• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There are a few backstory chapters but most it is for obtaining items to class up units to an exclusive 3rd Tier Class.

It's up to you, though it may be worth it if you want to attempt to beat the post-game Dungeon without an annoying amount of planning ahead with Pitchfork items & extra grinding.
That seems underwhelming for $44.99. Especially considering that Revelations was $19.99 and that was an entire new full-length story.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
lol then dont use meta knight side b in neutral
Honestly I think that's a move that's just incredibly popular with casuals, it looks really cool and the bounce-back at the end of the move when you hit something gives the illusion of being very safe, I had some friends who never played Smash at a party and one girl took a big liking to Chrom because she's his husbando and Meta Knight, when she played Meta Knight that was like the only move she did

D

Deleted member

Honestly I think that's a move that's just incredibly popular with casuals, it looks really cool and the bounce-back at the end of the move when you hit something gives the illusion of being very safe, I had some friends who never played Smash at a party and one girl took a big liking to Chrom because she's his husbando and Meta Knight, when she played Meta Knight that was like the only move she did
It's like the most satisfying move in Smash. I don't spam it, but I like kiling with it. AND IT CAN BE ANGLED. ORGASMIC

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh ****. I forgot that SoV had a season pass. I didn't buy it because it was more expensive than the game.

What the hell is in all that DLC? Is it worth buying it for a second playthrough?
Exp and item grinding maps, overclass shrines, and four bonus units.

The only dlc I bought was the four bonus units, because it was actually pretty cool having the Cipher units in the game.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
In some cases, you totally should.

I like to treat Them as different games.
RE2 was bad, RE2 remastered was great. That doesn't make RE2 good
Bowsers Inside Story is in the top 5 best games ever made, Bowsers Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey was a boring remake with nothing to add besides some mediocre minigames and really Awkward new graphics.
That doesn't make Bowsers Inside Story bad!

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It did, but I think the haters' assertion that none of those things done right came together in a full experience.

I will absolutely say without any hesitation that Fates, on the whole, is the worst FE game. I will not say however that it's irredeemable garbage. There are things I liked. There are a hell of a lot of worse games out there.
Pretty much my take. I respect the ambition but I think they tried to do too much at once. Though for my money, Birthright is easily the worst as it doesn't bring anything to the table and the story is a poor man's Mystery Book 2 (even though Fates is more expensive).

As an older fan I can pretty much tell those who are new to the series from recent outings & Heroes that bickering about Best/Worst games is nothing new. The fandom isn't any more toxic than it has always been and the direction of the series has always been in question. I think the only consistant opinion is that Shadow Dragon was too straight forward of a remake for it's own good.

That seems underwhelming for $44.99. Especially considering that Revelations was $19.99 and that was an entire new full-length story.
I didn't purchase it either. Both Awakening & Fates were much more lucrative in terms of DLC, though honestly I feel a lot of it is pay-to-win or is width held for no reason. We shouldn't have to pay extra $ to make sense of their storylines.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I like to treat Them as different games.
RE2 was bad,
You lost me.

Serious note, RE1-3 & CV take a more specific taste and have an innate difficulty that most modern gamers don't want to wade through to get good at them. That I understand. But RE1-3 are also classics and ludicrously high sellers for a reason. And also Code Veronica existed, I guess.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So before Three Houses releases, I wanna play a FE game to completion to get hyped for it. I don't have time to really commit to playing more than one, though, since I'm cutting back on videogames for the next few months for our Youtube channel.

Here are the candidates:
  • Awakening, just 'cause I really like it and can switch the parents/kids around again. Beaten it four times though.
  • Shadows of Valentia, because I've only beaten it once. Really like it though.
  • Path of Radiance because I started a new playthrough shortly before moving out in August and never actually went back to continue it.
  • Thracia 776 because that game is ****ing hard and, I dunno, give myself a challenge that makes Three Houses easy by the time I get to it.
  • Shadow Dragon because it's the best version of the original.
Thoughts, FE fans? Opossum Opossum got any input?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I have beaten all of these once before. I know what they're like. I just can't decide which experience I want before Three Houses drops.
Go for a Dark Mage Cord Shadow Dragon Solo Run.

Thracia's in the middle of getting a new and better fan translation, so maybe hold off replaying that one until it's done.
Mario has a more sensible timeline than Fire Emblem.
It's honestly not even that bad though.
Oh ****. I forgot that SoV had a season pass. I didn't buy it because it was more expensive than the game.

What the hell is in all that DLC? Is it worth buying it for a second playthrough?
I'd just get the Rise of the Deliverance DLC and MAYBE the Cipher Character ones if any. The Overclasses are mostly cosmetic since if you're at level twenty in a promoted class in SoV, outside of the final dungeon you'll never have issues. The others are just the grinding DLCs.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If you guys want to see bad timelines, look at Sonic. It's a mess
I want to see a timeline where, as they were making Unleashed, someone on the dev team said, "Hey wait a minute guys. The werehog segments suck. Why don't we scratch that entirely and focus on making more of these awesome daytime levels instead?" And then Sonic was redeemed and everyone lived happily ever after.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If you guys want to see bad timelines, look at Sonic. It's a mess
The Zelda one's kinda bonkers, too...
It just feels like Nintendo drew names out of a hat and just went:

"So which game is next in the Young Link timeline?...
Uhh... let's see...
Twilight Princess, it is!"

The fact they just plopped Breath of the Wild at the end of all three timelines, and even swapped Link's Awkening and the Oracle games' placements, just solidifies this, for me...

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Thracia's in the middle of getting a new and better fan translation, so maybe hold off replaying that one until it's done.
Oh, really? Well ****. I bought the old translation on an SNES cart and everything four years ago. The story/translation/whathaveyou didn't leave an impression on me at all. It was my least favorite of the SNES games. Possibly my least favorite non-Fates FE game, actually.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The Zelda one's kinda bonkers, too...
It just feels like Nintendo drew names out of a hat and just went:

"So which game is next in the Young Link timeline?...
Uhh... let's see...
Twilight Princess, it is!"

The fact they just plopped Breath of the Wild at the end of all three timelines, and even swapped Link's Awkening and the Oracle games' placements, just solidifies this, for me...
Well, TP made a lot of direct allusions to OoT and the Hero of Time. I think it was always considered to be canonically after OoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom