• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Didn't really care about MLP back when it was first rising into popularity. 2010-2013 me was very neutral towards the series. Long as people didn't shove the show or their ..."ahem" fascinations in my face for no reason, then I was cool with Bronies and Pegasisters.

Come 2014 and I gave the show a watch myself.

I was kind of in some strong MLP phase for nearly three years after that. I know why I enjoyed the show to begin with, but looking I don't know why I was that into it...most of my avatars from that point onward until 2017 were from MLP and it was one of the only things I talked about on a social thread in the forum games (though being fair a lot of other people eventually became MLP fans through that thread as well lol). Occasionally Gravity Falls, as well (which has been my favorite show for a long time, now. Even my MLP phase wasn't strong enough for it to take GF's place as my favorite TV show.)

Kinda glad that phase is long over, tbh. But I still enjoy the show. I hope this last season does it justice.

D

Deleted member

man chronicles ****ing slapped
it probably sucked but damn as a kid it was the coolest ****
shade was so ****ing badass
Yeah, I will fully admit looking at the game objectively it isn't very good. It's kind of like a sucky version of a Mario & Luigi game.

But dang it, I still really like and want to play it again. It was an RPG where you could have freakin' BIG THE CAT as a party member with Eggman. It was amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm curious to see what others here think since I got Sonic on the brain now:

What are thoughts here on Sonic Chronicles? I've played through the game multiple times now and actually really like it. I was super bummed that Bioware never got to make a sequel.

Oh, and since I brought it up late last night, I wanna see what people here think about SA1 and 2's shooting levels. Everyone I ever see talk about them hates them a ton, but I actually love Gamma's and Eggman's levels. Tails' kind of suck, though.
  1. Chronicles' writing/music sucks, I hope Bioware stays away from franchise as far as possible in future
  2. Gamma was fine I guess, but they were overall weak imo

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I actually feel that way about Forces, which I guess isn't a popular opinion, as I've seen a lot of people like Forces' OST. Only song I like from Forces is Aqua Road.
I mean I’d agree that Forces’s soundtrack is arguably one of the weakest but I still enjoy quite a few of the songs in there, plus some fan musicians have made certain songs sound better *coughLilBouldercough*.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, here's a question for only the roughest of you.

What's your favorite Hannah Montana song?

Let's separate the boys from the men.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
The only good MLP characters in my opinion were Snails, and Maud Pie. Unfortunately one of them got shafted HARD simply because he was hated in the first few seasons.

D

Deleted member

That's why I never eat or go to the bathroom before going to a cinema room.

D

Deleted member

I mean I’d agree that Forces’s soundtrack is arguably one of the weakest but I still enjoy quite a few of the songs in there, plus some fan musicians have made certain songs sound better *coughLilBouldercough*.
I'm actually listening to Lil Boulder right now, lol.

D

Deleted member

three hours of just absolutely destroying Thanos.

No music or jokes or flashy action, but raw uncut footage of the remaining Avengers assaulting this guy.
natasha goes to his farm and does a ****ing drive-by

the last 2 hours and 55 minutes are just him lying down, slowly bleeding out and groaning in pain

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I will fully admit looking at the game objectively it isn't very good. It's kind of like a sucky version of a Mario & Luigi game.

But dang it, I still really like and want to play it again. It was an RPG where you could have freakin' BIG THE CAT as a party member with Eggman. It was amazing.
I could appreciate Big more if they didn't make him so dumb.

I'm glad Ultimate has Sunset Heights, is that an unpopular opinion?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Like, it’s fine if you don’t like the joke. Nor did I. But gossiping about it ever since the person has long since stopped and let it go is kind of BS. Especially when he’s being framed as a pedophile for a dumb joke.

I didn’t even take the dude’s side at the time, but if the thread’s going to start to openly gossip...
I don't particularly care about the joke or Arigarmy's intentions. If Noipoi was upset by the joke regardless of what it was and Arigarmy recognized that and apologized, there's nothing to talk about.

I originally responded specifically to you implying that it wasn't a big deal when it seemed, to me, that it in fact was a big deal to the receiver of the joke.

@Arigarmy had no idea she was 12 until after the fact. All he did was make a quick Alabama joke which is nothing out of the ordinary.

Just saying because certain people here have the habit of being dishonest.
And my response made it clear that jokes about a person's family in general should probably be considered off-limits by anyone here. Not specifically Arigarmy, but in general. It's just asking for someone to take it personally.

Jokes about someone's actual family are still a thing I'd usually consider off-limits. I don't have context or know what the joke was, so I'll drop it.
So you can throw the word "gossip" around but that's not what I'm doing. I've also attempted to stop talking about it for two posts now, but you keep replying to elongate the conversation. So.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is the Switch on the wrong side of the console that doesn't have the Switch symbol? That happens to me far too often.
Never mind, fixed it by powering it off (not just putting it to sleep) and going dock mode

So far at least...the charging icon is on but I don’t see the battery bar increasing. Give it a few minutes perhaps?

D

Deleted member

1. Chronicles' writing/music sucks, I hope Bioware stays away from franchise as far as possible in future
  2. Gamma was fine I guess, but they were overall weak imo
Sonic himself was great in Chronicles IMO. Some of the responses you could give for the dialogue options always made me chuckle; you could make Sonic just be a complete jerk in that game, lol.

Yeah, I know the shooting levels are definitely not a fan favorite. They're the antithesis of a Sonic game and Sonic level design, so they upset the flow of the game. I wonder if a spin-off with level design more dedicated to slower paced platforming and shooting would've made the concept received better? TBH I probably just like the novelty of playing as Eggman more than the levels themselves. He's probably my favorite Sonic character.

D

Deleted member

Never mind, fixed it by powering it off (not just putting it to sleep) and going dock mode

So far at least...the charging icon is on but I don’t see the battery bar increasing. Give it a few minutes perhaps?
It's probably an issue with your charger. If it's not, try cleaning out the charging port.

D

Deleted member

I don't particularly care about the joke or Arigarmy's intentions. If Noipoi was upset by the joke regardless of what it was and Arigarmy recognized that and apologized, there's nothing to talk about.

I originally responded specifically to you implying that it wasn't a big deal when it seemed, to me, that it in fact was a big deal to the receiver of the joke.

And my response made it clear that jokes about a person's family in general should probably be considered off-limits by anyone here. Not specifically Arigarmy, but in general. It's just asking for someone to take it personally.

So you can throw the word "gossip" around but that's not what I'm doing. I've also attempted to stop talking about it for two posts now, but you keep replying to elongate the conversation. So.
Christ what the **** did I miss here.

D

Deleted member

Deciding about wether I use my 10,25€ or something for the App Store on the Taxman ports of Sonic 1,2 and CD or that HAL game about the UFO.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Did he apologize? I actually don't know, I didn't read his response because I wasn't in the mood for snark. It'd be nice if he did.

Either way, i'd rather we all dropped it. The jokes were admittedly harmless but it's a very touchy subject for me.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh God

Oh God oh God oh God

My Switch charger won’t charge it?! I tried the power off trick, different outlets, EVERYTHING. it still won’t charge it... there’s not a lot of power left...
Lucky for you they're making two new Switch models, I guess.

Seriously though, is the DC jack wobbly at all? Like, without much effort, are you able to wiggle the power cable around in its jack when it's plugged in? That's always the first thing to check when having a charging problem. DC jacks can get loose and pull away from the motherboard in laptops and phones; I assume a Switch is no different.

D

Deleted member

IDK the context or w/e but all I'm gonna say is don't make incest jokes about actual users

You don't know if someone is pretty sensitive to it, and it can be a trigger for some people.

D

Deleted member

I learned the phrase "Nut up" (which simply means Man up in jersey) isn't as wide spread as I thought.

Couple that with me using it in a conversation about my sister and...Smashboards did what it does best.
Sounds like the thread needed to nut up.

Noipoi

Howdy!
IDK the context or w/e but all I'm gonna say is don't make incest jokes about actual users

You don't know if someone is pretty sensitive to it, and it can be a trigger for some people.
I know "triggered lol" is a meme, but incest is a big no for me. I can joke about fictional characters and whatever, but I will not tolerate talking about real families.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I learned the phrase "Nut up" (which simply means Man up in jersey) isn't as wide spread as I thought.
It didn't go west, no.

We said it in Ohio but when I moved to Oregon it was suddenly weird to say. It's odd just how many little things are different.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sonic himself was great in Chronicles IMO. Some of the responses you could give for the dialogue options always made me chuckle; you could make Sonic just be a complete jerk in that game, lol.
I think Sonic's characterization in Chronicles was really awful. Sonic is an established character, you can't just give him jerk dialogue options when he's a lot kinder than that towards his friends when he's written in character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom