• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Prankster 16

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5261-0723-0145
He also knows a lot about good music, which is always welcomed.
Hopefully he doesn’t mind to share it with us, unlike a certain someone...
*stares at :ultcloud:*
That's actually one of the reasons I'm scared about Erdrick, as the music in his games is even more protective, and we usually only get midi tracks for the games. It's a miracle we even got orchestrated music for DQ11S

Za Wa-hoorudo
Crazy Wahoomond

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's actually one of the reasons I'm scared about Erdrick, as the music in his games is even more protective, and we usually only get midi tracks for the games. It's a miracle we even got orchestrated music for DQ11S
I would be fine just with one or two battle themes, tbh.

Having Dragon Quest in Smash is enough for me already, so music isn’t a worry for me.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't that apply to every character?
Yeah, pretty much, lol. It really goes for the 3rd parties especially for me, though. Even with Nintendo characters I'm not too familiar with, I still love their designs and the Nintendo charm they all have. A lot of the 3rd parties are just kinda "meh" to me:

:ultpacman:: I like Pac-Man but he was never a huge want of mine in Smash TBH. Plus, he doesn't have any Pac-Man World 2 stuff, so...
:ultsimon::ultrichter:: I don't have any experience with the Castlevania series, and the series' aesthetic isn't really my thing.
:ultryu::ultken:: I like SF but never cared much for these two. Ryu's design has always felt super bland to me and I never liked Ken. Honestly wished we had characters like Chun-Li and Zangief instead of these two.
:ultbayonetta:: SUUUUPER not for me.

Of course, these are just my opinions. I have no issues with those that do like these characters, they're just not my cup of tea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Close to the trailer here. I didn't get to watch all of the other one that got deleted, but it should be nearly the same, if not identical.

Also, Ryan Reynolds has brought back the "Arceus pronunciation debate" back to life.
It was always "Ar see us" to me, and now I have Ryan Reynolds backing me up.

Today is a good day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was always "Ar see us" to me, and now I have Ryan Reynolds backing me up.

Today is a good day.
If Reynolds said it, it's canon. Case closed, we can all go home and finally pronounce Arceus the right way

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Close to the trailer here. I didn't get to watch all of the other one that got deleted, but it should be nearly the same, if not identical.

Also, Ryan Reynolds has brought back the "Arceus pronunciation debate" back to life.
I'm still on team ARE-KEE-US

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So....

I’ve been planning a last Hunger Games but it is gonna be majorly different:

1. It won’t be a fight to the death, I’m gonna use the text to create a completely custom game using the sim. This also means arena events won’t happen.
2. It will be a sort of cooperative game (using the text. All districts team up to fight a common foe), but only one survives. Not wins.
3. No robotic characters or Smashboards users. The former won’t make sense for plot reasons. The latter I’m just not sure anyone is up for it.
4. Only one instance of a character name (I.e. if Thanos is added, other forms and characters (I.e. Thanos Truck) won’t be included)
5. 48 tributes. Other than my usual 6 (Duck Hunt, Mr. Window, Gavin Free, Agitha, Star Butterfly, and Scarecrow), go nuts!
6. It won’t be this week, I need time to flesh out what events I wish to include and the framing story. I shall have the plot done by Friday. This also means no requests for now. Next Monday I will begin requests and then next Saturday I will run it.

That is all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Do people not pronounce it as Are-see-us?
I think the anime pronounced it Ar-Kay-Us, so that was the canon pronunciation and people would screech if you said it differently.

But now we have another canon pronunciation (Gamefreak wouldn't let them **** up the names, that's free advertising) so checkmate, animethiests.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of 3rd parties, if Sega ever gets more, can we get Jet Set Radio stuff please and thank you?

I've been wanting to try that game and I get major Splatoon vibes from its aesthetic, so I'd love to see it in Smash. Plus, it has really peckin' good music.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
So....

1. It won’t be a fight to the death, I’m gonna use the text to create a completely custom game using the sim. This also means arena events won’t happen.
2. It will be a sort of cooperative game (using the text. All districts team up to fight a common foe), but only one survives. Not wins.
3. No robotic characters or Smashboards users. The former won’t make sense for plot reasons. The latter I’m just not sure anyone is up for it.
4. Only one instance of a character name (I.e. if Thanos is added, other forms and characters (I.e. Thanos Truck) won’t be included)
5. 48 tributes. Other than my usual 6 (Duck Hunt, Mr. Window, Gavin Free, Agitha, Star Butterfly, and Scarecrow), go nuts!
6. It won’t be this week, I need time to flesh out what events I wish to include and the framing story. I shall have the plot done by Friday. This also means no requests for now. Next Monday I will begin requests and then next Saturday I will run it.

That is all.
I submit Ryan Reynolds

D

Deleted member

Speaking of 3rd parties, if Sega ever gets more, can we get Jet Set Radio stuff please and thank you?

I've been wanting to try that game and I get major Splatoon vibes from its aesthetic, so I'd love to see it in Smash. Plus, it has really peckin' good music.
If there is more Sega, I would prefer Yakuza, Skies of Arcadia or Phantasy Star. Not too familiar with JSR.
The Pokémon Company started calling it "Are-kay-us" because "Are-see-us"/"Are-say-us" is a little too close to the British word "Arse".

Noipoi

Howdy!

Not Alex Kidd

woomishygddt.jpg

Seriously though, Jet Set Radio seems cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

so I just learned that there's no second season planned for the LPS reboot...
i'm legit shaking and crying rn, for real this time

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I just hope 11 DLC doesnt become MK with horror/movie/comic movie guests like both previous games. Mileena is cool but giving her lips just feels odd.
I actually love the MKX redesign. And I hate that they seemed to just copy and paste her face onto Skarlet without the teeth.

I will really hate Skarlet if she essentially replaces Mileena for a game.

D

Deleted member

So you're telling me that if Noipoi made a joke regarding incest about Arigarmy's family, it would be fine? Because I doubt that.
If it was harmless as pulliig up a song for a quick quip for the same joke everyone here has made countless times. Yeah, don’t think that people would care. Or at the very least people wouldn’t be gossiping about it into the next day.
I know you're being facetious, but you should absolutely do that.
Like, it’s fine if you don’t like the joke. Nor did I. But gossiping about it ever since the person has long since stopped and let it go is kind of BS. Especially when he’s being framed as a pedophile for a dumb joke.

I didn’t even take the dude’s side at the time, but if the thread’s going to start to openly gossip...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

The original Jet Set Radio is on Steam and goes on sale somewhat often. You totally should.

Sadly though, JSRF is basically better in every way but it's never been re-released in any shape or form. You have to get an OG Xbox or a backwards compatible X360 to play it.

D

Deleted member

It was close to the trailer here. I didn't get to watch all of the other one that got deleted, but it should be nearly the same, if not identical.

Also, Ryan Reynolds has brought the "Arceus pronunciation debate" back to life.
Dammit Ryan, I though I could trust you!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So....

That is all.
I submit Prince Charming from Shrek,

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So....

That is all.
Sans, Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble.

Just put the starters all together if that's too much. Call em the Galar starters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh God

Oh God oh God oh God

My Switch charger won’t charge it?! I tried the power off trick, different outlets, EVERYTHING. it still won’t charge it... there’s not a lot of power left...

D

Deleted member

So....

That is all.
Actually no **** Thanos I submit jacked Barney
IMG_90841.jpg

D

Deleted member

There were two LPS series within MLP: FIM's entire run.

Wow.
I'm still floored at how huge FiM got. It's a miracle it's made it as far as it has and didn't stop at season 3 like originally planned.

Like, MLP was huge back in 2011-2012, and has pretty much cemented itself into internet culture. I'm extremely curious to see what Hasbro does with the brand moving forward, as FiM has one heck of a legacy for future projects to live up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom