• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Inb4 Mario Maker 2 has the Amiibo costumes of every Fighter Pass character in the code, making people know the whole thing before Nintendo officially showed us.

D

Deleted member

I changed my profile pic to Halberd to symbolize my movement. #LEGALIZEHALBERD

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So did Mario Maker 1, but it’s called being greedy for power

Everything else you said didn’t matter...Raimi Spider-Man meme is all that matters

In a nutshell...be like Mario but faster
And cooler. And with more of a personality. And funner gameplay. And with better characters. Basically, Sonic should just keep being sonic and leave the plumber in his dark rank cave of suck.

D

Deleted member

Look Sora, A Lucky Embelm!
Words I wish I heard more than I actually do. :upsidedown:

This is why I like Goofy better. He may not point out Emblems either, but he does good damage to bosses and has the best Team Attack in the game (the Goofy YEET). When's Goofy getting a Keyblade, Nomura? I'd play a KH game where you're Goofy with a Keyblade.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The biggest issue I saw with people is Jiren, the most bland villain in all of Dragon Ball. l remember seeing so many people say it should have ended at Toppo because Toppo went through a ****ing character arc and developed but nooooo we need "FRIENDSHIP AND ALLIES BAD I AM ANIME ALIEN BATMAN"
Toei was originally going to give Jiren Toppo's personality, but Toriyama veto'd that decision.

I get the feeling Toriyama may have been doing something with Jiren, since he's essentially just a DCEU hero. :laugh:

Of course, making a character bad on purpose still makes them a bad character (not that I necessarily think Jiren is bad, but I understand why people don't like him).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm watching OG DragonBall. I'm in the world martial arts tournament now (just finnished episode 21). It's fun. And sexist. and dumb in some places. I still feel like I want to stick with it. Though the show is a little hard to take seriously sometimes.
Girl, it's Dragon Ball, it's literally always been for kids and isn't meant to be this super serious show at all. People praised the Black arc in Super for being incredibly ****ing dark yet it's still a Saturday morning 9AM show in Japan

Also there's a sentient mountain that's sexist and freezes over if it sees girls later

D

Deleted member

Inb4 Mario Maker 2 has the Amiibo costumes of every Fighter Pass character in the code, making people know the whole thing before Nintendo officially showed us.
There's a bunch of mysterious codenames, and one of them is "Brave"

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The biggest issue I saw with people is Jiren, the most bland villain in all of Dragon Ball. l remember seeing so many people say it should have ended at Toppo because Toppo went through a ****ing character arc and developed but nooooo we need "FRIENDSHIP AND ALLIES BAD I AM ANIME ALIEN BATMAN"
Jiren serves the same purpose as Omega Shenron in GT: He is an indescribably powerful but bland thing for Goku to punch because they've run out of story-driven ways to give us a stronger threat. The difference is they still tried to give Jiren a backstory, poorly, which made him even more of a joke by the end of it all. Omega Shenron was an evil being born of the Z gang's actions with no prior history and no motivation but being evil. Jiren seems to fulfill the same purpose while Toei's trying to convince us, "No really! He has motivations and stuff! Here, check out this five minute backstory told by a clown."

Also it doesn't help Jiren's case that his design is freaking bland as hell.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Words I wish I heard more than I actually do. :upsidedown:

This is why I like Goofy better. He may not point out Emblems either, but he does good damage to bosses and has the best Team Attack in the game (the Goofy YEET). When's Goofy getting a Keyblade, Nomura? I'd play a KH game where you're Goofy with a Keyblade.
Goofy with a keyblade would be badass

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Girl, it's Dragon Ball, it's literally always been for kids and isn't meant to be this super serious show at all. People praised the Black arc in Super for being incredibly ****ing dark yet it's still a Saturday morning 9AM show in Japan

Also there's a sentient mountain that's sexist and freezes over if it sees girls later
If it isn't meant to be taken seriously than how come so many people treat it like a religion with Goku as their god.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
You know, that's fair. They should technically be viewed as three separate games rather than as a whole. Don't let Birthright drag down all three and all that. I can understand that.

Regarding the writing though, it's more than just the overall plot. FE isn't something you play for its generic plots, but you do enjoy character interactions and dynamics, of which Fates was hurting due to being spread across three games and trying to account for all those possibilities while making a cast size warranting three games simultaneously. Rather than being a serviceable plot with plenty of fun supports, it's an only moderately serviceable plot with too much fluff and not enough substance in almost all its supports that makes getting excited for the next break in the action more of a chore than I'm used to. That's what I mean by "the story is bad". I like certain character designs, I like the general premise, I love like six or seven characters to death and... that's about it. I have zero motivation to play through the full game again to experience any of it.

This is all subjective though, and we're likely to always disagree. :smirk:
Disagreement is healthy.
What Bothers me is that people like hating on the games way too much. In my opinion, having great maps can make up for poor story because the game is still fun to play, but good story can't make up for bad gameplay, especially if it's good by FE standards, which aren't that high.

D

Deleted member

Goofy with a keyblade would be badass
TBH I'm surprised Donald and Goofy haven't gotten Keyblades yet. Kinda seems like an obvious thing to do at this point, given Nomura kind of retconned the "chosen one" explanation of the first game.

I'm also surprised Goofy's son, Max, hasn't shown up or even been mentioned yet. How does Sora not know one of his best friends has a kid?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
TBH I'm surprised Donald and Goofy haven't gotten Keyblades yet. Kinda seems like an obvious thing to do at this point, given Nomura kind of retconned the "chosen one" explanation of the first game.

I'm also surprised Goofy's son, Max, hasn't shown up or even been mentioned yet. How does Sora not know one of his best friends has a kid?
Nomura, that "Keyblade Heroes 3" seems like a good starting point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom