• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If it isn't meant to be taken seriously than how come so many people treat it like a religion with Goku as their god.
Because people are REALLY ****ing dumb. Also, those people all grew up on Z, which was more serious in nature than DB by any mile as Toriyama was still in his wacky Dr. Slump phase. Still not a serious show, but edgelords be edgelords.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Disagreement is healthy.
What Bothers me is that people like hating on the games way too much. In my opinion, having great maps can make up for poor story because the game is still fun to play, but good story can't make up for bad gameplay, especially if it's good by FE standards, which aren't that high.
I can get behind that. It's just that those character interactions and supports are a big reason why I enjoy FE games. But disagreement and sharing thoughts is very, very healthy for perspective. Talking about Fates here has actually softened my stance on it over the last year.

To give a counter example though, Resident Evil Revelations is a game I enjoy despite having the worst story of any RE game, bar none. It's terrible. Everything about how they wrote it is laughable and dripping with wtf's. RE is never a game that people play for the story, but even despite that, Revelations is a whole new sublevel of bad stroytelling. That said, I like the game because gameplay is solely what I came for. FE games, it's just a part of what I came for. And they're very long games to play without enjoying the cutscenes and supports in between, you know?

D

Deleted member

Super Mario Television is my favorite game.
In reality, what is SMT about?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Braveboards.

Toriyama is at his core a Gag Mangaka.

I... what?

Was that in the Anime? I vaguely remember something like that, but not in the manga.
Yeah it was in the anime
Jiren serves the same purpose as Omega Shenron in GT: He is an indescribably powerful but bland thing for Goku to punch because they've run out of story-driven ways to give us a stronger threat. The difference is they still tried to give Jiren a backstory, poorly, which made him even more of a joke by the end of it all. Omega Shenron was an evil being born of the Z gang's actions with no prior history and no motivation but being evil. Jiren seems to fulfill the same purpose while Toei's trying to convince us, "No really! He has motivations and stuff! Here, check out this five minute backstory told by a clown."

Also it doesn't help Jiren's case that his design is freaking bland as hell.
I didn't watch GT because nyehhhhhhh not canon but Omega Shenron was because the Dragon Balls were abused too much right? Because that's honestly an incredible concept, especially with the implication in Broly that Bulma abuses the a LOT

Noipoi

Howdy!
We took my kid to Chuck E Cheese for here birthday, and I had to follow her into the big slide because she didn't take her shoes off. All the kids called me a Giant and freaked out.

D

Deleted member

Dragon Ball is fine, but it doesn't compare to the majesty of the legalize Halberd anime.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I can get behind that. It's just that those character interactions and supports are a big reason why I enjoy FE games. But disagreement and sharing thoughts is very, very healthy for perspective. Talking about Fates here has actually softened my stance on it over the last year.

To give a counter example though, Resident Evil Revelations is a game I enjoy despite having the worst story of any RE game, bar none. It's terrible. Everything about how they wrote it is laughable and dripping with wtf's. RE is never a game that people play for the story, but even despite that, Revelations is a whole new sublevel of bad stroytelling. That said, I like the game because gameplay is solely what I came for. FE games, it's just a part of what I came for. And they're very long games to play without enjoying the cutscenes and supports in between, you know?
Hmmm... If that's what you came into the series for, I understand.
Personally, I never pick up a game solely for the story so I don't really miss it when it's gone in a later installment.
That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good story in my game though, it's Just hard to enjoy a good story whith boring as all **** gameplay-intermissions.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
We took my kid to Chuck E Cheese for here birthday, and I had to follow her into the big slide because she didn't take her shoes off. All the kids called me a Giant and freaked out.
W. No. W. A. I'm. What? No. I'm actually malfunctioning what. Noi this is a joke post right you don't actually have a daughter right

She's not actually my kid, she's the daughter of my Mom's friend. But I love her so much I just started calling her my kid.

I should've specified.
BRUH MOMENT that's cute af tho

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
She's not actually my kid, she's the daughter of my Mom's friend. But I love her so much I just started calling her my kid.

I should've specified.
Yes, that would be helpful.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah it was in the anime

I didn't watch GT because nyehhhhhhh not canon but Omega Shenron was because the Dragon Balls were abused too much right? Because that's honestly an incredible concept, especially with the implication in Broly that Bulma abuses the a LOT
Honestly, I think Toei should remake Dragon Ball GT. take out or rewrite the stuff that doesn't work, and keep all the good stuff (like Baby and the Shadow Dragons), and absorb it into the current canon.

You don't even need the Black Star Dragon Ball stuff to get the GT plot moving.
My point was that times have changed since then at least, but ok.
Oh, I don't have a problem with "sexist mountain", it's just such a silly concept.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
*Looks at age on profile*
Wait... since when do you have a kid?

I should've specified.
Now that sounds like something you would do Noi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am glad I do not go to Chuck E Cheese anymore.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It’s a common face in his style. Also, It’s funny because I always thought the Dr. Slump poop looked like ice cream and the Slime looked like a Hershey’s Kiss. Toriyama is a master of deceitful character designs.
If Toriyama is a master of anything, it's bull****ting. It is a goddamn miracle how well the Cell saga turned out considering all the meddling his editors did

D

Deleted member

Ike is just nicer Seperoith.
Miiverse would say that he is Nintendo’s Cloud, tbh.
Because people there claimed at first that Cloud was an Ike clone just for the up-special.

Yeah... Miiverse had stupid stuff.

D

Deleted member

Moydow Moydow
I wish you had the power to delete Fire Emblem FANDOM Wiki. The FANDOM one is always the first thing that appears, but I hate it.
Your wiki is far better.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Not the worst story out there. I regret looking up ‘bad Chuck E. Cheese experiences’ and clicking on the first Reddit thread in sight.
You don’t actually have a child, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom