• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

*Meanwhile, at Marvel Entertaiment*
>Marvel's president: Ok guys, so it has been a while since we started resurrecting the Fantastic Four on January, what have each one of you done regarding them?

>Dan Slott: Well, I am glad to share that my run of the First Family is being well-received overall, and the sales of the book are nice. Things are fine regarding comics.

>Marvel Social Media: We made a big event online called "Fantastic Four Week", which brought more interest towards the team in general. It was well received. We also streamed some episodes of the 90s cartoon.

>Netmarble: We made a huge update based on the F4 for Future Fight, which many players enjoyed a lot.

>Kabam: We are slowly introducing each member of the team in the roster and lore of Contest Of Champions. The Thing and Silver Surfer are present already and we plan to add more.

>FoxNet: We added a Doctor Doom quest in Strike Force. There are plans for more Fantastic Four content in the future.

>Puzzle Quest devs: we made a huge update based on the legacy of the team and Namor. It was received decently.

>Marvel HQ: We published on our YouTube channel during Fantastic Four Week many episodes of World's Greatest Heroes, which many fans consider the best Fantastic Four series. We also made them available worldwide.

>Marvel Studios: after the purchase of Fox, we are finally testing the waters for the F4 content in the MCU through the Skrulls in Captain Marvel. We hope that we do a job that gets liked a lot.

>Insomniac: To celebrate the history between Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four, we added to Spider-Man PS4 two important suits from the most beloved stories shared by both characters. People liked Bagman a lot!

>Tt Games/Warner: We are releasing a bundle of every LEGO Marvel game with every DLC included. The Fantastic Four are in the first game.

>Marvel President: Well... I like what I hear a lot. I'm sure that things won't get bad anytime so-

*Ultimate Alliance 3 devs crash the door*

>UA3 Devs: Yo what's up fellow kids!? Sorry for being completely gone since December and skipping a big month for the company. HERE'S CAPTAIN MARVEL AND FOUR/THREE OTHER CHARACTERS THAT EVERYONE AND THEIR PARENTS EXPECTED BEFORE WE EVEN MADE THE GAME OFFICIAL!!! ISN'T THAT COOL MARVEL STUDIOS!?

*Insert Spider-Man facepalm here*

>Marvel Studios: No... It isn't. And you didn't even add the Skrulls...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I just love the fact that the Fantastic Four are literally on everything Marvel-related since the year started... Except Ultimate Alliance 3.

It's as if the devs just want to make something quick like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was and move on to other projects.

My throat is sore.
>:C
Hoping that you get better.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My throat is sore.
>:C
Get well soon. Did you try having tea/hot milk with honey in it? It helps when I have a sore throat.

I just love the fact that the Fantastic Four are literally on everything Marvel-related since the year started... Except Ultimate Alliance 3.

It's as if the devs just want to make something quick like Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was and move on to other projects.
You won't drop it, will you?

D

Deleted member

You won't drop it, will you?
The Ultimate Alliance 3 part of the Direct was the only thing I found bad on the whole thing, so I probably won't drop it whenever I talk about the bad stuff from the Direct.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wow, so the only thing that was keeping me from getting Dragon Quest XI on PS4 or Xbox One was the fact that the composer Midi'd the ingame OST so he could sell the album on his own. And since I don't have a strong enough PC I wouldn't be able to mod it in. Lo and behold the Switch version gets shown off and they confirm the orchestral overhaul is going to be standard in it.

Really ****ing glad I waited.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wow, so the only thing that was keeping me from getting Dragon Quest XI on PS4 or Xbox One was the fact that the composer Midi'd the ingame OST so he could sell the album on his own. And since I don't have a strong enough PC I wouldn't be able to mod it in. Lo and behold the Switch version gets shown off and they confirm the orchestral overhaul is going to be standard in it.

Really ****ing glad I waited.
Honestly even for someone who may not even touch a single DQ game, that was VERY satisfying to hear lol. Get ****ed Sugiyama you racist homophobe you

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Earlier today I agreed to do something pretty big. I know can handle it, but my family is counting on me and it might potentially put me in a really tight financial situation really soon so I'm super stressed out right now. I mean, it'll probably work out but there's still a ton of pressure on me.

Combine that with occasional insomnia and I'm basically just lying in bed angsting to myself.

I also need to make a really important phone call tomorrow. Jeeze I hate phone calls. Something about talking on the telephone just makes my social anxiety even worse.

Here's to hoping I get some sleep tonight. Ugh.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Honestly, I feel like, if nothing else, Piranha Plant leaker is the most legit leaker out there right now.

I won't say it's impossible for him to be a fake, because he could have somehow seen the Direct back in September(It's very obvious they film these months in advance)

But on the chance he didn't? Yeah, he definitely playtested the game.

The Flyswatter assist?

Piranha Plant running around in a pot?

Incineroar's Alolan Whip?

Like, unless he really did have access to the Direct in September, which is a potential possibility, I think he's our best shot at what 3.0.0 could have.
So what did they say about 3.0.0

D

Deleted member

Earlier today I agreed to do something pretty big. I know can handle it, but my family is counting on me and it might potentially put me in a really tight financial situation really soon so I'm super stressed out right now. I mean, it'll probably work out but there's still a ton of pressure on me.

Combine that with occasional insomnia and I'm basically just lying in bed angsting to myself.

I also need to make a really important phone call tomorrow. Jeeze I hate phone calls. Something about talking on the telephone just makes my social anxiety even worse.

Here's to hoping I get some sleep tonight. Ugh.
Good luck on whatever you gotta do, man.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of SE music
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Bah I say. Bah!

Also I just realized the avatar in Three Houses is literally called Tutoring in Dutch if you give it a lisp. Bijles. Pronounced 'bye less'
Wait is it literally called Bijles? Funny. :’-)

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Nou ja ga je onfff bijlefff geven dofffent?
Allright so I don't lisp, but I tutor.

With that little intermision out of the way:
Out next subject is, off course, Fawful.
If you would all open your books on the chapter 4 on why he has Fury
Fawful_sprite.PNG.png

Edit:
Screenshot_20190214-123827.jpg
DutchgangDutchgangDutchgang

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The Ultimate Alliance 3 part of the Direct was the only thing I found bad on the whole thing, so I probably won't drop it whenever I talk about the bad stuff from the Direct.
You come across whiny and entitled.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 was bad because they pushed the main female character that Marvel is pushing hardcore in advance of her movie next month! Oh my god. Fantastic Four FANTASTIC FOUR FANTASTIC FOUR.

Give. It. Time.

D

Deleted member

So, I hear they're remaking Link's Awakening, huh? Now that's exciting! A little disappointed that they only showed a little bit of Joker's model though, but at least it was something?
They gave us like 3 seconds of his ass and a glimpse of his knife and showed us nothing else

Kinda annoying like just show us the ****ing model already damn

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
It was just Home Run and Stage Builder right?
Homerun and Stagebuilder were assumed nu most people because they are somewhat of series Staples and people assumed they would be there.
And also because people really really like those modes and expect Sakurai to know that

osby

Smash Obsessed
Homerun and Stagebuilder were assumed nu most people because they are somewhat of series Staples and people assumed they would be there.
And also because people really really like those modes and expect Sakurai to know that
I wouldn't really call Stage Builder a series staple, it only appeared in two out of five games before.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if all the prayers for Nintendo to show us AC news lead to them showing us Astral Chain rather then Animal Crossing? :hyperthink:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I wouldn't really call Stage Builder a series staple, it only appeared in two out of five games before.
That's why I said "somewhat".
It's not a Smash Bros tradition but it's very popular and the concept has an iconic value, looking at the many parties with homemade stages I've had or the Youtuber-made minigames using weird ass stages.
It's an important part of the series, even though it's not been around for that long

Shroob

Sup?
To paraphrase the Piranha Plant leaker's exact words:

" Couple modes are day 1 patch and there is a dlc character pretty playable. "

So if he's to be believed, there are some modes that he thought were going to be added in a Day1 patch but never were, and now 3.0.0 hints what looks like a potential Stage Builder.

The character he's talking about is obviously Plant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't forget Assassin's Creed.
"Mr. Koizumi, they want AC news"

"Uh what the **** is an AC? Uhh screw it call over Kamiya and those white dudes they need to make some games RIGHT NOW"

D

Deleted member

Sucks to hear. Hope you get better soon.
Thanks for your concern! :)
Get well soon. Did you try having tea/hot milk with honey in it? It helps when I have a sore throat.
I’ll haven’t actually, thank you both. :happysheep:
Osby, next time you have a sore throat, put lemon in the tea too. Antibacterial. >:D
I think I’ll be okay, just a sore throat I’m going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom