• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I don't think removing Unleashed's werehog segments would've fixed modern Sonic.

It was a problem, but it definitely wasn't the biggest problem modern Sonic has had.
Honestly the biggest problem with modern Sonic is Sega always trying to change things up for a fanbase that tugs them in like 8 different directions with multiple contradictory complaints. Like with Sonic Forces instead of just improving on the already liked boost formula they had been using they decided to have a CAC because reasons(though this could be fun if given more time and effort and honestly was probably the best part of Forces), modern Sonic actually played worse than Generations somehow, and Classic Sonic was there because a part of the fanbase hates everything not 1, 2, and 3 so had to have him there.
They try to do too many things to please too many different people all wanting different things and everything ends up half baked cuz nothing gets the proper care and attention it needs. They need to pick a style and stick with it for a bit, and improve on it as they go.

D

Deleted member

Edit: When will I finally not make a stupid post?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I like Mario + Rabbids, but you're looking past SO many classics like Super Paper Mario. That and Bowser's Inside Story are for sure better than Rabbids. Highly recommend playing them.
Super Paper Mario is more of a platformer. I prefer Rabbids to BIS

D

Deleted member

No, Uzbekistan’s economy is improving, its leadership is less authoritarian, and it’s becoming more of a player in the global market. In no way am I mocking them, and if I seemed like I was, I apologize.
Oh, my apologies. I am glad to see Uzbekistan heading toward more democracy.

D

Deleted member

I understand the sentiment.

I don't understand how this one stupid option in a side-mechanic disqualifies an entire game.
Like I said, I'm just personally sensitive to it due to personal reasons.

I would avoid the game for that sole reason because of that.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, but Ocarina is the branching path of the timeline

They basically could've put TP, in either of the two time branches where Link won...

Not exactly sure why Child Link's, in particular. It just feels kinda random.
Maybe it's the similar eerie tone to Majora's Mask? Idk

But hey, maybe it's just me...
I thought Young Link's timeline is where he won. Because after he won was when Zelda sent him back to his childhood so he could live the life that had been taken away from him. And the other branch from OoT was when he lost. Because in TP, the Hero of Time had won.

Or am I mistaken?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It seems like you are mocking the people of Uzbekistan. Do not do that.
Uh...this seemed like just a random, classic tried-and-true joke, though.
When someone enters in late and asks what's going on it's common to respond with something abstract and political to that person, who probably assumed we'd just respond "Smash discussion".
Big assumption there.

I understand the sentiment.

I don't understand how this one stupid option in a side-mechanic disqualifies an entire game.
This is likely because you've never actually been traumatized by the subject you're referring to. It's completely valid for someone who has to disqualify the game because of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh...this seemed like just a random, classic tried-and-true joke, though.
When someone enters in late and asks what's going on it's common to respond with something abstract and political to that person, who probably assumed we'd just respond "Smash discussion".
Big assumption there.
Yes, I am aware. That is why I edited the post.

D

Deleted member

Nohr could of been the base game and Id be 100% ok with that
Conquest is probably the only part of the whole package I could ever see myself revisiting. Birthright is okay but felt kind of like a worse Awakening and Revelation is just bad.

*Sigh* I'm really stuck on what to do with KH3 ATM. I could spend the time to find all of the Lucky Emblems (at least enough for the secret ending) guidless and have it not be too big of a deal in the more linear worlds, but right now I'm working on San Fransokyo and it's driving me insane. Caribbean is gonna be even worse, so I'm really weighing the pros and cons of using a guide right now.

...Y'know this wouldn't be so bad if my party actually helped point them out. Instead, I have to listen to Donald's "ThIs MiGhT bE a GoOd SpOt tO fInD sOmE InGrEDieNTs" and wonder if he's okay because he sounds like he's in extreme pain.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I thought Young Link's timeline is where he won. Because after he won was when Zelda sent him back to his childhood so he could live the life that had been taken away from him. And the other branch from OoT was when he lost. Because in TP, the Hero of Time had won.

Or am I mistaken?
Mistaken.
Iirc, there were three paths

Hero wins- young line
Hero wins- adult line
Hero fails-
Which is the dumbest **** of all time, but whatever, timelines don't matter in Zelda games.

D

Deleted member

Off-topic, but I am loving the Dragon Quest’s “Emblem Of Roto” manga a lot.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm currently on the Hit episode. Black/Zamasu arc was really fun for me even if it dragged a bit because Zamasu is such an entertaining villain to me, especially with the joke about how he doesn't really care if people listen to him or not because he just loves the sound of his own voice. The filler in-between is also really fun and as a fan of Dr. Slump it was nice seeing Arale and Senbei animated again. Also didn't expect to enjoy Pilaf this much either
Zamasu is one of the most unique villains in Dragon Ball.

The Tournament of Power is okay if fighting (or visual spectacle) is what you like about Dragon Ball.

I think most people's dislike of the Tournament of Power stems from the fact that it wasn't what they wanted(/were expecting). Part of it is due to marketing, really, the Tournament of Power promises a lot of characters coming back, but some of them get under-utilised.

Also, get ready for Master Roshi at his worst for a few episodes in the lead-up to the Tournament of Power, the writers go way overboard with his perversion and for some people it gets a bit uncomfortable.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly the biggest problem with modern Sonic is Sega always trying to change things up for a fanbase that tugs them in like 8 different directions with multiple contradictory complaints. Like with Sonic Forces instead of just improving on the already liked boost formula they had been using they decided to have a CAC because reasons(though this could be fun if given more time and effort and honestly was probably the best part of Forces), modern Sonic actually played worse than Generations somehow, and Classic Sonic was there because a part of the fanbase hates everything not 1, 2, and 3 so had to have him there.
They try to do too many things to please too many different people all wanting different things and everything ends up half baked cuz nothing gets the proper care and attention it needs. They need to pick a style and stick with it for a bit, and improve on it as they go.
Honestly, that's why they need to split their attention. Christian Whitehead and his team should cover the 2D fans, and Sonic Team should cover the 3D games.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Storywise, Fates is weak, but let's be real, very few FE games have a truly great story.
Gameplaywise it may be one of the best, albeit on the easier side.

If we consider Conquest, Revelations and Birthright as three seperate games, Conquest is a very decent FE game and Revelations is kinda mediocre.

Saying Birthright is the single worst FE game is something I can totally get behind.
You know, that's fair. They should technically be viewed as three separate games rather than as a whole. Don't let Birthright drag down all three and all that. I can understand that.

Regarding the writing though, it's more than just the overall plot. FE isn't something you play for its generic plots, but you do enjoy character interactions and dynamics, of which Fates was hurting due to being spread across three games and trying to account for all those possibilities while making a cast size warranting three games simultaneously. Rather than being a serviceable plot with plenty of fun supports, it's an only moderately serviceable plot with too much fluff and not enough substance in almost all its supports that makes getting excited for the next break in the action more of a chore than I'm used to. That's what I mean by "the story is bad". I like certain character designs, I like the general premise, I love like six or seven characters to death and... that's about it. I have zero motivation to play through the full game again to experience any of it.

This is all subjective though, and we're likely to always disagree. :smirk:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

The Tournament of Power is okay if fighting (or visual spectacle) is what you like about Dragon Ball.

I think most people's dislike of the Tournament of Power stems from the fact that it wasn't what they wanted(/were expecting). Part of it is due to marketing, really, the Tournament of Power promises a lot of characters coming back, but some of them get under-utilised.

Also, get ready for Master Roshi at his worst for a few episodes in the lead-up to the Tournament of Power, the writers go way overboard with his perversion and for some people it gets a bit uncomfortable.
I'm watching OG DragonBall. I'm in the world martial arts tournament now (just finnished episode 21). It's fun. And sexist. and dumb in some places. I still feel like I want to stick with it. Though the show is a little hard to take seriously sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Super Paper Mario is more of a platformer. I prefer Rabbids to BIS
It's also has the main core RPG elements you'd expect. I've yet to see Rabbids, and especially current gen Mario RPGs, do what the end of Chapter 3 of SPM did.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Look Sora, A Lucky Embelm!
Goofy: I think there might be a ~Lucky Emblem~ around here.

I like the theory (which I heard first coming from TFS) that Donald and Goofy were (in-universe) the ones who set up the Lucky Emblems, so they actually know where they are and are subtly hinting to Sora that one is nearby.

It explains how they know there's a Lucky Emblem in the Port Royal jail despite being in no position to even remotely see it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The biggest issue I saw with people is Jiren, the most bland villain in all of Dragon Ball. l remember seeing so many people say it should have ended at Toppo because Toppo went through a ****ing character arc and developed but nooooo we need "FRIENDSHIP AND ALLIES BAD I AM ANIME ALIEN BATMAN"

D

Deleted member

It's also has the main core RPG elements you'd expect. I've yet to see Rabbids, and especially current gen Mario RPGs, do what the end of Chapter 3 of SPM did.
Rabbids is one game my dude, anyways SPM is more of a conglomerate of genres than anything.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think Mario Maker 2 might be giving people too much power...
So did Mario Maker 1, but it’s called being greedy for power
Everything else you said didn’t matter...Raimi Spider-Man meme is all that matters
In a nutshell...be like Mario but faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom