• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What'd they do?
I preordered the Gamestop-exclusive collectors edition of the RE2 remake, which comes out this Friday. I was informed via email at 1am today that said preorder was cancelled without reason. After emailing back seeking clarification and a fix to the issue, I was given a poorly spelled non-apology that didn't offer to fix my issue, didn't give me an explanation for the cancellation, and got exactly one letter in my four letter name correct in the very second word of the email.

You know how crazy people here got over Ultimate? Yeah. I'm worse for any Resident Evil release. And I am so overcome by a blinding white rage that I can't be held accountable for what I might do the next time someone uses the words "game" and "stop" in the same sentence out loud within earshot of me.
That said.

I've been off-topic and annoying people about this for, like, five pages. Don't mind me. I'm just very sad.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So people were talking about Gamestop? I hear a lot of **** about it, but as a non-American I know the amazing Game Mania

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I currently have these in my living room.

Each retailed for $180 and were limited to 500 copies. This Leon is of similar scale, detail and rarity, and I just wanted to complete the trifecta without breaking the bank. I was almost as excited for the stupid statue as I was for the game itself.

This is why I'm fuming and contemplating arson at the moment.

For some reason this gives me a sense of deja vu. @.@

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Sounds legendary. (Totally didn’t think Sonic Mania.)
They used to be that one store that said "Oh, we've had this in the back for a while? We're not Breaking streetdate but we can call pre-orders a few hours before closing time the Day before release to Let Them know we have their game *cough cough"
But then Nintendo found out

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm so, incredibly tempted to make Sunstone my avatar but I won't.

I'll give it a while, so everyone can see the episode.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Gamestop Owner: Someone just ordered the exclusive RE collector's edition, suggestions of what to do?
Gamestop Employee #1: Actually send them the game?
Gamestop Owner: Nah, too troublesome.
Gamestop Employee #2: Cancel their order and send them an awful mail that explains nothing without giving them their money back?
Gamestop Owner: You're getting a raise!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay, what is it about that comic? Is it just that one thing that everyone loves to hate?
It's a bunch of Eeveelutions ****ing. That's disgusting.

They're not even anthro, they look like dogs. It's a bunch of dogs ****ing. That's disgusting.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Gamestop Owner: Someone just ordered the exclusive RE collector's edition, suggestions of what to do?
Gamestop Employee #2: Cancel their order and send them an awful mail that explains nothing without giving them their money back?
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait I didn't realize Stainedgray didn't get the money back! Wowowowowowowow that sucks.

Also, staindgrey staindgrey could ya send us an image of the E-mail? (Blurring out the contacts, of course)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i had a dream where spring man got in smash and his assist trophy got replaced with matt from wii sports

probably a good exchange

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Just thinking out loud, but Staindgrey bought the game, and didn't get it, nor a refund. In a weird way, isn't that kinda theft? Not REAL theft, but sorta...?
(Does that make any sense?)

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
They should’ve just given :ultbowserjr: the paintbrush after all, even if it means sacrificing the Koopaling alts.

His clown car moveset being bottom tier just goes to show that uniqueness isn’t everything.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just thinking out loud, but Staindgrey bought the game, and didn't get it, nor a refund. In a weird way, isn't that kinda theft? Not REAL theft, but sorta...?
(Does that make any sense?)
like i said

sue

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

They're not even anthro, they look like dogs. It's a bunch of dogs ****ing. That's disgusting.
I am honestly terrified, glad I didn't came across it. And never will.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
They should’ve just given :ultbowserjr: the paintbrush after all, even if it means sacrificing the Koopaling alts.

His clown car moveset being bottom tier just goes to show that uniqueness isn’t everything.
Then again, It's not the clown car making him bottom teir. Just the moveset.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

The person who complains a moveset should be changed for the sake of tiers is worse than the one who complains for the sake of wanting a unique idea.

His clown car moveset being bottom tier just goes to show that anything can be possible in the game.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ha. Nice. I cracked a smile.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait I didn't realize Stainedgray didn't get the money back! Wowowowowowowow that sucks.

Also, staindgrey staindgrey could ya send us an image of the E-mail? (Blurring out the contacts, of course)
But no, they're not keeping my money. What they do for online orders is take your credit card info and hold it until they ship. Once they ship it, they charge you. That's how most retailers do it these days.

Likely what happened is the equivalent of overbooking on airlines. They accepted too many preorders, then cancelled some when Capcom couldn't meet demand. That's the issue with making this a Gamestop exclusive; rather than Capcom telling every retailer how many they're allowed to make available, Gamestop says how many they're going to make available. And obviously they don't want the number to be too low, so they overshot and went too high.

So now I don't get a copy, scalpers on ebay get a copy, and the customer service representatives are too afraid to tell me the real cause for my cancellation. They just talk in circles and hope I go away. It's very disempowering and kinda makes me feel like ****.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ha. Nice. I cracked a smile.

But no, they're not keeping my money. What they do for online orders is take your credit card info and hold it until they ship. Once they ship it, they charge you. That's how most retailers do it these days.

Likely what happened is the equivalent of overbooking on airlines. They accepted too many preorders, then cancelled some when Capcom couldn't meet demand. That's the issue with making this a Gamestop exclusive; rather than Capcom telling every retailer how many they're allowed to make available, Gamestop says how many they're going to make available. And obviously they don't want the number to be too low, so they overshot and went too high.

So now I don't get a copy, scalpers on ebay get a copy, and the customer service representatives are too afraid to tell me the real cause for my cancellation. They just talk in circles and hope I go away. It's very disempowering and kinda makes me feel like ****.
That sucks.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The person who complains a moveset should be changed for the sake of tiers is worse than the one who complains for the sake of wanting a unique idea.

His clown car moveset being bottom tier just goes to show that anything can be possible in the game.
Oh I don’t care about tiers.

I care about a character being fun to play as.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

So you're saying he'd love it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom