• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's Everyday Bro

With that ADD CRASH BANDICOOT IN SMASH flow

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The build up to the ToP is really good, but when you actually get kind of into it its like UUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Are you liking it so far?
Yeah, I'm currently on the Hit episode. Black/Zamasu arc was really fun for me even if it dragged a bit because Zamasu is such an entertaining villain to me, especially with the joke about how he doesn't really care if people listen to him or not because he just loves the sound of his own voice. The filler in-between is also really fun and as a fan of Dr. Slump it was nice seeing Arale and Senbei animated again. Also didn't expect to enjoy Pilaf this much either

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
It did, but I think the haters' assertion that none of those things done right came together in a full experience.

I will absolutely say without any hesitation that Fates, on the whole, is the worst FE game. I will not say however that it's irredeemable garbage. There are things I liked. There are a hell of a lot of worse games out there.
That seems like a gross overreaction.
It wasn't great, but it was very enjoyable.
And remember, there are still things like Gaiden, Echoes and New Mystery

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I want to see a timeline where, as they were making Unleashed, someone on the dev team said, "Hey wait a minute guys. The werehog segments suck. Why don't we scratch that entirely and focus on making more of these awesome daytime levels instead?" And then Sonic was redeemed and everyone lived happily ever after.
I don't think removing Unleashed's werehog segments would've fixed modern Sonic.

It was a problem, but it definitely wasn't the biggest problem modern Sonic has had.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It did, but I think the haters' assertion that none of those things done right came together in a full experience.

I will absolutely say without any hesitation that Fates, on the whole, is the worst FE game. I will not say however that it's irredeemable garbage. There are things I liked. There are a hell of a lot of worse games out there.
hey now, Fates aint that bad

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, really? Well ****. I bought the old translation on an SNES cart and everything four years ago. The story/translation/whathaveyou didn't leave an impression on me at all. It was my least favorite of the SNES games. Possibly my least favorite non-Fates FE game, actually.
Here's the link if you want to know about the translation project.

Currently it's retranslated up to and including chapter fifteen.

D

Deleted member

nothing screams anime con more then therion from octopath traveler swordfighting red hood from batman while fem!bakugo from bnha supervises them

and they say smash bros is the biggest crossover of the decade

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New Mystery is a great game though. So is SoV, though I know why that one's a bit more controversial.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I want to see a timeline where, as they were making Unleashed, someone on the dev team said, "Hey wait a minute guys. The werehog segments suck. Why don't we scratch that entirely and focus on making more of these awesome daytime levels instead?" And then Sonic was redeemed and everyone lived happily ever after.
If you want to save Sonic you need to stop Sonic 06 from being developed and make Sonic Adventure 3 instead.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm currently on the Hit episode. Black/Zamasu arc was really fun for me even if it dragged a bit because Zamasu is such an entertaining villain to me, especially with the joke about how he doesn't really care if people listen to him or not because he just loves the sound of his own voice. The filler in-between is also really fun and as a fan of Dr. Slump it was nice seeing Arale and Senbei animated again. Also didn't expect to enjoy Pilaf this much either
Very surprised you like Zamasu. I wish they played up his ego a little more, because without it he's kind of a bland archetype "I want everything to be good by killing everyone" kinda guy. Glad you're getting something out of it though, cause I hated half of super.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
nothing screams anime con more then therion from octopath traveler swordfighting red hood from batman while fem!bakugo from bnha supervises them

and they say smash bros is the biggest crossover of the decade
It's funny you say fem!bakugo because Horikoshi actually drew genderbent versions of some of the cast and Bakugo is literally his mother. I'll see if I can find a pic

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So you and I are always going to disagree on Echoes. I really liked that game. New Mystery also wasn't bad. I've never played the original Gaiden though, so I can't speak on that.

But while there were enjoyable character moments and I remember the map design and general difficulty curve being good in Conquest, I still can't say on the whole it was very enjoyable for me. I rolled my eyes more and more as the story progressed to the point that I was losing motivation for playing. I found the otherworlds with suddenly-grown children to be pandering and terrible and it hurt my motivation to recruit them. I hated that unlike Awakening where grind-y optional maps were just there to optionally make things easier, Conquest's progression seemed to take into account multiple optional side map stops between story maps. And I disliked Birthright so much I never finished it nor do I plan on doing so.

I don't hate Fates, but I'm also not being dramatic when I say I consider it the single worst one in a series full of games I genuinely love.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
what makes SoV have drama?
Mainly the maps more than anything. Large and barren for the most part, combined with the desert and swamp maps on Celica's side. Witches and Cantors too. Add in the more RPG-like elements and it's not something that clicks with some people.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well, TP made a lot of direct allusions to OoT and the Hero of Time. I think it was always considered to be canonically after OoT.
Yeah, but Ocarina is the branching path of the timeline

They basically could've put TP, in either of the two time branches where Link won...

Not exactly sure why Child Link's, in particular. It just feels kinda random.
Maybe it's the similar eerie tone to Majora's Mask? Idk

But hey, maybe it's just me...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Mainly the maps more than anything. Large and barren for the most part, combined with the desert and swamp maps on Celica's side. Witches and Cantors too. Add in the more RPG-like elements and it's not something that clicks with some people.
Are Cantors the ones that would always spawn more monsters? Like that one map where he was hiding away at the top while you got piled on? I specificly remembering hating that map to death

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Very surprised you like Zamasu. I wish they played up his ego a little more, because without it he's kind of a bland archetype "I want everything to be good by killing everyone" kinda guy. Glad you're getting something out of it though, cause I hated half of super.
Which half did you like then? ToP and movie recaps were like half of Super already right?
It's funny you say fem!bakugo because Horikoshi actually drew genderbent versions of some of the cast and Bakugo is literally his mother. I'll see if I can find a pic
Got it
a9VgQw4TuOAGvg3uXVbQ5aaTenIteULw16gBKcouQEk.jpg

I like how muscular fem!iida is. Kinda wish Horikoshi did that instead. I know he made Tsuyu a girl because he felt there were too many men though

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, but Ocarina is the branching path of the timeline

They basically could've put TP, in either of the two time branches where Link won...

Not exactly sure why Child Link's, in particular. It just feels kinda random.
Maybe it's the similar eerie tone to Majora's Mask? Idk

But hey, maybe it's just me...
They put it in Child Link's because he grows up to become the Hero's Shade and teach TP Link swordfighting techniques.
Can't exactly do that when OoT Link doesn't exist in the other timeline anymore.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Are Cantors the ones that would always spawn more monsters? Like that one map where he was hiding away at the top while you got piled on? I specificly remembering hating that map to death
Yep.

Even better was when you got the cantors that spawned witches. :p

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So you and I are always going to disagree on Echoes. I really liked that game. New Mystery also wasn't bad. I've never played the original Gaiden though, so I can't speak on that.

But while there were enjoyable character moments and I remember the map design and general difficulty curve being good in Conquest, I still can't say on the whole it was very enjoyable for me. I rolled my eyes more and more as the story progressed to the point that I was losing motivation for playing. I found the otherworlds with suddenly-grown children to be pandering and terrible and it hurt my motivation to recruit them. I hated that unlike Awakening where grind-y optional maps were just there to optionally make things easier, Conquest's progression seemed to take into account multiple optional side map stops between story maps. And I disliked Birthright so much I never finished it nor do I plan on doing so.

I don't hate Fates, but I'm also not being dramatic when I say I consider it the single worst one in a series full of games I genuinely love.
Storywise, Fates is weak, but let's be real, very few FE games have a truly great story.
Gameplaywise it may be one of the best, albeit on the easier side.

If we consider Conquest, Revelations and Birthright as three seperate games, Conquest is a very decent FE game and Revelations is kinda mediocre.

Saying Birthright is the single worst FE game is something I can totally get behind.

D

Deleted member

*Getting ready to talk about a game I've never played*
afoeeee.jpg

Honestly I feel like I would hate Fates simply because I'm pretty sensitive to incest in media, especially if it's not treated as a bad thing

(And no, "they're not blood related" isn't an excuse)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I find it funny that mostly everyone like Conquest more then Birthright. Better characters (minus lazlows kid and niles kid), Better music, Better setting, better difficulty

or Am I talking out of my ass here?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I find it funny that mostly everyone like Conquest more then Birthright. Better characters ( save for lazlows kid and niles kid), Better music, Better setting, better difficulty

or Am I talking out of my *** here?
I certainly do.
It's writing isn't what I'd consider good, but the game's mechanics themselves actually pretty good and it puts up one hell of a challenge.

View attachment 192870
Honestly I feel like I would hate Fates simply because I'm pretty sensitive to incest in media, especially if it's not treated as a bad thing

Funnily enough, the most promiment pairing the game wants you to make IS blood-related.
First cousins, but still.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
That doesn’t guarantee Sonic Adventure 3 would be good. Just make a good game I don’t care what you call it.
Anything would be better than 06 to be honest. That game left a permanent stain in Sonic's name and is partially responsible for Sonic not being as much of a rival to Mario nowadays like he was back in the day. Thankfully, he seems to be slowly returning to his glory nowadays (well, at least Classic Sonic is).

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
View attachment 192870

I understand the sentiment.

I don't understand how this one stupid option in a side-mechanic disqualifies an entire game.

D

Deleted member

I think Mario/Rabbids is better. It's even sadder that Mario + Rabbids wasn't even made by Nintendo, but fans of them.
I like Mario + Rabbids, but you're looking past SO many classics like Super Paper Mario. That and Bowser's Inside Story are for sure better than Rabbids. Highly recommend playing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom