutting costs, and still its sales dropped from previous installments. They killed their Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, Skylanders and Transformers franchises with overexposure, killed Destiny 2 and lost Bungie, lost publishing rights to Spider-Man and Ultimate Alliance and are now slashing costs in pretty much everything Blizzard is doing. Activision is having a TERRIBLE couple years.

D

Deleted member

Activision is hemmoraging money right now. The reason (assumedly) that CoD Black Ops 4 didn't get a single player campaign was cutting costs, and still its sales dropped from previous installments. They killed their Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, Skylanders and Transformers franchises with overexposure, killed Destiny 2 and lost Bungie, lost publishing rights to Spider-Man and Ultimate Alliance and are now slashing costs in pretty much everything Blizzard is doing. Activision is having a TERRIBLE couple years.
At least Crash and Spyro are back on track.

That’s all that matters for me regarding that company.

D

Deleted member

Sounds like a sinking ship to me

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Tony Hawk...with overexposure
I blame this on the last few Tony Hawks being made by a separate team from Neversoft. Third time wasn't the charm for Robomodo, and THPS5 was especially horrible.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sounds like a sinking ship to me
They'll be fine as long as Blizzard remains a steady source of revenue. The company likely wouldn't recover from Blizzard releasing a failed product at this point. It's all they've got outside of CoD, and CoD is slipping. But what I'm getting at is that Spyro and Crash likely don't sell quite enough to make up for such huge losses.

They're either going to run those franchises into the ground too or shift focus away from them to the next Destiny-like regular source of revenue.

D

Deleted member

They'll be fine as long as Blizzard remains a steady source of revenue. The company likely wouldn't recover from Blizzard releasing a failed product at this point. It's all they've got outside of CoD, and CoD is slipping. But what I'm getting at is that Spyro and Crash likely don't sell quite enough to make up for such huge losses.

They're either going to run those franchises into the ground too or shift focus away from them to the next Destiny-like regular source of revenue.
Crash was a huge source of profit, and Spyro too.

Just look at the sales on the UK alone.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Yikes. That sounds abysmal. I only got the deluxe edition pre ordered from amazon so I only really gotta worry about if Im getting the Jill and Chris handguns or not. Didn't even know there was a CE for the game till recently. Honestly think it's overpriced though from what I saw. Like I think $120 to $140 would be alright but $200 was way too much for what's offered imo

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Crash was a huge source of profit, and Spyro too.

Just look at the sales on the UK alone.
To be clear, I'm not saying they don't sell at all. Both sold well.

But neither generates the kind of consistent revenue a "games as a service" blockbuster like Destiny does. Or the stupidly-well-selling-annual-franchise like CoD. It's like losing a twenty dollar bill and finding a five on the ground. Yeah, now you're not broke, but you're still hurting. It makes me worry that Bobby Kotick & co. will panic and order yearly installments of subpar Crash/Spyro games to try and milk them dry of what they can offer.

D

Deleted member

To be clear, I'm not saying they don't sell at all. Both sold well.

But neither generates the kind of consistent revenue a "games as a service" blockbuster like Destiny does. Or the stupidly-well-selling-annual-franchise like CoD. It's like losing a twenty dollar bill and finding a five on the ground. Yeah, now you're not broke, but you're still hurting. It makes me worry that Bobby Kotick & co. will panic and order yearly installments of subpar Crash/Spyro games to try and milk them dry of what they can offer.
We can only wait and see what happens.

At the moment, things look neat for both franchises. And i will pick CTR Nitro Fueled for PS4 and Switch without a doubt.

D

Deleted member

The fact people are simply forgiving Konami because they let Nintendo use some stuff in a fighting game really proves how that was their best business decision in years. If it weren't for that, we'd still be ******** about the RoB+SotN port

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yikes. That sounds abysmal. I only got the deluxe edition pre ordered from amazon so I only really gotta worry about if Im getting the Jill and Chris handguns or not. Didn't even know there was a CE for the game till recently. Honestly think it's overpriced though from what I saw. Like I think $120 to $140 would be alright but $200 was way too much for what's offered imo
I currently have these in my living room.

Each retailed for $180 and were limited to 500 copies. This Leon is of similar scale, detail and rarity, and I just wanted to complete the trifecta without breaking the bank. I was almost as excited for the stupid statue as I was for the game itself.

This is why I'm fuming and contemplating arson at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom